• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites

Dhjona

Spriter
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    The tails look great and so do the paws, but it's a little unfortunate that three of the paws are partially overlapping since you can't see parts of them and it could have had a much more dramatic pose. (I guess that's just wishful thinking.) I like the colors you chose as well. Nice shades of green, but not too much of it and some other colors to balance it out.

Something in the face looks off to me. I'm not sure if it's the branches or the eye or what, but it looks... cluttered? I wish I could put my finger on it.

Thanks for your, as always good, helpfull and honest, crit Scarf. ^^ I fixed some minor shade issues on Sargnoil, which you can view below in the latest dex update.

denthodex.png

Vermix is the newest.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    What about a ghost/electric? Like a demon thing. He's like a huge golem with electric eyes... Just an idea
    And change condarawks name lol, make it like hawtricor or something

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
    Years
  • I have to tell you that these are completely amazing and whnever I look at one of these I gulp and wonder whatever put these together!!!!!
    AMAZING WORK Dhjona!!!!! :):):):)

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    What about a ghost/electric? Like a demon thing. He's like a huge golem with electric eyes... Just an idea
    And change condarawks name lol, make it like hawtricor or something
    Hmm..you have to be more specific and come with examples. What's wrong with the name? ^^

I have to tell you that these are completely amazing and whnever I look at one of these I gulp and wonder whatever put these together!!!!!
    AMAZING WORK Dhjona!!!!! :):):):)

I'm glad you like thes so much. ^^

New one.
    foryilx.png

Credits to Yilx for the concept.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Bump!

Finally had the time to sprite again. Here is a wip of a Dragon that is made for a game.
    dragonwip.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Overall the sprite feels a little scrawny. I'll begin by stating that for a dragon to support wings of this size, it would need a more stocky body. Firstly, the tail also feels quite straight compared to what it should be. A tail like this should be quite curved rather than erect. Contrast it with the neck, which is how evident it should be when you curl it, I would recommend curing it around the anatomy a little bit to add more depth to the sprite but that's your choice. The head also feels rather small, possibly due to the fact that the neck doesn't offer much support for it. You should build the neck up and make it a little wider as it comes towards the head. You should make the breast area of the sprite push a little forward as it feels a little condensed. Same goes for the lower part of the body towards the hind legs, on the bottom, it should be a little less skinny, again, there needs to be support for the thighs here. Which also could be made larger to make it look more stocky. The leg which is being lifted at the front also has too many straight angles, try making it more curved also. The scaled on the front of the neck also look a little messy, I would recommend making those more symmetrical.

The wings are my favourite part of the line art, however you need to just think about how the body is going to support it. Overall it needs to be more stocky and less angular. You could do something more interesting with the face also, it seems to lack expression.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Overall the sprite feels a little scrawny. I'll begin by stating that for a dragon to support wings of this size, it would need a more stocky body. Firstly, the tail also feels quite straight compared to what it should be. A tail like this should be quite curved rather than erect. Contrast it with the neck, which is how evident it should be when you curl it, I would recommend curing it around the anatomy a little bit to add more depth to the sprite but that's your choice. The head also feels rather small, possibly due to the fact that the neck doesn't offer much support for it. You should build the neck up and make it a little wider as it comes towards the head. You should make the breast area of the sprite push a little forward as it feels a little condensed. Same goes for the lower part of the body towards the hind legs, on the bottom, it should be a little less skinny, again, there needs to be support for the thighs here. Which also could be made larger to make it look more stocky. The leg which is being lifted at the front also has too many straight angles, try making it more curved also. The scaled on the front of the neck also look a little messy, I would recommend making those more symmetrical.

The wings are my favourite part of the line art, however you need to just think about how the body is going to support it. Overall it needs to be more stocky and less angular. You could do something more interesting with the face also, it seems to lack expression.

Thanks for your eloborate crit. I made the breast area push a little forward, made body muscular, and fixed the issue of the neck giving not much support for the head. Hope you like it now. ^^

Well an update off the dragon epic:
    gondrare.png

Things I have to do:
    - The whole outline
    - Some details
    - Some shading

What do you think of the colours?

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    These are great. Ferrex has some structural errors, but other than that you're really good.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    These are great. Ferrex has some structural errors, but other than that you're really good.

Are you refering to the dex in the first post? That one is very old. ^^ Ferrex improved a long time ago. I will edit the first post with the new updated dex as soon as possible. For now.. you can view it on page 5.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    The front belly scales could mabye use a different color outline for the part facing the light.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • It looks pretty cool. You put a lot of fine detail in it. And I like the pose of its face more than the WIP version.

I would darken the outline on the claws of its right (our left) hand.

Years
  • Thread is closed because it's approximately 2 - 3 months old, please do not revive month old threads. The owner needs to PM me if he/she wants to open/update the showcase.

Locked.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm totally digging both the design of the Dragonice Fakemon as well as the color of it. Bunneggi I like the color and the way that you did it but the Fakemon it's self looks like this bunny that use to haunt my dreams back when I was little (I'm being dead serious right now). I have a question , did you use Charizards head on the Dragonice?

:t354:TG

Back