• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my first sprites

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
  • want my advice make one sprite and build and improve it and perfect the shading and make unique features in the sprite rather than making Loads of not very good sprites because then your not learning to improve :/

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    your still not following his advice! Try to work on ONE at a time. I would continue to work on the snake if I were you. It's your best one and needs work on shading so work on that one's shading and then the worse ones will be easier and easier to work with.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    thanks 4 the tip ive re shaded them but unfortunetly their not game insertable
    Spider: Hmm... See, Pokemon sprites face bottom left, rather than straight at the player. So try to make its face look bottom left. As I said before, that spider only contains not even eight colours. And can you see that one leg is behind the other? Well make the legs in the back darker.
    Hand Thingy: What is that? Get rid of the default colours.
    Fish: Probably your best one, you should probably change the contrast of the colours.
    Snake: Oh come on, no one saw through that edit? But for a first edit, that's pretty good.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • they're good, better than i could ever do.
    i would work on your shading.
    your pixels are very flat in my opinion. xD

Visualization

Mike★ Smiley Master
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 26, 2009
    You need to make your sprites look a bit more 3-D, because they look rather plain to me. Try to put that extra detail into it.

Also, I think it would be best to add all your sprites to the thread starter...

Years
  • now fox or any other administrator please dont block this post because i told my freind i would put his sprite on here because im not sure how to put it on privite messages and this is rockman0's idea not mine so if u like the idea please tell him not me

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    why would they block it. Also it needs to be a little bigger and it needs shading. It's a pretty good concept, of an electric fox maybe?

Years
  • like i said its rockman0's idea and its name is Denkage wich means shadow hound. and the reason that a moderator would delete it is because it is a double post.also i made a newly shaded spider and it has the color set. one thing ive noticed about this thread is that all of you critisize me and i want to be critisized and judged but like at the beginning i said that it would be nice if you helped me think of names and im not forcing or ordering you to think of names im SUGGESTING you to

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • um well how about a little creature that isnt an animal or an object that you could make a pokemon then add features and maybe make the top of the spider's legs rounder like a real spider

Years
  • some things on that
    1) on its back is real fire
    2)i already gave it the name pyracnid
    3)its the volcano spider pokemon
    oh and NEW SPRITE!!!
    its name virog(i need to think of better names...)

Last edited:
    Back