• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Yu-Gi-Oh! deck

Shadez

-
Years
  • okay first of all i just want to say that i know my deck may contain weak cards and things like that but please don't go with things like: omg you suck go buy more cards or something
    or something like: wtf and you call that a deck i pwn you in 2 seconds
    you can ofcourse say things like it's weak or even that it sucks but say what you think is weak so i can improve it

thank you for reading that and now...................

on to my cards :P

fusion monster:
    Evil hero dark gaia

monster:
    Wall of Illusion
    Kycoo the Ghost destroyer
    Gyaku-Gire Panda
    Soul Tiger
    Caius the Shadow Monarch
    Armor Breaker
    Evil Hero Infernal Gainer (2x)
    Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
    Opticlops
    Summoned Skull
    Morphing Jar #2 (favorite card btw XD)
    Giant Soldier of Stone
    La Jinn the Mystical genie of the Lamp
    Blue-Eyes White Dragon
    Magician of Faith
    D.D Survivor
    Dark magician
    Dark Blade
    The Lady in Wight

trap:
    Trap Hole
    Spellbinding Circle
    Waboku
    Just Desserts
    Sakuretsu Armor
    Raigeki Break

spell:
    Card destruction
    Pot of Greed
    Man-Eater Bug
    Dark Fusion
    Axe of Despair
    Nobleman of crossout
    Mystical Space Typhoon
    Fissure
    Monster Reborn
    Change of Heart
    Soul Exchange
    Swing of Memories
    Swords of Revealing Light
    Malevolent Nuzzler

40 cards + 1 fusion in total if i didn't miscount

and as you may have noticed my deck is made with the rules of the traditional format :P

so tell me what you think

Last edited:

Shadez

-
    Years
  • okay thanks
    looking forward to seeing yours :P

anyone else who wants to rate it ?
    i'm actually really looking for weaknesses
    so if you see them don't be afraid to tell

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Egads...you want weaknesses?

There's no central strategy here. D= You've got a few good cards in there (Like Caius, Magician of Faith and Kycoo), but they're not really pulling for any common goal. Similarly, you have a lot of cards that - while good in a dedicated strategy - are just plain shut out from the powerful synergies that make them awesome. (D.D. Survivor without Banisher/Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure, Garoth without other Lightsworn (Seriously, wtf, dude? >.<), Morphing Jar#2 in a deck with only two other flips and a bunch of monsters that would get tossed to the graveyard instead of being set by its effect, Just Desserts and Gyaku-Gire without any method of bumping up your opponent's monster count (and thus increasing their potential), the list just goes on and on.

So yeah, this probably works against your average n00b deck, and you do seem to have picked out fairly strong cards, but if you want to win in any consistent manner against a proper build you really need to focus. Looking at your card lineup, I'd say that some kind of strategy based on dark monsters would be appropriate, maybe some kind of Fiend build built around Infernal Gainer? In this case, I'd suggest getting your hands on some nifty cards of that type (Giant Orc, Snipe Hunter, Doom Shaman and Malicious Edge come to mind, as well as any copies of Caius you can scramble up). I'd also strongly suggest moving over to advanced, as the name of the game in traditional format is pretty much OTKO or GTFO (unless we're playing n00b decks, in which case anything goes). Drop the equips and vanillas, swap out Morphing Jar #2 for Morphing Jar, get Dark Calling instead of Dark Fusion (Far better card advantage :3), get Heavy Storm and Brain Control...stuff like that. Also, Bottomless Trap Hole over regular is far preferred, as is getting Torrential Tribute. Drop Spellbinding Circle for a more permanent solution, get Premature Burial, try to obtain double Allure of Darkness and virus cards if you want to focus on the darks, etc.

Erm...yeah, this all depends on what direction you want to take the deck, so I can't really give a full build. I would, however, suggest looking at the top decklists from recent tournaments if you need inspiration with your deckbuilding (or just plain something brutally effective that will smash opponent face). The pros are pros for a reason. :3

Last edited:

Shadez

-
    Years
  • yeah I probably taught someone would let me have it if i'd ask for weaknesses.
    Still I would like to thank you for the criticism, cuz you've given me some ideas :P

and also just cuz I like to defend myself :

D.D. Survivor without Banisher/Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure, Garoth without other Lightsworn (Seriously, wtf, dude? >.<),
    I only got these for there attack i don't have that many lvl 4 high attack
    highest i get that i can just normal summon is garoth

and also
    i actually got those cards you mentioned XD

and just one last thing
    I was actually thinking of changing to advanced but my 2 or 3 friends who also still play yugioh use traditional format , so that's why
    and i've never entered a tournament or something and there not many tournaments that i now have here anyway, but i'll see what i'll do

but thanks anyway i'll try to make my deck more one thing than and post it up when i edited it

also for any other people i'm going to let this deck on the first post
    so rate it anyway :P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Even if you are going traditional format (which is fine), you can really do better especially in spell section. Raigeki, Black Hole, Harpy Feather Duster are all instant given for example. Traditional format got more staples to use.

Shadez

-
    Years
  • yeah i actually already decided to go to advanced but i'm still editing my deck so i won't post it op yet

but also of the spell cards you said i only got black hole so... not much i can do with that :P
    but still thanks for posting

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • 6/10

-Ok But Wouldnt Make It To Even The Last 50 In a Compettion.

But Still You Probably Shouldnt Take My Advice Because While Critisizing Ur Team I Know Some How Some Way I Would End Up Bragging About My Deck :)

Even if you are going traditional format (which is fine), you can really do better especially in spell section. Raigeki, Black Hole, Harpy Feather Duster are all instant given for example. Traditional format got more staples to use.

Black Hole Is Banned From Tournaments So I Suggest Having A Decent Spell In Ur Side Deck If U Ever Consider Entering A Tournament.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Black Hole Is Banned From Tournaments So I Suggest Having A Decent Spell In Ur Side Deck If U Ever Consider Entering A Tournament.

...Interesting how you pointed that one out specifically when the other two have been banned for FAR longer. However, this was already stated to be a Traditional deck, where those cards are NOT banned.

As such, I am going to avoid a full review for the moment and simply second Frostweaver's comment, with the addition of bringing up Envoys.

Silent_Storm

"Let It Be, Let It Be"
    Years
  • Nice but I would suggest more traps like Draining Shield, Blast with Chain, Magic Cylinder, Shadow Spell(it's a trap), and Covering Fire. Those are just my recomended cards based on my deck which could beat your's(no offence). I think more stronger monsters like level 6 or more would help you too. Also, two good monster cards are Vampire Lord(awesome effect ATK/2000 DEF/1500) and Neo Aqua Madoor(ATK/1200 DEF/3000). This is just advise I would like to give so feel freenot to abide by it.

darkace

super dark elite kid
    Years
  • my deck beats it in a long run but alter ego and frost weaver took all the good critism. Dark gai is good , but you have 1 and really using a sntioned tatrategy for just it. Removal is fine just with all the removal deck. Light swrn deck is dandy but without all the others its a no no. look at my deck thease to members i mentioned, critized me, but hey they're jst old people that have nothing better to do. my deck is labeled my best deck so far, not the old one but the new one.

Back