• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Mom Contacted Nintendo Today...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ZOMG They're glowing to 'blow up' a small pixelated town...

Sure its slightly violent, but its not like it would actually happen in the game, and...terrorist propaganda?
    I'm not quite sure it has to be taken that seriously. ^^;

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
    Terrorist propaganda my arse, it's a game...people these days are so soft, they hear the word terrorist and immediately think September 11th. Of course September 11 was a tradgedy but this is taking it a little too far.

Years
    Oh crap, If they have to change DP, then this will postpone the Australian Release date. We already get it 2 months after the US any longer is just stupid.

If the general public had such a problem with this Kind of thing, then why has the Move "Explosion" survived for 4 generations. Blowing one's self up when low on health and taking another innocent pokemon's life with it. Isn't this suicide bombing?

Terrorist propaganda my arse, it's a game...people these days are so soft, they hear the word terrorist and immediately think September 11th. Of course September 11 was a tradgedy but this is taking it a little too far.

Well said.

Look what i made!!
    My Mom Contacted Nintendo Today...
    My Mom Contacted Nintendo Today...

ROFL

Last edited:

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
    Years
    Since Pokemon was created it seemed like there was always some faction claiming that it was violating copyrights, alleged propagandistic messages...even racism. I for one know that Pokemon has never given me the urge to commit any crime :P

I mean...c'mon...could Pokemon be more innocent?!

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    I really dont see this as violence. Grand Theft Auto where you are the one cr8ing violence is what you would have to worry about, the game presents it as the 'Bomb' being the negative force and stopping the bad guy will give rewards and praise. If I see a dead deer on the road, im not gonna wanna go out and kill another one.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    1. you haven't said anything to retract my comments. your run-on contemplation is doing nothing for this discussion, so you may as well use your adminstrative abilites and close this thread.

2. i never said games drive people to do violent things. i made no such comment whatsoever. i DID say such presentation of violence and vulgarity in popular media make issues such as bombs seem mere, when they are in fact very serious. your failure to comprehend this quite contradicts your attempt to question MY comprehensive abilities as well as your validity as an administrator.

3. do NOT try to give me or anyone else a scenario you somehow invented. you may think of me as stupid, but i'm not stupid enough to get enveloped in such BS.

4. i never said any of those things -- blaming Pokemon and other popular videogames for violence caused by young people. refer to point # 2.

5. i never compared killing of any kind to the effects of deflation of serious issues in popular media. refer to #2.

6. floods are natural disasters that are directly involved with the plot in R/S/E. the plot, of course, being that they were going to catch a pokemon that could FLOOD the world (Kyogre). the concept of an evil pokemon trainer is not related to utilizing a bomb. as i said, they could have easily changed the scenario in D/P.

7. i agree, there's a clear difference between this world we live in and the events in a fictional game, but i don't see why you would need to tell me that. i never said that i take videogames to a realistic extent. if you are attempting to offend me by saying so, then you've failed.

i'm sorry if you think i was making an attack on you, but it seems that the majority of people are misinformed on the issues of vulgarity and violence in popular media.
    1: Wow, you didn't even read what I said did you? I said I don't care what people think when it comes to what I say. My rank doesn't dictate how I post and my views on things.
    And I'm not going to lock this thread just because you say so. You're not PC Staff, you don't know how it works, so keep the Staff stuff to ones who do know what they're talking about.

2: And that whole thing goes back to my FIRST point (should I quote it again?). If people would understand the difference in games and IRL (like I said) none of would be going on. Because people thinks "OMG bomb in game means kids will think lightly of bombs IRL.", and that's the whole prob. That's the point I'm trying to get across, that's the point you just don't get. Your whole argument is torn down by my first point. If PochamaPLUS' mom knew the line between IRL and games would she have still called Nintendo? If Jack Thompson knew the line then would he be going around blaming games for everything wrong happening in the world? If you knew the line between IRL and games would you be in here having this nice little chat with me about IRL/Game stuff?

My validity as an Administrator? So because I don't hold to your standards that's what makes me a bad Admin and I shouldn't be on the Staff? Not to put myself up, but I've been on the Staff for 4 years, I've been a member a lot longer then you. I have worked very very hard on PC for years and years. And you think I shouldn't be an Admin? Who died and put you in charge? What position are you in that you can clearly say that about me? Sure you can say it. But from what point of view? Someone that knows nothing about the Staff, nothing on how we work, someone that's been here for a fraction of the amount of time I've been a member, where do you come off insulting my authority as an Admin. You don't like my views on bombs in Pokemon games, sure that's fine, don't like my views on the line between games and IRL, fine. But if you're going to go off and gripe about me as Staff, you better have some good reasons to back it up.

3: And yet I look at you as even more stupid then before. Because you can't see past your own little safe zone you can't take that as something that can be true? It's not BS, it's only because you see it as such because you're closed minded. That little scenario of mine holds merit in the point I'm making. And just because you don't know how to respond to it gives you the right to go off and tell me what I can and can't say? Who gave you the right to dictate what's said in this thread? If you don't like it, too bad, deal with it.

4: And yet you complain about something that goes on in a Pokemon game because it has something to do with IRL stuff?

5: I'm just going to say... Killing IRL /=/ killing in games.

6: And the difference is?... Just because something is in the plot means it gets pass? That is real smart.
    A bomb on a Pokemon game can kill a few people and a flood can take out a whole city or the whole world. There's a difference in the two? Because the plot calls for it? Because the Pokemon is to blame? Because the trainer wanted it to happen?
    Let me put it this way (here's another one of my invented BS scenarios). A bunch of people are in a cave (there's only one way out), Team Galactic doesn't use a bomb to collapse the entrance, they use a Graveler to use Selfdestruct. Both have the same outcome but one is wrong because one doesn't involve a Pokemon? They caught a Pokemon that can kill, they are evil Pokemon trainers, and they are no different then Team Aqua wanting to flood the earth. So what was your point again?

7: I need to point out that nice thought to you because you clearly said "bombs are very real. bomb threats are very real.", and that was something in a game. So why do I have to tell you that gaming gaming doesn't equal IRL? Because you already made a post complaining about something in a game having real life consequences. If you did believe "there's a clear difference between this world we live in and the events in a fictional game" I wouldn't have to be making this post right now.
    And why would I want to offend you? You're not worth it. And if you think my posts comes off as offense then sure, the truth hurts.

You pretty much picked me out of all the posts in this thread. I would say that is pretty much making an attack on me. And you're misinformed in the line between gaming and real life.

you haven't said anything to retract my comments as well, except for "bombs are everywhere". did they have to be in a pokemon game when they could have easily avoided the discussion of a bomb at all in that scenario? the obvious answer is no, they didn't.

i didn't dismiss the flood example at all. i just pointed out that the comparison given was invalid because the relation between the contrasted concepts are not leveled. a flood would be caused by a pokemon... a bomb would be caused by a person. the flood had a lot to do with the storyline in the game... meanwhile, a bomb had nothing to do with the storyline in the game.

i'm sorry if i'm ruining this thread. thanks for informing me of that, although, i'm not sure it's in your job description to rate the persistence of threads. however, i'm quite sure you are talented in the craft of warning members on no real grounds. so be it. but do enlighten me, what is my "manner" of argument? i haven't resorted to threatening people or using derogatory words unlike the staff, which i can only guess many have accustomed to here.
    He proved a few of your points wrong and yet you say "you haven't said anything to retract my comments". You might need glasses.

I would reply to this, but I already have. Go read point 6 in my post.

Did you just say what I think you said? Boy you are stupid. Thinking Asch (or anyone else on the Staff for that matter) is in the job of handing out warnings when not needed. Thinking he has to make up crap to hand out a warning. Thinking he has get so low and holds a grudge on you that he isn't smart enough to know when and when not to give a warning to someone. Do you know how long he's been a member, been Staff? He is one of the best Staff members PC has ever had (his rank proves that). He is 1 of only 5 people to ever hold the rank of Staff Admin, so his rank isn't taken lightly, and you shouldn't be tossing around crap like that.
    More like no Staff member should be taken lightly, they didn't get there because their name is pulled out a hat of names, they didn't get there because they are friends with someone, or suckup to someone, they are there because they are good at what they do.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I agree with Arcanine...It's just a Freaking game!!!
    And besides, In the game, you end up beating the ever loving snot out of him for saying that anyway...NOA probably had no idea that this would shake up someone....It's just teaching kids that threatening people will just get you into trouble...and Bring down the wrath of others upon them.
    It seems to me Like she doesnt understand them and is Prejudiced against games. When People like that see any bomb threats or references to violence they freak out with out fully understanding the context it was used in...Then they get all self-righteous and refuse to listen to reason until the see it burned.
    PochamaPLUS' mom could have just Sat down and talked about it without overreacting...

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    LOL I hate people like this. Violence happens people, and you're the protagonist who goes out to stop it. Great evil makes for great heroes after all, and such is the point. (Mind you saying that, Wes blows up Team Snagem's base at the start of Colosseum, and he's meant to be a protagonist. More of an anti-hero in my book, but that's ok too).

Sammi-chan

I'm Rude and Proud 8D
    Years
    LOLZORS. It's a friggin' video game- What, is it gonan influence five year old kids to start blowing places up? No. They are smarter than that- At least, I and like, 80 other of my friends were. *rollseyes* No offense to your mom, but god... Is... She... Weirded? O_O I mean, wow. A bomb. Nothing ever happened- It's not like he blew up people, and you saw guts flying aorund your screen.

Oh, and Samson, isn't it bad to fight against Staff? Apparently, at the Serebii.Net forums(hopefully this isn't considered at advertising.), you'd be warned straight away. I have to disagree with you on one point Samson- So what if he's an Admin? He can surely post his opinion. It's not like his head had to be locked up.

ZOMG They're glowing to 'blow up' a small pixelated town...
    XP That's very violent. One thing, the graphics aren't even realistic. For what I'd see, a pool of blood could be a pool of... *drools* KETCHUP! XP

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    I don't see anything wrong with the whole "bomb" idea. I mean you defeat Team Galactic in the end.

Er, they DO blow up Lake Valor...
    But even so, it returns to normal soon after.

See? Everything works out!

Hey, if I recall, Team Rocket was slicing Slowpoke tails off in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

And there WERE referneces of the Rockets killing off Pokemon in Red, Blue and Yellow.

See? Pokemon has a history of relentless violence! Nothing new!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    She was watching me play, and when I got to Celestia Town (sp?/name?), she saw what the Galaxy guy said about blowing the town up and said it was Terrorist Propaganda...so she called NOA..i was so embarrased.

I'm so mad @ my mom too..but now that i think about it, its kinda funny. What are your views on it?

At least Nintendo had a laugh that day

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Let's say someone actually does something about this. Then they would take out the violence to "protect the younger audience," correct?

Well, let's see, that would mean they would take out:

The Battles
    Team Galactic
    The cemetary (don't remember what the tower is named)
    EVERYTHING.

So yeah, it's a game, there's a HUGE difference between reality and games.

And in previous games, there has been things when violence is present (ie: Cutting Slowpoke's tail).

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    yes.. as a republican im also angry about the windmills.. i'm against that.. i like oil and nuclear power instead..

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think Your Mom's Overreacting
    Its just a game Dude,Its fictional,Not-Real!
    Everyone knows that even your mom!
    but then again she might be teasing you and says that she is calling Nintendo
    if that isn't the case...you're in trouble LOL

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    yea come on its just a game if your mom wants to complain about a game tell het to complain about the gta seris

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years
    true, but you can look at it inversely, and it could also be teaching kids that when you don't get things the way you want, you threaten to kill others or even worse, yourself (which has become more often in pre-teens as well as teens in just the last couple years). also, it can give the impression that bomb threats occur all the time. suddenly, any day you want to have a couple days off of school, you just send anonymous letters threatening to bomb it or shoot it up.

all i'm saying is that with all the given recent events, the situation of a bomb threat posed in a popular game might have a few negative outcomes.

they could've had the same scenario but just not discuss a bomb at all.

But kids who choses the bad guys from a video game to be their role models over their own parents who don't make bomb threats are stupid and have stupid parents.

Yeah that's a pretty shallow point, but I'm sticking to it.

Now, I'm giving you fair warning. Keep arguing in the manner you have been, and you will soon find yourself with an actual warning. If you and Arcanine want to bicker mindlessly, you can do it over PM. Stop ruining a perfectly fine thread.

Hey, hey, hey, woooaah.

Their argument is what makes this topic perfectly fine. In my opinion, anyway.

Last edited:
    Back