• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MYSPACE/FACEBOOK

Lana.

*spin*
Years
  • CAPS IS REALLY ANNOYING.

*coughcough* Anyways.

I don't see what's so great either. Mysapce was overrated, and I don't get Facebook anyways. I really don't see what makes it different from e-mail except a lot more pictures, and a heck more ego involved...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Facebook is awesome because you know that people actually care about your life when they comment on your status. Myspace has an aura of immaturity about it, in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Both are cool, but I prefer Facebook because "Sexuality: Gay" doesn't sound as cool as "Interested in: Men", and because of the chat and status features.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why are they COOOL? In my opinion, they are not cool.

It may be because I'm not very social, but I'm not gonna waste my life on those sites being a friend whore and risk getting scammed or tracked by pedophiles. I'd rather waste my life here, anyways :P.

I don't care what happens, but I think people that go to MySpace or Facebook 90% of their time need to get a life.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Why are they COOOL? In my opinion, they are not cool.

It may be because I'm not very social, but I'm not gonna waste my life on those sites being a friend whore and risk getting scammed or tracked by pedophiles. I'd rather waste my life here, anyways :P.

I don't care what happens, but I think people that go to MySpace or Facebook 90% of their time need to get a life.
    I agree, they're not COOOL. However, they are cool, because:
    ○ They allow you to post your personal info where only friends can see it and anyone on your list can access it at any time.
    ○ They allow you to meet your friends' friends.
    ○ Facebook in particular allows you to tell your friends what you are doing as well as chat with them.
    ○ THE FACEBOOK CHAT IS NOT MODERATED. <3

yummy, that's the most important part. bye.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ○ THE FACEBOOK CHAT IS NOT MODERATED. <3

That just simply proves my point. Lack of moderation is more dangerous than appealing. If you are being attacked by an internet predator there, who is gonna stop them? Meeting new people over the internet is something that should NEVER be done unless you have a trust that is extremely high. If you never met them in person, chances are they are not who you think.

Also, do not play with my words. You know I meant "Cool".

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    That just simply proves my point. Lack of moderation is more dangerous than appealing. If you are being attacked by an internet predator there, who is gonna stop them? Meeting new people over the internet is something that should NEVER be done unless you have a trust that is extremely high. If you never met them in person, chances are they are not who you think.

Also, do not play with my words. You know I meant "Cool".
    Um, lol, you are a little paranoid about online predators. You CAN report malicious or illegal behavior, but no one reports sexual discussions or linking to explicit content. And I'm not talking about meeting someone you meet on PC or TCOD. I mean meeting someone who is a real life friend of one of your real life friends.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Actually, I believe Facebook is usually for the more mature people such as college students and adults and Myspace is just for teenagers.

I have both now, but I lost interest in Myspace, and I could never get into Facebook.

Also Myspace just added the same chat feature like Facebook...so not original.

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    The Kidd is right. I think you have to be above 16 to join Facebook.

Also, I agree with Godot. No moderation shouldn't be a good thing, it makes facebook less safe. (Although my mom is addicted to Facebook, bu that's beside the point.)

-MetalGardevoir

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I just use them to keep in touch with my friends. You know, the thing they were meant for. But they're pretty fun. I prefer MySpace over Facebook only because it's more simplified, but I can't take anything away from Facebook. I like them both. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    The Kidd is right. I think you have to be above 16 to join Facebook.

Also, I agree with Godot. No moderation shouldn't be a good thing, it makes facebook less safe. (Although my mom is addicted to Facebook, bu that's beside the point.)

-MetalGardevoir
    Actually, it's 13, and Facebook appeals to teens just as much as it does high school and college graduates.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Both are cool, but I prefer Facebook because "Sexuality: Gay" doesn't sound as cool as "Interested in: Men", and because of the chat and status features.
    Agreed.

Facebook is fun because it makes poking people so much easier and more convenient. I mean you used to have to physically walk up to someone to poke them or throw a sheep at them, now you can do it at the click of a button!
    ...Pieces of Flair is also very fun 8D

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I don't get it either dood, don't worry, your not the only one.

I have a myspace, i used it long enough to see that I would much rather instant message people. Seeing as though you get an immediate response or if they aren't there you get one later.

Back