• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My recolors and stuff

How am i doing

• Good

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Not bad, but not good either..

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Owww my poor eyes!

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Revamps:
    My recolors and stuff
    My recolors and stuff
    My recolors and stuff
    Just, really quickly (I'll C+C some of your other sprites later), these aren't revamps. Revamps aren't just recolors. You actually have to fix the shading, too, which I see no indication of having been done in these sprites.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Okay i say it i never take more than 15 minutes working at fusemon :P thats the honest truth i say but today i was really lazy about recoloring outlines (Rayoxys)

My recolors and stuff

Rayoxys (then again i tried to use the body of deoxys but is was smaller than rayquaza's belly so i had to edit that thingy (then i saw the defence forme and thought: i'd better had used that belly..) :s)

You combined the 2 coolest poke mon and made them even more awesome d(-_-)b

here my first ow's ;)

My recolors and stuff
    these are my favourite pokemons

and now my first glowing pokemon ^^
    My recolors and stuff

Wow your OW's are awesome ever consider making mor e though becuase to me these are just plain awesome

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    I've gotta admit, Rayoxys was pretty damn awesome.

^^

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    tou should make an option that says "why aren't you working for nintendo?"

Serouisly inlove with the OW sprites

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Aren't those overworlds just edited MD sprites?
    Well, even if they aren't, there in the wrong style for most standard overworlds.

The shading is different, too many colors are used, too much black in the outlines, and the colors are too bright. Most overworlds have kind of a subdued look, instead of bright colors.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Aren't those overworlds just edited MD sprites?
    Well, even if they aren't, there in the wrong style for most standard overworlds.

The shading is different, too many colors are used, too much black in the outlines, and the colors are too bright. Most overworlds have kind of a subdued look, instead of bright colors.
    yeah they are from PMD i should have done more with it D:

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • Ok; I havent been here for a month or something, but, You're improving at a steady pace, but I've noticed that many of your sprites have areas where it doesnt blend in nicely.

An example is your Snorlax/Piplup fusion.

The Shading isnt that good for a fusion - Know that since you are fusing them, you can also switch where the light is from and everything. Use that to your advantage, and remember that different colours look different and different amount of shades is needed. For dark colours, you may need less shading, same for a very pale colour, but for a bright blue, you need to see that you either need more colors, or need to pick a colour "set" from a different pokemon/make your own.

Take care when removing/mixing items - Ok, thats the most important bit, What I used to do (when i sprited) was that if I was putting a different head on a pokemon, I'd just select the head from the other pokemon, and place it on the Fusion pokemon and just place it in the right area and rub off the useless bits from its old head. This isnt too effective for fusions of heaps and heaps of different pokemon, but it still works good.

After finishing your work, leave them there and look at them later on - You need to forget the work you put into it and look at it from a critics point of view. Whats wrong. Whats good. Are there other areas you can implement the technique you used into? (Of course, dont think about it, it should just pass your mind while you're looking at it ;))

iBlade

~Spriter~
    Years
  • However.. that pikalord :) lol no one of my friends that saw it first didn't laugh about it :x
    that makes it special, he's funny ^^ (yes it's a HE! because a SHE it's tail should look a bit diffrent)

And now: a fusions of all cute legends from all gen's ^^ here (he/she) comes
    My recolors and stuff

Shaymelechi
    (stupid name) hahaha looks like a super hero with that twin-cape XD

Yeah i like this sprite .. and I like your scizor fusions .. and the revamp of scizor keep up your work ..

iBlade

~Spriter~
    Years
  • I think it looks good .. hmm but something with the outlines isn't ok .. I don't know what but something .. hmm

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    i made my first ever devamp i know it's bad and looks more like recolored here it is:
    My recolors and stuff

Constructive critism please ^^
    Not a devamp. Again, you have to do more than just recolor the sprites to call them revamps/devamps. You have to fix the shading so that it would have been suitable for the generation the sprite was revamped/devamped to.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • i devamped it for blue anyway *takes deep breath* i already said it was bad and that it more looks recolored.. anyway i still can do something with this critism ;) and it was my FIRST devamp..

anyway new revamp
    My recolors and stuff

i hope this one is good..

Last edited:
    Back