• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My DS Just Broke

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
  • I don't really want another lite, I would rather get a DSi. For now, I will put a game case under it... but I'm starting to save for a DSi now.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Well if its broken completely and unplayable and cant be fixed. Hit it with a hammer kick throw rocks at it. And burn it :)

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • All they have that deals with electronics in my town is Wal-mart, and they are pretty clueless. Plus, I've had the lite for 3 years... I want something new.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Problem solved then..Get a DSi.

That's what you want, do it.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I know. I already decided I was going to. It's just people kept saying to get it fixed.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Either A) Call Nintendo and schedule a repair which will cost maybe $70 at the most

Or B) Get a DSi, you might as well "upgrade" now since eventually games you may want will have DSi exclusive features.

But option A is roughly $100 cheaper

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    wdf? 2 months for a dsi? lol what is ur pay. It takes me 2-3 weeks to earn enough for a dsi.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • wdf? 2 months for a dsi? lol what is ur pay. It takes me 2-3 weeks to earn enough for a dsi.
    Well for one, I only earn minimum wage. (seeing as how I'm a high school student, I'm lucky to make even that)

Secondly, I have had driver's training so I could only work weekends. If I was working weekdays, I would be able to have a DSi and more in two weeks.

And finally, Better pay doesn't make a better person. I find it annoying that you would laugh at what I get paid when you don't even know WHEN and for how long I work.
    :\

&TommyGirl: The screen basically can be pulled out from the actual bottom part of the DS. Other than the fact that it will still turn on and play, it's officially broken. I don't think you'd suck it up if you were in my place with the damage that has occurred to mine.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well for one, I only earn minimum wage. (seeing as how I'm a high school student, I'm lucky to make even that)
    If you were paid less than that, it would be illegal.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Same thing happened to my sister, she got used to it. Though, getting a DSi is a good idea, unless you don't have anything else to play your GBA games, then you're screwed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015

Secondly, I have had driver's training so I could only work weekends. If I was working weekdays, I would be able to have a DSi and more in two weeks.

And finally, Better pay doesn't make a better person. I find it annoying that you would laugh at what I get paid when you don't even know WHEN and for how long I work.
    :\

&TommyGirl: The screen basically can be pulled out from the actual bottom part of the DS. Other than the fact that it will still turn on and play, it's officially broken. I don't think you'd suck it up if you were in my place with the damage that has occurred to mine.

But I'm not laughing, I work at Mcdonalds getting payed $8.71 AUD an hour which is like minimum wage, and I'm still in highschool. Out of interest where do you work

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You wont have to start all over on your games, it will just give you a new Friend Code.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Just suck it up. I personally think buying a new system would just be a waste when you only have a minor damage to your DS.
    Hold the DS slightly downward (not towards you) so the screen flops backwards instead. (It's what my bro does.)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • DSi. I'd go with that option, because you'd be able to use your DS Lite for things like Pal Park and GBA stuff, while being able to show off your DSi and all ^__^

Years
  • Just suck it up. I personally think buying a new system would just be a waste when you only have a minor damage to your DS.
    Hold the DS slightly downward (not towards you) so the screen flops backwards instead. (It's what my bro does.)
    If you read the last post, they said it was basically separate, which implies the halves are joined by wires. They said that they can't use it how it is, so I don't see the point in telling them to suck it up. I don't want to bite back, but I bet they're not happy about their DS, so we should be supportive.

I've been in the same position only being able to work weekends and to be honest, you need to make sure you keep a steady pace and don't over-commit yourself just for some extra cash.

If you're wondering about an investment, I'd say it's worth grabbing a DSi, so you don't find out you can't use new releases a few months down the track. Purely your choice, though.

Back