• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Diamond Team

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    OK. That list does not really help me Madistra. You havnt even said why I should have these attacks, and you havnt put down all my pokemon there.

As for as reply to brotlov.

Haunter is good against Spiritomb?
    Empoleon's Grass Knot against Gastrodon and Milotic?
    Staraptor should own Lucario?
    Now I would have said using flamethrower to hit the Roserade nicley but seems I cant find any in the deperatment store. Just Fire Blast. I supppose I'll have to make do.

And a water attack against Garchomp?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    OK. That list does not really help me Madistra. You havnt even said why I should have these attacks, and you havnt put down all my pokemon there.

Now I would have said using flamethrower to hit the Roserade nicley but seems I cant find any in the deperatment store. Just Fire Blast. I supppose I'll have to make do.

Depends upon you're choice of attacks
    yeah, both those pokemon are pretty heavy
    no no no, Lucario is part steel, so unless your staraptor knows Brave Bird, use him for Spiritomb
    Look in the Item Guide to where you find Flamethrower
    Ice Beam on Garchomp, x4 weakness to it, instant OHKO

Years
  • OK. That list does not really help me Madistra. You havnt even said why I should have these attacks, and you havnt put down all my pokemon there.

Empoleon:
    Drill Peck + Grass/Bug/Fight Type = Fainted Grass Type
    Surf + Fire/Ground/Rock Type = Fainted Fire/Ground/Rock Type
    Ice Beam + Dragon/Grass/Ground/Flying Type = Fainted Dragon/Grass/Ground/Flying Type

Is that what you want?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Well look. As you should know I didnt learn Drill Peck and I dont have Ice Beam so theres no help. And I do know effectiveness you know.

dtex9002

Once-Retired Trainer
    Years
  • Btw, the flamethrower TM is purchased at the Veilstone Game Corner.

Oh, don't use your Haunter against her Spiritomb unless you know you can knock it out in two or so moves. Her Spiritomb knows Embargo, Ominous Wind, Psychic, and I think Dark Pulse. All those offensive moves will pretty much tear your Haunter apart unless you can beat her to the chase. I'd go with Dialga, as it has resistances to those attacks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    OK. For the next week or two im focusing on training Staraptor, Empoleon, and Dialga also whoever I can teach Flame Wheel to.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    No Earthquake for me either. Also if theres any pokemon that I can hit hard with grass. I have one grass attack.

Earthquake is the most common Ground type move. I don't see how anybody would not want it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Yeah, earthquake has 100 base power, so it is the best ground-type move to use, also, use your Haunter on her Roserade, being part-poisen all of her moves will be not very Effective, so this is what you want to do:

Spiritomb: Satraptor
    Milotic, Gastrdon, Garchomp(if possible all 3): Empoleon
    Roserade: Haunter
    Lucario: Dialga or Graveler, 1 earthquake and he's gone

so that's a good match-up, you could try and slot Dialga in anywhere really, i'd use him for Lucario though

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, earthquake has 100 base power, so it is the best ground-type move to use, also, use your Haunter on her Roserade, being part-poisen all of her moves will be not very Effective, so this is what you want to do:

Spiritomb: Satraptor
    Milotic, Gastrdon, Garchomp(if possible all 3): Empoleon
    Roserade: Haunter
    Lucario: Dialga or Graveler, 1 earthquake and he's goneso that's a good match-up, you could try and slot Dialga in anywhere really, i'd use him for Lucario though

Correction: Fire Blast from Garchomp, will OHKO him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Shouldn't Staraptor KO Lucario because Staraptors is flying and Lucario is Fighting?

Also the reason "Mr Smarty Pants" why I didnt learn Earthquake is because I already had magnitude, didnt think it would be much better and I seemed to like all my other moves.

Years
  • Shouldn't Staraptor KO Lucario because Staraptors is flying and Lucario is Fighting?

Also the reason "Mr Smarty Pants" why I didnt learn Earthquake is because I already had magnitude, didnt think it would be much better and I seemed to like all my other moves.

Unless Staraptor knows Close Combat it will struggle against Lucario as its part steel-type.

And you should have learned Earthquake.

Now for facing Cynthia.

For Spiritomb I used a Pokemon with high attack and wouldn't be bad against it. I used my Gyarados which eventually defeated it

For Roserade I killed it in one shot with Infernape's Flare Blitz

Gastrodon was quite hard as I didn't have a grass-type in my team. I think I used Dialga against it, but I'm not too sure.

Lucario was also hard to defeat as I sent out Golem, only to be killed with Earthquake. I think my Infernape was faster and beat it with Flare Blitz.

Milotic was fairly easy as it went down by Luxray

Garchomp was by far her best Pokemon, and it took me Gyarados and Dialga to beat it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Well seeing that this Earthquake was a big mistake, i caught anOTHER Graveller that knew it. Im training it up.

OK. Staraptor knows Close Combat.. I htink. Once I defeat Mr Bronzong I'll post up my team.

Will my Dialga's Fire Blast KO Roserade?
    Dialga should also be good against Spiritomb?
    Empoleon will need to face up against Gastrodon with Grass Knot.
    Yeh Lucario, will have to be cautious against him.
    Again Empoleon for Garchomp?
    Also Empoleon again against Milotic with Grass Knot?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well seeing that this Earthquake was a big mistake, i caught anOTHER Graveller that knew it. Im training it up.

OK. Staraptor knows Close Combat.. I htink. Once I defeat Mr Bronzong I'll post up my team.

If it has Modest Nature, And even without it Roserade will be OHKo'ed and will say "Sorry for for causing you so much trouble I will go to the afterlife now". (Not literally).

Years
  • Well seeing that this Earthquake was a big mistake, i caught anOTHER Graveller that knew it. Im training it up.

I would have caught a low level Geodude, rather than capturing a high level Graveler

You do know that Close Combat will only do normal damage to Bronzong as it's part psychic-tpye will cover up the steel-type?

As long as it hits and your sp. atk is high enough, Fire Blast should KO Roserade.

Empoleon would be a decent choice with Gastrodon as it will have a resistance to water attacks too. However if Gastrodon uses a ground move (can't remember if it did or not) then watch out.

Empoleon against Garchomp is risky. Garchomp will easily out-run Empoleon and as it knows Earthquake, will deal a huge blow to Empoleon's HP, if not it'll KO it. I used Gyarados with Ice Fang and then Dialga with Ice Beam to take down Garchomp. You'll definitely need a decent ice type move to beat it.

Empoleon against Milotic I'm not so sure. Grass Knot would be good but again Milotic will be faster.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    OK. Hey I have Avalanche, this should help huh? No im not going to use Close Combat on Bronzong. Its Fire Blast I need to use on it. I was gonna use CC on Lucario. I still have to check if i have CC.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    OK. Hey I have Avalanche, this should help huh? No im not going to use Close Combat on Bronzong. Its Fire Blast I need to use on it. I was gonna use CC on Lucario. I still have to check if i have CC.

Um. No,

Empoleon @:Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    Modest Nature
    Agility
    Grass Knot
    Surf
    Ice Beam. Agility speed's it up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    With all the changes he made, with a few more improvements, It's better then all right.

Oh thank you very much. Haha. So, Avalanche aint gonna help.. at all? Or is it just not as good as Ice Beam. Will Empoleon naturally learn it and also my Empoleon hasnt naturally learnt Agility either.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • Breed it then it's an egg move!
    maybe you could try to get a better nature as well but if your to lazy to breed then maybe you could use the moves I gave you

Back