• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites

Dhjona

Spriter
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Panthigris is my favourite so far, I think it's something about the pose that does it for me. I'm glad you changed Ferrex, he was so plain before and had the obvious head of Aggron, and now it looks so much better! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, i'm glad i changed Ferrex too, as you said, it doesn't look like a fusion anymore (which it now isn't).

Grrrr, you stole my idea for a panda line :D Your spriting is fantastic and I can see how much you've improved. I remember looking at this thread a while back, it's great to see you still spriting. For pkmn-taicho321's concept, trying making the head a wee bit bigger and using a lighter shade around the eye. It seems to be a bit squashed and the eye doesn't fit with the rest of the sprite. IT looks great though, I love it.

Thank you for the praise and that you saw that I improved (for the fact: I now get payed to make sprites).

And thnx for your crit. I redid the concept of taicho, because there were a lot of proportions in the last one. And because it turned out there was a finished design. -.-' So i made that one. I hope you like it now too. ^^

voltera.png

Rates would be fine.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I give voltera his old colours back.
    voltera.png

which one is better?

And his pre-evo, Amperi.
    amperi.png

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I think I like the first one better. It doesn't look as plain.
    Amperi's neck seems a little too straight, in my opinion. Maybe add a little more curve?

Years
  • I give voltera his old colours back.
    voltera.png

which one is better?
    I think it needs the extra yellow along the arms. It gives them a sort of outline that's easier to follow with the eye. Having the body be mostly blue and teal and then having the head be yellow seems less... whole? The yellow on the arms shows you that they belong to the same creature as the head does. It's a nice shade of teal though. Perhaps you could leave the wings or legs that color. There's an awful lot of blue.

And his pre-evo, Amperi.
    amperi.png
    It's a little unfortunate that the one arm looks a little like it's coming out from the below the head since you can't see the rest of the arm. The jaw and the arm seem to have an overlapping outline so it gets a little confusing there, I think.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I think it needs the extra yellow along the arms. It gives them a sort of outline that's easier to follow with the eye. Having the body be mostly blue and teal and then having the head be yellow seems less... whole? The yellow on the arms shows you that they belong to the same creature as the head does. It's a nice shade of teal though. Perhaps you could leave the wings or legs that color. There's an awful lot of blue.

It's a little unfortunate that the one arm looks a little like it's coming out from the below the head since you can't see the rest of the arm. The jaw and the arm seem to have an overlapping outline so it gets a little confusing there, I think.

Thanks for your helpfull crit Scarf. ^^ I turned your crit into improved sprites. ;)

Here are they. I hope you like them both.
    Voltera6056764033-iaza.gif

Amperi3017027673-iaza.gif

rates?

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Here's a new sprite. Credits to pkmn-taicho321 for his design.
    eltruteas.png

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Here's a new sprite. Credits to pkmn-taicho321 for his design.
    eltruteas.png

The pose looks nice. Unfortunately, his mouth looks a little off center... the top "lip" is to strait for the angle of the head, and the positioning is a bit to over to the right... in my opinion anyways ^^

I like the way you shaded the opening into the "shell" though, very creative...

Keep up the hard work! You're really becoming an amazing spriter! Just some minor anatomy and pose issues plague your sprites... otherwise the shading looks good (seeing you have you own individual style)!

Keep Spriting!

Years

• It's left fin looks a little flat in my opinion, I think you should remove some shading close to it's tip. I very much liked how you made it obvious that the spikes are coming out of it's back and not the shell. I think you could fix the tail a bit more it turns me off after looking at the detail of it's body,shell,head etc. The yellow tail looks flat. You could change the darkish-black yellow outline to a black outline and add a dark yellow at the beginning of it, you could remove the highlight on the tail as well.

I love your style, and absolutely love how clean that shell is shaded. Keep spriting.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • It's left fin looks a little flat in my opinion, I think you should remove some shading close to it's tip. I very much liked how you made it obvious that the spikes are coming out of it's back and not the shell. I think you could fix the tail a bit more it turns me off after looking at the detail of it's body,shell,head etc. The yellow tail looks flat. You could change the darkish-black yellow outline to a black outline and add a dark yellow at the beginning of it, you could remove the highlight on the tail as well.

I love your style, and absolutely love how clean that shell is shaded. Keep spriting.

in regards to the fin, i actually thought i looked more angled up... hmm... lol

but i do agree with the tail, it lacks dimensionality... it looks like a snorlax sat on it... ^^

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks for your crit guys. I'm gonna change the turtle later. ;)

You all remember Dragonice right? Well he changed, got tougher and bigger, and he got a new look. And from now on his name is Agondrais.
    dragonice.png

rates?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Okay then! So make some sprites and show me these. Oh and, do you agree that i will fix your sprites sometimes? If they would need that.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • I thought you would be much more enthusiastic. :P I will fix the minor proportions.

there are quite a few proportion problems with him. I think for him, the dot double dot dot double dot routine will look bad...other wise it looks good. work on those proportions!

Years
  • New sprite.
    Sargnoil9891370979-iaza.gif

comments/rates/crit would be appreciated.
    The tails look great and so do the paws, but it's a little unfortunate that three of the paws are partially overlapping since you can't see parts of them and it could have had a much more dramatic pose. (I guess that's just wishful thinking.) I like the colors you chose as well. Nice shades of green, but not too much of it and some other colors to balance it out.

Something in the face looks off to me. I'm not sure if it's the branches or the eye or what, but it looks... cluttered? I wish I could put my finger on it.

Back