• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Mysterious moves :O

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
  • I was looking through Serebii.net's Black and White Attackdex and came across 2 moves i'd never heard of.
    • Freeze Shock
    • Ice Burn
    Freeze Shock:

PP= 5| Att.= 140 |Acc.= 90
    On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Ice Burn:

PP= 5| Att.= 140 |Acc.= 90
    On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.

Now according to Serebii.net these moves can't be learnt by any pokemon, So what are these move in the Attackdex for?

My guess is they'll be on an Event Kyurem in the future, because of the typing and fact that Kyurem's Physical and special power is equal.

I'd like to hear what you have to say about these moves ^_^

Years
  • They actually seem really cool, especially the second of the two, I imagine that Freeze "Shock" is a reference to Zekrom while Ice "Burn" is referencing Reshiram. Kyurem will definitely gain some worth from having these moves, just as Victini did after it got the extremely powerful V-Create.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Many beleive these moves are for Kyurem in the third version.
    Yes they are references to the two mascots :)
    Interestingly enought those two moves will make Kyurem the pokemon with two signature moves that are both above 120...
    Wait those moves don't have a catch do they?...oh wow...Kyurem is going to be scary...

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Many beleive these moves are for Kyurem in the third version.
    Yes they are references to the two mascots :)
    Interestingly enought those two moves will make Kyurem the pokemon with two signature moves that are both above 120...
    Wait those moves don't have a catch do they?...oh wow...Kyurem is going to be scary...
    I'd say taking a turn to 'charge' is a definite catch.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • Does anyone think that In a future Event Zekrom will get Freeze Shock and Reshiram will get Ice Burn? :\

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • i don't know.....they seem more like Reshiram and Zekrom moves :/

Its because, Freeze "Shock" is referred to an electric attack and its a physical damage dealing move, so its specialized for Zekrom powered attack. Ice "Burn" refers to Reshiram's Fire, above all that, it is a special type attack which fits reshiram more.

But seeing them as Ice type moves? Probably that supports the property to Kyurem.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • These are Kyurem's hidden moves, to be put simply. Right now, we don't know how it can get them, but it's possible that they might be part of the third game installment.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Maybe some hidden data they're gonna use for the 3rd Game.

...Or for some event for Kyurem in the future.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There is actually no way to get them. They exist as data but no one has found how to unlock them. Unlike Victini's V-Generate, Kelado's Secret Sword or Melota's Ancient Voice which has coding in the game for an event.

How I see it. They were moves that were created but never used. They may be removed if we get another installment like Cacophony which existed up until Gen 4. And the Items from Gen 2 that were removed.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You used a device to give it those moves. There is no way Kyurem can have them without that.

I had a Cryognal with them when I had it on my laptop.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
  • I made it because I'm never sure if they are going to give it to us from the Wi-Fi. I have heard that we will get it in the future, but I don't know when

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure they are event moves, I hope the event will also be held in Australia since it never gets much attention lol, also, I've never got an official event Pokemon with the wifi method...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm going with those are moves for Kyurem possibly in the third installment. I'm thinking there will be a move tutor who will teach it Freeze Shock or Ice Burn according to the Legendary you caught first (Reshiram, Zekrom). But then again, Reshi and Zekrom are probably both catchable in the third game, so maybe you could have a choice between the two? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to have Kyurem have one of those moves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe they only work in Kyurem's other forme which would be introduced in the third Version and work in a similar manner to Rotom's moves in Platinum where if you change it's forme it gains a new move which vanishes if you change it back to normal.
    Also the presense of the moves in the game could also mean that they were going to put them in Bw but decided to save them for later or something like that.

Back