• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Stall [OU RMT]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Introduction
    Hi. How is everyone? Good? Good. I decided I wanted to try my had at stall, because id didn't too hard (it's harder than it looks) and it looked fun and to be honest, offense was getting boring, so I basically had three choices, I could use Rain, Sandstorm, or Hail, well Hail was kind of DA's thing so I didn't want to do that, and it seemed like a lot of work, and tbh I hate hail, so I went old school, sandstorm baby.

Team At A Glance
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    My First Stall [OU RMT]
    -w

A Closer Look:

My First Stall [OU RMT]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    252hp/168def/88SpDef
    Impish Nature
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Slack Off

First off, I love Hippowdon. It has a massive amount of health, a reliable heal move, slack off, STAB EQ for those pesky fires rocks and steels. Roar make is good for PHazing. First Move set up SR. If the enemy has taunt and levitate or is flying type, im screwed for the most part. I might change out Earthquake for Stone Edge, so I can hit flying types, still debating it.

My First Stall [OU RMT]

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    252hp/40def/216spe
    Jolly Nature
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Roost
    U-Turn

Gliscor is one of my all time favorite pokemon, he is immune to ground and electric attacks, he has a STAB EQ, learns U-Turn which is good to get out of trouble and scout. Taunt with his fast speed can help him prevent would-be walls like Blissey or Snorlax or what have you from healing, and then take em out with an EQ or two.
    My First Stall [OU RMT]

Flygon @ Leftovers
    252hp/176def/80spe
    Jolly Nature
    Roost
    Toxic
    Crunch
    Thunderpunch

Flygon alone is one of my top 5 favorite pokeon of all time, mostly because of its typing, and its adorable, imo. But bulky Flygon is now even more of a favorite. It is immune to electric and ground, so it basically acts as a second Gliscor. Crunch is oh so useful in many situations, but I am considering dropping it for outrage or another defesive move, I'm not set on this set so any suggestons are welcome. I may also drop it for earthquake as it is my only one for sure counter to Heatran, and can survive a Dragon Pulse from a scarfed Heatran with abot 10% health left after taking entry hazard damage.

My First Stall [OU RMT]

Foretress @ Leftovers (might trade for a shed shell)
    252hp/112atk/144def
    Relaxed Nature
    Earthquake (Maybe Payback, I'm not set)
    Explosion
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin

Foretress is simply one of the best Rapid Spinners period. It is durable enough to lay down 2 to three layers of spikes, and may even be able to explode after its done with its purpose. As long as a fire type or Magnezone doesn't switch in, I should be fine. Earthquake is to help me with, well I'm not sure but damage is always nice. Payback would be nice for those ghost switch ins that try to block my spins.

My First Stall [OU RMT]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf (finally not leftovers)
    80hp/252atk/176spe
    Jolly Nature
    Trick
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Iron Head

Choice scarf Jirachi, however annoying it may be against you, is an asset to any team. The only thing I have learned, is be careful who you scarf :P. I personally like it because you can scarf something like an opposing Foretress, Skarmory or other entry hazard layerer(?) and hinder their usefulness, or I can use it to out speed certain opponents like Salamence. Ice Punch is obviously used for dragons and I like the 60% chance to freeze enemies, especially ghosts. Fire Punch is for the likes of Skarmory & Scizor and Foretress. Iron Head is just for flinchy fun.
    My First Stall [OU RMT]

Rotom –w @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252hp/228def/28spAtk
    Discharge
    Wil-O-Wisp
    Reflect
    Pain Split

Rotom-w serves four purposes on my team. Purpose 1 spin blocker, I didn't spend all that time setting up hazards for them to go to waste. Purpose 2, helps dispose of those unwated flying and water types, who always get in the way. Purpose 3, it spreads burning via W-O-W. Purpose 4,, it is pursuit bait, well that's not really a purpose as much as a fact. Rotom-w is fun and helps a lot in stall. It's also better than Sucknior due to having levitate even though Sucknior has better defenses.

Conclusion
    So, that's my stall team. It works fairly efficiently. I may drop a few skills here and there, but I don't know for certain yet. I come into problems mostly through Swampert. It wrecks my team because it survives EQ and I have nobody with Grass Knot or Energy Ball or anything. That's pretty much my biggest counter I have seen so far. Machamp has potential to do a lot of hurt, especially if Rotom-w is out of the picture. I haven't really had much more give me too big of problems I haven't overcome, SubPeyata Empoleon is also a problem.
    I've said what I wanted to say, now lets hear from the rest of you. Be brutal in your criticism, I want to log on to Shoddy in tears about how bad my team sucked.

Thanks for reading.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • 252 HP / 252 Special Defense on Forry works a lot better, letting you take weaker special attacks better so you can set up your spikes. T-Spikes > Explosion or E-Quake would be nice since they are quite helpful in OU.

I don't see why you need both Flygon and Gliscor on the same team, since Gliscor does its job way better. You need a special wall to take on stuff like Specs or Life Orb Latias, who can put massive dents in your team. It hardly even has to predict as Draco Meteor OHKOs most of your team and can weaken Jirachi and Forry over time. This would be yet another reason to go with 252 HP / 252 Sp Def on Forry. Even so, I'd replace Flygon with something like Blissey, who walls Latias cold and can still provide you with Toxic support while not being a waste of a team slot lol...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mixape owns your team, Starmie owns your team, Suicune owns your team, status poops all over your team, Taunt + Toxic Gliscor destroys 5 (prolly all 6)/6 of your team, Heatran weak yeah this isnt going to work like at all lol.

Put in a special wall like Snorlax or Blissey >> Flyfail. Preferably Blissey.

Then put in Careful 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 S.DEF Rest Talk Roar Gyarados >> Gliscor who covers the same things and beats Mixape + Tran for you.

Max speed on jirachi with attack + jolly.

Back