• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Worst Nightmare

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • You've been up playing a game since early this morning, and it is now time for bed. You haven't saved yet, and the game crashes. What do you do?

(And to give this thread more longevity, what's your worst experience with game crashes/not saving/etc.)

NatureKeeper

Curse. All over the house. Curse. Thankfully, I wasn't exposed to that much evil yet.

My worst situation when I was an 8-year-old playing LeafGreen. I was one Struggle short of beating Gary Firetrucking Oak and then I ran out of charge. I wasn't physically able to rage around so much, but the moment was etched into my memory. The GBA SP's lines of pixels fading gradually to the screen.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Me? I feel disappointed with myself, take in a breath of fresh air, and I just start over again (from the last save area) - I know that feeling, it happens a lot to me in a different video game (Sim City 4) - I do so much work, forget to save, game crashes!!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Me? I feel disappointed with myself, take in a breath of fresh air, and I just start over again (from the last save area) - I know that feeling, it happens a lot to me in a different video game (Sim City 4) - I do so much work, forget to save, game crashes!!
    Haha, Sim City 4 crashing on me is exactly what made me make this thread. :P

Years
  • This happens frequently on my football manager unfortunately. On football manager, I hate playing through the matches I've already won in case I lose so I tend to just start a different save.

For a lot of games, I purely can't be bothered starting again so I just don't play it again and sell it if this happens.

I remember it happened the day it came LeafGreen came out and I was just about to save as well, but obviously LeafGreen is easy and you can't sell a game that good anyway.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • This is why auto-saving is the best thing that ever happened.

I usually go into an all-out ragemode for a few minutes, and usually give up on the game for a while because I just don't have the motivation, nor do I really want to play through the same thing again. It doesn't really matter how much I need to play again, as it's usually the same outcome, but of course, the longer the playtime lost, the worse it is.

My worst case was probably when I'd been playing Zelda for a pretty long time, left it on because I didn't expect to be away from it long, and then when I came back it was turned off, though I don't remember whether it was because the power had been out for a short time, or if it was because my dad had turned it off. Either way, I was pretty mad that I had to do everything over again, and I didn't play it for quite some time :<

NatureKeeper

This happens frequently on my football manager unfortunately. On football manager, I hate playing through the matches I've already won in case I lose so I tend to just start a different save.

For a lot of games, I purely can't be bothered starting again so I just don't play it again and sell it if this happens.

I remember it happened the day it came LeafGreen came out and I was just about to save as well, but obviously LeafGreen is easy and you can't sell a game that good anyway.

Ah, LeafGreen. What wouldn't I do for another copy.

But isn't selling the games a bit too far? If that was in my case, only Mario Kart 7, Rumble Blast and the Wii games on my collection. O_o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Scream, go ballistic, and pretty much go into Incredible Hulk mode. Smashing of controllers might ensue. Afterward, I may or may not even want to pick the game up for a few days afterward; depends on how engrossed I was with it and how motivated I am to do all that stuff over again in order to get through it.

I don't have a problem with games crashing; however there were several instances when playing RPGs where a monster pulls a sneak insta-kill move on me, provoking a reset of the game. And sometimes the adverse reactions as noted above, depending on how long ago my last save was. The worst instance (and I don't remember the game) is when I lost about four hours and six or seven levels worth of progress because of one of those insta-death magic spells...

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    I stop playing that game, then after 1 month or 2 i start it again.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Well, if its a game that requires saving, I'd rage. Alot.

BUt if its something like Tf2, no big deal.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I probably wouldn't play again for a long time, haha. I get angry in the same vein when I'm playing a game with long battles and I get close to the end and then lose. Or in Fire Emblem when I get really close to the end and then lose a character so I have to start over or never get that character back. BLEHHH. I'm mad just thinking about it. >_o

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I did a single sitting replay of Ocarina of Time once. 12 hours. Hadn't saved. Somehow I died facing Ganondorf at the end

I screamed XD Very loudly.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • You handle this the mature way. Throw the device on the ground and stomp on it a couple times and call it a POS, then get a fully automatic weapon and shoot it then throw it in a big hole in the ground and throw a frag grenade in there. Then once you figured out what you just did you get very angry and go on a rage and accidentely blow up your house because you forgot there were explosives in there and now your without a game, food, and a home. Wow, idk what I would do if that happened.

This is not a mature way this is the way to get even with the game.

Years
  • Apparently I am the only person in here who in order to prevent things like this happening loves to save WHENEVER POSSIBLE. Even if I have Autosaves. And because I mainly play games that are ~10 years old and aren't all that stable nowadays, it pays off.

What did I do before I started this habit? Well, I think usually I just shut off the game and maybe hated myself a bit for being such an idiot.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • I'd totally rage, and just get so mad at myself and the game. It's never really a pretty site when stuff like this happen to me... However none of my games ever crashed on me when I was in a boss battle, but Legend of Legaia once froze when I was taking on Gaza and I had to reset the PS2. >.> That was rather annoying... but another instance was when I was a kid playing Yellow and I made it to the room in Celadon City with Eevee. I talked to the guy because I was curious on what he had to say, and then my gameboy shut off because the batteries died, and I didn't save. Dx Ever since then I save constantly. The funny thing is I thought it was the guy that made the game shut off. xDD

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Raven, that's actually some funny stuff I bet it was the guy that turned the game off. I once played all the way to Morty in SoulSilver and I didn't save and my DS turned off cuz I was on the road. I wanted to warp into the game and punch Morty in the face cuz his Gengar cursed my system.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Start it up again the next day.

When I was playing Golden Sun.. the batteries shut off as I was saving it! And then it gave me a choice to go to the temple because it restored some data.. I did that, and I HAD to save again or lose ALL my data.. AND.. it shut off on me AGAIN! @_@ thankfully it saved all the way.. but I couldn't check until I got batteries.. it was terrible!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • A few years ago when Ruby and Sapphire had just come out, I was playing Ruby for hours and hours on end. I don't remember exactly how much I completed in that amount of time, but it was quite a bit. My battery started to die so I thought, hey, I should really plug it in to the adaptor to prevent my Gameboy from powering off. So I put my SP down on the floor and my game froze. Yes, I screamed. Yes, I was very angry.

And now, this is me while playing FFXIII: *runs and sees a save point* A save point! Gotta save! *saves and continues running forward* WAIT I THINK I FORGOT TO SAVE? *runs back and saves*

Back