• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My Ruby Version Battery's been stuffing up? Should I replace it?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    Hello. :)

So, my issue is, I decided to play Pokemon Ruby, and, when I had opened the game, it said my battery had ran dry. However, later on in the day, the battery seemed to be fine, and didn't display the dead internal battery message?

Does anyone have any clue what's going on? Maybe when the GBA SP was in my bag, the battery moved around a bit, but I just wanted to know whether it should be a better idea for me to keep the battery in, or replace it. Recently, I've been shiny hunting Mudkip on the same game, so it's vital the battery works for me.

Thankyou in advance. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If it's important that the internal battery be consistently functioning for you, it'd probably be better to replace it (assuming it's not a hassle to find and swap in an inexpensive new one). If it's the cartridge's original battery or one that hasn't been replaced in a long time, it's likely at the end of its life and won't last much longer anyway. If it's a newer battery then idk what the deal is or what you should do.

Years
    If you're soft resetting and the battery is dry then I believe you will keep getting the same IVs and natures per set frame each time like in Emerald. If you're shiny hunting, I would replace the battery.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    Just for clarification, yes, I have replaced the battery before, and I might change it anyway, I figured out last night that my clock was like 20 hours behind on the game, and that natures such as Adamant were recurring too often for the starter, so I'm gonna change it, thanks for the help everyone! :)

Back