• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My NEW balanced team plan

Years
    Ok i think this team is more balanced then the fighting one i had, i took two suggestions that were givin to me and improved on one. I kept one from the other team, probly my fav ever, and two are completly new.

TEAM DESCIPTION

Torterra @ Impish
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP/148 Atk/108 Def
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Stealth Rock
    Leech Seed

Torterra here is my lead. His main job is to get stealth rock up, after i can use leech seed to try and force a switch and gain/drain HP. Then he can deal damage as long as he can or i choose to let him.

Lucario @ Jolly
    Item: Life Orb/Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed

Lucario here is a swords dance physical sweeper. Open up with SD then hit 'em hard, extremespeed is again useful for picking off the weak.

Gardevoir @ Calm
    Item: ???/Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 Atk/168 HP/84 SDef
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball

Gardevoir is my special sweeper. Ofcourse open with calm mind then like Luke hit them hard, thunderbolt is a good counter for alot like Gyara and shadow ball hits other psy types.

Heatran @ Naive
    Item: Choice Scarf/Ability: Flash Fire
    Explosion
    Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran was recommended to me and I liked it and the pokemon. So here is my revenge killer. One question though, How do i make hidden power the ice type? lol im a noob, sorry

Vaporeon @ Bold
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Surf
    Hidden Power [Electric]
    Wish
    Protect

Another one recommended to me, i like Vaporeon and this set up looks pretty good, also helps check some weaknesses I have. Again how do i make HP electric?

Toxicroak @ Adamant
    Item: Expert Belt/Ability: Dry Skin
    Swords Dance
    Sucker Punch
    Earthquake
    Poison Jab

Toxicroak is basicaly my fav pokemon ever. I kept him here for a little suprise, i mean you dont see him much and my opponent will be like HUH?! lol So if i have to resort to one last pokemon to try and win id love to have my FAV by my side. He can do some damage and poison jab is just a stable move for this guy so i gota have it. I may change EQ for Ice punch, what do you think on that?

So here is my new more balanced time. Go at it and help me out!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuuko

Ne ne~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    Lucario, Heatran, and Toxicroak all has an EQ weakness. Maybe you should replace one of them with a Pokemon with levitate or a flying Pokemon. That's all the advice I can give you, since I'm not that good with Pokemon movesets, but I notice how 3 of your Pokemon (Torterra, Heatran, and Toxicroak) have one ground move in each of them, so it might be best to change the movesets or replace your Pokemon that would give better coverage.

As for Hidden Power, you need the right Individual Values.

For HP Electric, these are what the numbers should be:
    HP/Atk/Def/Spd/SAtk/SDef
    odd/odd/odd/odd/even/odd
    odd/even/even/even/odd/odd
    even/odd/even/even/odd/odd

For HP Ice, these are what the numbers should be:
    HP/Atk/Def/Spd/SAtk/SDef
    odd/even/even/odd/odd/odd
    odd/odd/odd/even/odd/odd
    even/even/even/odd/odd/odd

I hope that helped somewhat.

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    I recommend you change one of your pokemon, namely Toxicroak or Lucario, to a Pokemon which is good against Ground, i.e. Weavile and Mamoswine can be good choices, but you may also find a use for Gyarados, one of my faves, so I hope you prosper and have many victories!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Well once again you have a massive Ground weak and all you sweepers need to set-up to become threatening so I'm going to suggest Latias over Toxicroak as it really is doing the same thing as SDLuke(which makes a great clean-up sweeper)

Latias@ Choice Specs
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Nature : Timid
    -Draco Meteor
    -Surf
    -Trick
    -Dragon Pulse

What is the use of running Atk EV's on Gardevoir =[
    Use this set instead

Gardevoir@ Leftovers
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
    ~ Wish / Focus Blast

I'll drop by for a better rate later. Looks better then before =]

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Gardevoir looks like dead weight/Pursuit bait here.

Id replace it with something to cover your DD Mence/Lucario weak.

Last edited:

Yuuko

Ne ne~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    @Pokedra: He probably meant SAtk. That's how I would abbreviate it.

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Replace Lucario for something with Levitate. Mismagius is good with the Mean Look / Destiny Bond Set. Can be a killer. On second turn of Destiny Bond after using Mean Look switch Mismagius. And then watch your opponents Pokemon Faint.

Years
    Re-re-made team

Ok i went ahead and Re-re-made the team, alot has changed meaning only one poke is the same but i covered weaknesses a bit better. The biggest one being the ground weak i seem to always have. So here is the new team:

Empoleon @ Modest
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/176 SAtk/80 SDef
    Hydro Pump
    Aqua Jet
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock
    This will be the teams lead. Empoleon will set up stealth rock and also serves as a semi-special wall. Hydro pump gives him some nice power and matches up with aqua jet which lets me get off a fast hit if i need it. Ice beam gives him a bit of coverage and can counter any early dragon opposition.
    Staraptor @ Jolly
    Item: Muscle Band/Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 Atk/4 HP
    Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Roost
    Toxic
    This guy cant be hit by ground, a weakness i tend to have. He serves as a speedy power house with brave bird. U-turn allows him to be a scout as well drawing out pokes that are effective to him and allowing me to give some damage and switching to counter his counter. Roost for a bit of stalling and allowing him to hang out a deal damage longer.
    Charizard @ Mild
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Dragon Pulse
    Roar
    Charizard is sorta a bulky fire i suppose. He is immune to ground be part flying type and focus blast lets him hit rock types hard since they are a HUGE threat to his typeing. Flamethrower is a powerful STAB move and dragon pulse lets me hit anything and and salamence/other dragons that come up. Roar is more defensive allowing me to force a switch and rack up stealth rock damage.
    Gardevoir @ Calm
    Item: Wise Glasses/Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 SAtk/200 Spd/56 HP
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Wish
    Still a good special sweeper. Shadow ball hits other psychics and ghosts. Psychic for a powerful STAB move. Calm mind ups his SAtk and wish to heal up whoever is in at its time of use.
    Raichu @ Hasty
    Item: Expert Belt/Ability: Static
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Grass Knot
    Magnet Rise
    I think this is a fun set up. Thunderbolt for its STAB power and HP ice can hit dragons or rock/grass. Grass knot is for pesky swamperts who think bein ground keeps them safe. Magnet rise lets him escape ground moves that he is weak to.
    Rampardos @ Jolly
    Item: Life Orb/Ability: Mold Breaker
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    Rock Polish
    Rampardos is my late game sweeper. Rock polish combuned with a jolly nature and speed EVs lets him outspeed alot. Head smash for STAB power, thunderpunch so he can cover his water weak. Earthquake matched up with mold breaker leaves levitators grounded.

So here it is the re-re made team. I think it runs alot better and covers more weaks then before. Alomost everyone has a back up with the move sets how they are. Now im still a noob though so i may be completley wrong so look at both team and give your opinion on what team looks better.

O i like to call this the Unkown Threat as none of these are seen too much and arent on the threat list but i believe that if ran right the whole team set up is a big threat.​

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Honestly, the first team you posted was just...better. There's a reason these Pokemon aren't OU. I'll give you the run-down though and try to fix this sinking ship. =(

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Empoleon @ Modest
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/176 SAtk/80 SDef
    Hydro Pump
    Aqua Jet
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock
    This will be the teams lead. Empoleon will set up stealth rock and also serves as a semi-special wall. Hydro pump gives him some nice power and matches up with aqua jet which lets me get off a fast hit if i need it. Ice beam gives him a bit of coverage and can counter any early dragon opposition.

Grass Knot is better than Ice beam to hit Swampert (and even Gyarados) for more damage. Still, given the rest of the team, I wouldn't worry about a centralized lead for your team just yet.

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Staraptor @ Jolly
    Item: Muscle Band/Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 Atk/4 HP
    Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Roost
    Toxic
    This guy cant be hit by ground, a weakness i tend to have. He serves as a speedy power house with brave bird. U-turn allows him to be a scout as well drawing out pokes that are effective to him and allowing me to give some damage and switching to counter his counter. Roost for a bit of stalling and allowing him to hang out a deal damage longer.

Staraptor is one of the worst users of both Roost and Toxic. Use Close Combat and Return to replace them, and Adamant is usually better than Jolly here. Choice Band >>> Muscle Band...Staraptor needs the power.

But that's ignoring the bigger problem. You're trying to make a semi-defensive Pokemon out of a Pokemon that simply can't do that. Even Flygon runs this sort of thing better. This just won't work, even if your team does need an Earthquake immunity.

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Charizard @ Mild
    Item: Leftovers/Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Dragon Pulse
    Roar
    Charizard is sorta a bulky fire i suppose. He is immune to ground be part flying type and focus blast lets him hit rock types hard since they are a HUGE threat to his typeing. Flamethrower is a powerful STAB move and dragon pulse lets me hit anything and and salamence/other dragons that come up. Roar is more defensive allowing me to force a switch and rack up stealth rock damage.

Charizard is terrible and certainly isn't bulky. Again though, you're mixing and matching roles when something at a disadvantage like Charizard needs to focus on one thing. Roar is basically a death sentence, but in general Charizard is just too weak and too easy to pick apart with Stealth Rock and Pursuit.

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Gardevoir @ Calm
    Item: Wise Glasses/Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 SAtk/200 Spd/56 HP
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Wish
    Still a good special sweeper. Shadow ball hits other psychics and ghosts. Psychic for a powerful STAB move. Calm mind ups his SAtk and wish to heal up whoever is in at its time of use.

Same as the last three - An average (at best) Pokemon and a mixed up moveset. wish might work in UU, but a heavy hitter (Scizor and Tyranitar especially) can come in and hammer this before it can inflict a point of damage. Replace.

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Raichu @ Hasty
    Item: Expert Belt/Ability: Static
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Grass Knot
    Magnet Rise
    I think this is a fun set up. Thunderbolt for its STAB power and HP ice can hit dragons or rock/grass. Grass knot is for pesky swamperts who think bein ground keeps them safe. Magnet rise lets him escape ground moves that he is weak to.

You might as well be using Life Orb/Choice Specs Jolteon here since it does the job much better. Magnet Rise still doesn't save you from the inevitable Blissey/Snorlax/Jolteon that can tear you to pieces.

CHARMANDER418 said:
    Rampardos @ Jolly
    Item: Life Orb/Ability: Mold Breaker
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    Rock Polish
    Rampardos is my late game sweeper. Rock polish combuned with a jolly nature and speed EVs lets him outspeed alot. Head smash for STAB power, thunderpunch so he can cover his water weak. Earthquake matched up with mold breaker leaves levitators grounded.

Another mediocre Pokemon. This actually wouldn't be so bad if it was properly supported, but it's not.

Okay, to fix this mess, let's go back to the team you first posted in this thread, as it was infinitely better. If you haven't already, I would read our team building guide to help you out some.

The problem with your team (besides the poor Pokemon selection) was a complete lack of strategy. It's basically 6 Pokemon thrown together that do not work together at all. Even if those were top-tier OU Pokemon, the team would likely still be pretty suspect. You can't panic if somebody spots a weakness (and by panic I mean replace 5 Pokemon and essentially start over). Honestly, the Ground weakness was overblown imo, since you had Torterra already, and replacing dead weight like Gardevoir with Latias, Skarmory, or Gyarados would have basically solved the problem.

Just start with the original team, spot out your weaknesses, and replace Gardevoir and Toxicroak with the Pokemon you choose to fix those weaknesses. I would seriously go for the OU Pokemon since you seem to be new to this, so there's no need to put yourself at a big disadvantage when you're already less experienced.

Oh, and lease space out your RMT next time. It's near impossible to read when it's jumbled together like that. If you're not good with spacing or whatever, PM it to me and I'll format it for you.

Back