• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Top 5 GBA Games

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    You know, I'm a moron. I'm a giant moron. I forgot my second favourite GBA game. So Alpha, I love you, but you gotta be bumped out.

2-

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Think about it, a giant, non-linear world to explore, plenty of bosses and 8 or 9 (I haven't played it in a while) magical, wonderful worlds to explore. Seriously, when I first played this, I was just mindlessly wandering and I was still having fun. I'm 12 now and I can plan a route and it's still so much fun. Sure, it doesn't have the depth that Superstar had or the outright and undeniable fun that was packed into The Crystal Shards, but this game is still 2D side-scrolling perfection packed into a five dollar cartridge. And there's UFO Kirby. And of course, the music we've come to expect from a Kirby game. Dream-like and lullabye-esque. Just beautiful. And of course this game is trying to be like the Four Swords. I never actually played this with 3 other people but I'm assuming it's crazy fun. In conclusion this game is awesome. It's right up there with Superstar.

Years
    Here are my favorites in no particular order.

-Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    -Riviera: The Promised Land
    -Mother 3
    -Tales of Phantasia
    -Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart

I would put Pokémon on here, but it should be a given (considering the board we're all on). Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance are close runner-ups.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    5; Advance Wars.

4; Metroid: Fusion

3; WarioWare: Twisted

2; Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

1; Golden Sun

Them. :D

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My Top 5

1. Pokemon ruby ^_^
    2. Donkey kong country 2
    3. Sonic advance 2
    4. Sonic advance 3
    5. Metroid: zero mission

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    To keep this thread both relevant and alive, I'll make a small list of honorable mentions:

Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario World
    Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario Bros. 3
    Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Sonic Advance
    Sonic Advance 2
    Sonic Advance 3
    Mega Man Zero 2 (I'm sorry, but the first one literally took me half an hour to beat)
    Mega Man Zero 3
    Mega Man Zero 4
    Mega Man Battle Network
    Mega Man Battle Network 2
    Mega Man Battle Network 3
    Mega Man Battle Network 4
    Mega Man Battle Network 5
    Mega Man Battle Network 6
    Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

I may add more as my memory comes back.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'd say:

Pokemon Emerald, if only for the first (and, IMO, best) Battle Frontier.
    Boktai, Haven't played 2, but 1 was very, very fun. It kept me entertained for ages.
    Megaman BN, Can't decide which one. 3 had the bonus dungeon, 4 had Duo (my personal favorite MM boss) and you could fight Roll/ normal Navis, 5 had liberation missions, and 6 had the best Japanese-only content of all time. OF ALL TIME! Somebody get me a Kanye pic.
    Megaman Zero 4, it's the only one I've played. :( I want a chain-sword.
    Sonic Battle, Emerl says it all.
    LoZ: Minish Cap. Good graphics, gameplay, puzzles, it's Zelda, etc....

I wasn't too well-traveled as far as GBA went, so yeah. Those were in no particular order.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Here's my best games:
    1. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Best Final Fantasy with 1 and 7)
    2. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (It's Kingdom Hearts)
    3. Wario Ware Inc. (Always playing this in school with my phone)
    4. Pokémon Fire Red & Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Best pokémon games on GBA)
    5. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Good game, better than Partners in Time)

There's still more good games but I guess these are best ones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    THIS THREAD RULES seriously, I forgot how much I <3 GBA. And the first post was hilarious.

Pokemon RSE.
    yeah, I'm gonna count it as one. Emerald's pretty much the best thing ever.

Drill Dozer.
    has this been mentioned here yet?! a platformer by Game Freak. fantastic gameplay and fantastic music. seriously, this is a pokemon forum, GET ON THIS AMAZING GAME FREAK GAME. second only to pokemon.

Bomberman Tournament
    pretty cool single player action-rpg, but the 4-player mode is really the best. lots of good memories with this one.

Mario Kart
    well, until I lost it. superior to MK64 I think.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
    never finished this, alas. but it was phenominal.

also: i have kirby and the amazing mirror but never gave it much of a chance. i kept ending up in the same places. if i could actually get somewhere i'd probably have it on this list.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    5 - Kirby Series
    4 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
    3 - Pokemon Leafgreen
    2 - Pokemon Red Mystery Dungeon
    1 - Mother 3 and Mother 1+2, the only games that would end all wars and revolutionize the world if everybody in the world played it. I'm not joking, this beats ALL games that was ever created in the world. It's even better than tic-tac-toe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    5 - Kirby Series
    4 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
    3 - Pokemon Leafgreen
    2 - Pokemon Red Mystery Dungeon
    1 - Mother 3 and Mother 1+2, the only games that would end all wars and revolutionize the world if everybody in the world played it. I'm not joking, this beats ALL games that was ever created in the world. It's even better than tic-tac-toe.

Mother's on GBA? Really? Or do you just have an import?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    My top 5 is:

~1. -Final Fantasy 1&2-
    ~2. -Castlevania: Circle of the Moon-
    ~3. -Tales of Phantasia-
    ~4. -Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories-
    ~5. -Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap-

Years
    5. Monster Rancher/Metroid Fusion - Both were brilliant games, Monster Rancher is worth taking a look at. It was quite different to most games and has rather impressive graphics.

4. Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories - Everyone knows about this now. I got it on release and it was well worth it. Considering my legit cart lags at some points, you can see how advanced it is.

3. Pokemon R/S/E - I don't know. Some stupid game. You've probably never heard of it. Worth a look.

2. Golden Sun (1 & 2) - Again, these are on everyone's lists. For a damn good reason. An intricate RPG combined with great puzzle-solving exploration.

1. Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - The unsung hero of the GBA. This is a strategy RPG not too unlike FF: Tactics, but far better. Alternate storylines, HUGE class customisation, a variety of weapons and Magic. GET IT.

Tonitonichopchop

Cottton candy lover
    Years
    You have great tastes in games. My top 5 are:

5) Pokemon Leafgreen: I'm a huge sucker for the classic remakes

4) Super Mario Bros. 3: This is the first Gba game I ever owned and I still love it

3) Yoshi's island: This is the kind of game you don't see to often. Something original

2) Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga: This game just reeks of epicness and is absolutly hilarious

1) Astro boy Omega factor: It's like smash bros. for the gba. The fight engine is great, the plot is even better, and it's insanely difficult. One of the lost gems of the gba.

I should probably expand my horizons beyond Mario but I usually play my ds now (Bowsers inside story is the best!)

Edit: How the hell did I forget Mother 3?!?! This is the best gba game, I'm just crazy today.

Back