• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"My Pokemon Died!" ....No you moron, he FAINTED

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    No matter what game i play, whether i faint, fall of the course *coughmariokartcough* or something else, i always say that i died. Im not too sure why. Its just easier i guess.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I think to myself "oh it's dead - okay let's move on!" usually when they fainted, because it's some kind of a habit I guess.

FlamingThunder

Years
    I use both. I use "fainted" if I feel like to and "dead" if I feel like to. When I battle a trainer, Cynthia for example; I say things like, "Yes! Garchomp died!" and "I'm going to kill your Roserade! lol

Years
    I never say "hes out"
    I rarely say "he fainted"
    I usually say "he died"
    My Pokemon is dead guys, mourn with me...until we find a PokeCenter! :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Because of my Nuzlocke Syndrome I always say that my Pokemon is dead, even if it is a normal playthrough. I don't know why It's just automatic, kinda like how some Pokemon players press random buttons when trying to catch a Pokemon. For me it's easier to say, "No! you killed my ___" then to say "Why did you have to faint it!" even if it isn't logical. Plus I mainly play Pokemon around my Brazilian friends so it's much easier to say "Morreu" (2 Syllables) then to so "Desmaiado" (4 Syllables)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm never usually playing Pokemon around people so I don't say anything, but when I do I say died - it's just what you say, it's like videogame terminology.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I usually say "oh he's dead" or "oh he's out" or something. Fainted is two syllables and requires effort to say.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do, too. I know that they're really fainted, but it's just too much effort for me to say, so I'll just say they're dead. People know what I mean, haha.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i normally say he died. "my pokemon died" or something along that line. i dont say fainted just because it is more effort to say.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Technically, I know they just fainted, but I usually say they died.

I treat them like lives in Sonic game, or something. >_>

"Whoops, died! STILL GOT FIVE MOAR." /shot

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I say fainted. Although when I first started playing as a wee tike of like seven I would say "died" or "fainted" interchangeably.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
    I say die.
    Even when theres noone around, Most of my friends are inanimate objects.
    ~Rura wa Arseusu

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I use both. But most of the time I say dead. But I almost always use dead to describe my opponent's Pokemon, especially if it got destroyed in one hit.

Psysaturn

Saturn: 2365 5097 2444
    Years
    I pretty much always say "dead". No idea why. Well, actually, its probably due to all the other games where your toon does die.

Back