• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my badges are so shiny

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    so i was wondering how many of you actually take the time to clean your badges and make them shine. or do u just let them stay dirty because u either dont want to waste the time cleaning them or you didnt know you could

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I do but then I forget to do so and they get dirty...but as soon as I check them I clean them up again as the badge case looks dull when they aren't shiny...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Because this isn't Unova specific (they can be polished in at least Sinnoh too), this goes to Pokemon Gaming Central.

As for polishing, I've only done it once. :(

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I polish them when I feel like it... (which isn't often)

I don't use my touch screen if I can't help it; I'm too scared of scratches. Dx

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't polish them. It's a nice touch to the badges, but tbh it's a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I did not know they could be polished in B/W, but I used to polish them all the time in Platinum.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I start the game each day, the first thing I do is clean my badges. I also clean the most recent badge I received. I like how they stay shiny in B/W.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    UGH WHENEVER I GO INTO MY TRAINER CARD AND SEE MY BADGES, IF THEY AREN'T SPARKLY CLEAN I HAVE TO SHINE THEM.

Every. Single. Time. It's so annoying because it takes like a minute to do all of them (which can be a long time in gameplay shut up). I wish I didn't feel so compelled to do it but I always am. *sigh*

Back