• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My OU Team

Vidgamer4

Discord: vid#9964
    Years
    My team at a Glance:
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    Note: this team would be used with item clause most likely so thats why there are no item doubles.

Metagross
    My OU Team

Nature: Adamant
    item: Occa Berry
    evs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 def
    -Meteor mash
    -Earthquake / Bullet Punch
    -Explosion
    -Stealth Rock
    Descreption: choice band imporves all the attacks, main attack would be meteor mash for lots of damage, eartquake for high type coverage, zen headbutt to hit fighting types, and explosion to hit LOTS of damage when metagross is near death.

Blissey (willing to change pkmn)
    My OU Team

nature: calm
    item: leftovers
    evs: 252 Def / 80 Sp.Atk / 176 Spd
    -protect
    -ice beam/flametrower
    -toxic/thunder wave
    -softboiled
    Descreption: Just a basic blissey, toxic to eat away at hp, softboiled when HP get low, or thunder wave to paralyze, flamethrower/ice beam to deal damage to pkmn, protect to help toxic eat away, seismic toss for consistant damage, and leftovers to keep HP up.

Umbreon
    My OU Team

nature: Careful
    item: Chople Berry
    evs: 252 HP/ 92 Sp.Def/ 164 Spd
    -mean look
    -toxic
    -wish
    -baton pass
    Descreption: Mixed Wall, lock other pkmn in with mean look, then poison w/toxic, then baton pass to keep them locked in, wish when HP is low, and enigma berry to heal super effective attacks

Salamence
    My OU Team

nature: Adamant
    item: Yache Berry
    evs: 252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spd
    -dragon dance
    -earthquake
    -outrage
    -fire fang
    Descreption: basic DD Salamence, main attack is outrage to hammer other pkmn for high damage, earthquake to hit steel pkmn, fire fang for skarmory, lum berry to remove the cofusion from outrage or remove a burn right away.

Gengar
    My OU Team

nature Timid
    item: Choice Scarf
    evs 252 sp.atk/ 252 spd/ 4 def
    -thunderbolt
    -will-o-wisp
    -focus blast
    -shadow ball
    Descreption: main attack is shadow ball to hit psychic like alakazam, thunderbolt for gyarados, focus blast for more type coverage, and Will-o-wisp to help hurt pysical sweepers.
    (BTW this guy was finished before i posted him so he's done training and his HP is rock)

Scizor
    My OU Team

ability: Technician
    nature Jolly
    item: life orb
    evs 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Superpower
    -X-Scissor
    Descreption: main attack is Bullet Punch and Technician, Life Orb, & Swords Dance to power it up, superpower for Steel types, and X-Scissor to deny psychic & dark types like alakazam.

Changes are in BOLD

Last edited:

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Make this look a little better. Use the img tags
    My OU Team
    https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html. go find the sprites of your pokemon and copy and paste the url between those img tags.

That's really the only help I can give. I'm going to start doing RMT after I become more experienced with my own teams and competitive battling. But seriously man use some pics =D. Make people want to rate your team

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    If you were planning on leading with Blissey...Please don't. It can't lead for crap, and you risk losing your special wall/cleric very early in the battle.

Why not Baton Pass those Mean Looks? It's better than simply staying in and trying to confuse or poison something. Then you can take advantage of Mean Look by passing it so you can try to set something up. And Wish is a better form of recovery for Umbreon so you can support your team as well as reliably heal yourself. Also, 252 HP / 92 Special Defense / 164 Speed @ Careful nature is a better spread so you can try to outspeed some stuff before they attack.

Life Orb > both of those items on Mence, Lum berry is nearly useless since you'll outspeed most sleepers after a DD, and your main STAB won't be hitting a lot of stuff for super effective damage, so expert belt isn't very useful either.

Focus Sash is useless on anything besides leads due to the presence of stealth rock, so I'd put a choice scarf on Gengar so you can revenge kill stuff since a lot of stuff outspeeds you. Will-o-Wisp, HP Fire, or HP Ice > Explosion...No attack EVs and an attack-reducing nature means you won't be doing a lot of damage to anything.

Quick Attack is absoltely useless on Scizor now that it has Bullet Punch. A boosted Bullet Punch does something like 80% to Infernape iirc, and you're hitting almost everything neutrally. Add one of your bug STABs: U-turn for scouting, or X-scissor if you just want the extra power without the chance to scout.

Scarfing Gengar will solve your horrid DD Mence and Gyra weak, as well as a little insurance against other sweepers. I'm sure there's other stuff that I'm not seeing, so I may come back.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    My team at a Glance:
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team

My OU Team

Blissey
    Nature: Calm
    Item: Leftovers
    EV: 40 hp/ 252 def/ 216 sp.def
    -Aromatherapy / Wish
    -Flamethrower
    -Toxic
    -Softboiled

I really don't like the use of Aromatherapy, since it gives the opponent a free turn to switch or boost; but meh, you could keep it I guess. Flamethrower + Toxic is pretty much unresisted except by Heatran, which completely is immune to it.

My OU Team

Umbreon
    Nature: Careful
    Item: Leftovers
    EV: 252 HP/ 92 Sp.Def/ 164 Spd
    -Mean look
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Baton Pass

2 Toxic users is pretty much ehh... Try giving Blissey Thunder Wave or get rid of one of the toxic. I'd get rid of it for a Revenge Killer or something.

My OU Team

Salamence
    Nature: Naughty
    Item: Life Orb
    EV: 252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spd
    -Dragon dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -stone edge Fire Blast

Fire Blast is pretty much needed to remove Skarmory / Bronzong, which will pretty much wall you if you don't.

My OU Team

Metagross
    Nature: Adamant
    item: Occa Berry
    evs: 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 def
    -Meteor mash / Bullet Punch
    -Earthquake / Bullet Punch
    -Explosion
    -Stealth Rock

Good, but I recommend replacing Meteor Mash / Earthquake with Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt with Stealth Rock, give it an Occa Berry, 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe EV spread and use it as a lead.

My OU Team

Gengar
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Choice Scarf
    EV: 252 sp.atk/ 252 spd/ 4 def
    -Hidden Power Fire
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball

Will-o-wisp could work, but once the opponent knows that the Gengar's scarfed, they will most likely get a high chance of getting a free turn. Also, HP Fire is pretty much needed, or CBScizor will just switch in and OHKO you with BP or Pursuit. Thunderbolt's pretty much needed to kill Gyarados, since you don't have a particularly outstanding counter for it.

My OU Team

Scizor
    Ability: Technician
    Nature Adamant
    item: Choice Band
    EV: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Superpower
    -U-Turn

Standard CB Scizor, SD Scizor isn't really that great compared to it imo.It also kills hecka lot of threats with its Technician-boosted BP and Pursuit. Superpower over Brick Break since you're gonna keep switching out anyways.

Changes in bold:

ScarfTran, DDGyara, CBScizor and DDTar will most likely screw you over, and you don't have any Stealth Rock at all, which will cost you some OHKO or 2HKOs. I'd just make this team an offensive team, and replace Blissey and Umbreon for other Pokemons.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    ^ Above poster, giving Scizor a CB isn't going to help that much. 3 Choice users gives the opponent more opportunity to come in when you're locked in and set-up and CB Scizor isn't better then SD Scizor, they do different things :/

Don't lead with Blissey, you're not going to achieve much. Switch Metagross over to this set and lead with it, you can do much more with a proper lead =)

Metagross @ Leftovers / Ooca Berry
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet Punch / Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion

Put a LO on that Mence, grants you way more power and generally more useful then Lum Berry. Also Fire Fang >>> Stone Edge, with it you can actually hurt Bronzong and Skarmory. Smashes them both for a 2HKO after a DD.

That Blissey set is a little iffy. Try this one.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Nature : Calm
    EV : 252 Def / 80 SpAtk / 176 SpD
    - Flamethrower / Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled / Wish
    - Seismic Toss / Protect

Just some thoughts.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Umbreon: Chople Berry would be nice over Enigma Berry so you can survive a Close Combat from CB Heracross, etc, and then Baton Pass to Salamence (which is good because Salamence can use most of the Pokemon Umbreon lure in as set-up fodder).

Salamence: Instead of using Lum Berry because of Item Clause, try Yache Berry. It lets you survive an Ice Beam from Porygon2, and KO. Like Aura said, you already outrun majority of the status users and KO most of them.

Scizor: Use 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Speed, it allows 11 uses of Life Orb, and you outrun max Speed Adamant Tyranitar. Try Superpower over Brick Break, you can OHKO Magnezone on the switch, where as Brick Break fails to do so. Superpower is still more powerful than Brick Break after the Attack drop, so it is worth considering.

I don't really see what Blissey is doing for this team other than walling special threats. I think something more useful could go in its slot in my opinion.

Years
    on your blissey I would make it a wish bliss protect wish flamethrower and toxic. she can be a huge pain to beat if used right as well as stall out to use toxic to its full potential. As for gengar deffinatly use hidden power ice over wow for the dragons. That is a ohko on all dragons but kingdra and giratina

Years
    I think the Bullet Punch suits metagross better since its a priority move. and ice beam is better for blissey cus of the constant presence of dragons. I personally wouldve picked seismic toss for it since it damage 100 each time, regardless. unles they're ghost.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Blissey should be:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 Def / 176 Sp. Def / 40 Sp. Att / 40 HP
    Wish
    Protect
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

or

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Softboiled
    Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    Seismic Toss/Flamethrower

Umbreon and Blissey is redundant. Also Chople Berry is just meh, run Lefties.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Blissey should be:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Wish
    Protect
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

or

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Softboiled
    Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    Seismic Toss/Flamethrower

Umbreon and Blissey is redundant. Also Chople Berry is just meh, run Lefties.

Can you explain why the set should be like that?

A lot of raters around here don't even explain why someone should use a set, and ever hear of custom sets? Stop copying from smogon, kids.

Reminds me a lot of Newage.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]A lot of raters around here don't even explain why someone should use a set, and ever hear of custom sets? Stop copying from smogon, kids.

Reminds me a lot of Newage.[/jq]
    Why do people use them? Because they work. Why are they used on Shoddy majority of the time? Because they work. Why are we suggesting him to use it over his set? Because it's better. Of course, not everyone is going to have a custom set for every single Pokemon (unless they have been working on making custom sets for a while) because we have a life.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can you explain why the set should be like that?

A lot of raters around here don't even explain why someone should use a set, and ever hear of custom sets? Stop copying from smogon, kids.

Reminds me a lot of Newage.

But why would you use a custom set for Blissey when the above ones have been proven to work ? :/

Please dont make me rant about how being original doesnt neccessarily make you better/suck less. ~_~

ever hear of custom sets? Stop copying from smogon, kids.

See, why shouldnt he copy smogon ? Its a resource and is there for a reason because the set work best, compiled. Obviously there are a few exeptions and personal preferences. Though i do agree that he should of explained the sets he gave, but "stop copying smogon" is way too broad of a statement and frankly doesnt really help either.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Sorry, it just pisses me off when people randomly suggest sets and don't even explain them, even if they're the most standard things off of smogon.

BTW, actually original sets can be better if they're actually being made to improve the pokemon and using evs you only need to outspeed/do only the amount of damage thats needed to unlike standard 252 / 252 / 4 sets.

Have you heard of kingdrom/Rhys/Blue ace? didn't think so.

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Is A ******
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Well, Smogon's spreads arent bad, they could just be tweaked and/or changed to fit a team or the role of the pokemon better. Its not a set rule we have to use Smogon, and Smogon sets dont always work as good as some people's customs.

And the sets dont make you more skilled or anything, thats 'frikking' stupid.

Another thing that goes right along with originality is the element of surprise, which wins more battles that im sure your sorry 'lets be slave of Smogon' theory has it. Im not talking about originality that stems from noobs, ie. 'Hyper beam is strong, so lets put it on my special sweeper.' Im talking about subtle things that make a diffrence in the long run, like jump points and Leftovers points and even using UUs in OU in order to establish a clear check to a really problematic threat, for example how Slowbro can check Machamp because of his resistance to most of his moves and the fact that he cant be confused.

So im sorry but you cant always argue Smogon is the only way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Have you heard of kingdrom/Rhys/Blue ace? didn't think so.

Yep, both the latter two are members here.

And @ above poster, I dont think anyone was arguing that using smogon was the only way.

But yeah, guys can we please keep to the topic on hand ? That being fixing the guys team. Sure if you want to post a seperate discussion thread for this, please feel free to however. (b'-')b

Back