• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites

Dhjona

Spriter
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Well i have the wip of the evo of Squark: Squibin.
    My Sprites

I have to do the outline, some shading and have to reshade the tail, because it looks like rubbish now. I know it looks not very good because of the outline and stuff but that's logical and it will look a lot better when finished, but just wanted to give you the impression of how it wil look like eventually.

rates?

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    And Squibin is finished.
    My Sprites

Credits to Kamuchi for the concept.

rates?

Years
  • Why does your fakemon called Syphonia, look like a recolour of scarf's fakemon?
    My Sprites

It looks like you just recoloured it, and changed a few tiny details.
    Why does no one tell me my sprites are being hijacked? No, I can see it wasn't taken from mine (or if it was it was very heavily modified) but I am curious as how you ended up with a similar design and pose. Was yours based on anything? I got mine from a drawing someone gave me.

And while I'm here I may as well give a small critique. Some of your sprites could use work on how the borders are shaded, like on your Tropius evo/prevo/whatever. The tail has a dark border on the right, but the body doesn't have a similar dark border and some of the leaves have more of a border than others. Same deal with your Symphonia and Dragonice. It makes them have different levels of contrast and that makes them look unfinished and inconsistent.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Why does no one tell me my sprites are being hijacked? No, I can see it wasn't taken from mine (or if it was it was very heavily modified) but I am curious as how you ended up with a similar design and pose. Was yours based on anything? I got mine from a drawing someone gave me.
    I drawed it by myself. And made a sprite of it. So it's a 100% own design by me. ^^ It's in my Art topic. But no one replied to it.

And while I'm here I may as well give a small critique. Some of your sprites could use work on how the borders are shaded, like on your Tropius evo/prevo/whatever. The tail has a dark border on the right, but the body doesn't have a similar dark border and some of the leaves have more of a border than others. Same deal with your Symphonia and Dragonice. It makes them have different levels of contrast and that makes them look unfinished and inconsistent.
    I was going to revamp the one you mentioned, so it will get fixed.

Years
  • Nice Fakemon.

And Squibin is finished.
    My Sprites

rates?

I like it. I give 9/10. I think it is Dark/Fire type. It would be better if you make a Pre Evo. Form it. Why don't you place it to your fakedex and othere that you make before. Why don't you make a Dragon/Dark type Fakemon. Good luck

Last edited:

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I like it. I give 9/10. I think it is Dark/Fire type. It would be better if you make a Pre Evo. Form it. Why don't you place it to your fakedex and othere that you make before. Why don't you make a Dragon/Dark type Fakemon. Good luck

Thanx. There all ready is a pre evo. Squibin is the evo of Squark. ^^ And I was going to add it to my fakedex, but first wanted to finish the lugia. ;)

Bichu

←Onigiri(Rice ball) Pichu
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Aug 12, 2018
    Your sprites look kind pro to me. XD I'm jealous...

I especially like your reposes. <3 ;_;

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • And Squibin is finished.
    My Sprites

rates?
    This is cool. The shading on the chest is a bit weird but it's cool. You're improving!
    A WIP of a repose of Lugia.
    My Sprites

rates?
    What the...
    Am I the only one that thinks that you shrinked its head?
    I'm waiting for the final version, so that I can tell comment on it precisely.

Last edited:

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    What the...
    Am I the only one that thinks that you shrinked its head?
    I'm waiting for the final version, so that I can tell comment on it precisely.

I know his head is too small. I'm working on it. ^^

all the others, thank you for the praises.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I do like a lot of your sprites even though they a splices.
    Squibin is awesome but doesnt really look like its pre-evo at all.

Only two are splices (dragonice and ferrex). Well, they have some parts of other pokemon (Dragonice has only the mouth) . ^^

And Squibin his the evo of Squark not it's pre-evo. ^^

The Lugia is finished. It took so long because i was busy and had no time to sprite.
    My Sprites

rates?

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Here is a dex-update. De numbers 1 and 2 are now Nafda and Pandisah. And I changed Ferrex.
    My Sprites

Rates on Ferrex (or other fakes)?

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I present you.. Shogundah, the final evo of my grass-starter. :) :D
    My Sprites

rates?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Only two are splices (dragonice and ferrex). Well, they have some parts of other pokemon (Dragonice has only the mouth) . ^^

And Squibin his the evo of Squark not it's pre-evo. ^^

The Lugia is finished. It took so long because i was busy and had no time to sprite.
    My Sprites

rates?

Its head looks a bit weird, but overall, s'okay.

As for the panda evolution, that is total heart <3 except it looks way too similar to its 2nd stage :s maybe give it some marking distinction or something? It just looks like you added some green and changed its stance.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Its head looks a bit weird, but overall, s'okay.

As for the panda evolution, that is total heart <3 except it looks way too similar to its 2nd stage :s maybe give it some marking distinction or something? It just looks like you added some green and changed its stance.

Well, i don't completely agree on that one (about Shogundah). But I'll see what i can for you. ;) ^^

More rates (on Shogundah)?

Demonic Puppeteer

Got lost on the road of life
    Years
  • it looks way too similar to its 2nd stage :s maybe give it some marking distinction or something? It just looks like you added some green and changed its stance.

I gotta agree with you. The arms are covered with bamboo, but because of the outling (which is way to bright, tbh) you can't see it that good. Maybe it looks better if you made the outlining on the bamboo a bit darker. That's one of the few things in your fakes that doesn't please me.. The shading could be a bit darker as well.

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • Ah yes, I remember seeing these sprites before. I remember giving you crit when you were working on Afrontree and Treemar (which from memory, I don't think he was named yet). But you're making progress, and that's great. I really hope you keep up the good work. You're doing a great job.

Back