• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Character in E3 Presentation

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    During the playthrough that was shown at E3, there was some dialogue from an unknown and unseen NPC that showed up before and after your battle with Hau:

At first I thought it was that old lady in the first two images, but the last two images shows the camera zoomed out and overlooking the whole crowd. This to me indicates that somebody is watching the battle from a distance. They also refer to Tapu Koko as a "curious little thing", indicating that it's a small Pokémon. If it's a small Pokémon regarded as a "guardian" of the island, I think there's a possibility that it's either a Zygarde Core or an unrevealed new Pokémon. As for the dialogue, I think the person talking might be the leader of the evil team or somebody else that could be doing research on Tapu Koko.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hmm. I honestly didn't realize that. I think you may be right. I think they are an important character. By the screenshot, it looks like you are in the point of view of the mystery person.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I don't think the camera is necessarily POV. The camera angle is simply overhead, way above the tops of anyone in the crowd. Each line of dialogue is just general crowd chatter, it's been done in a few other scenes in the games (BW's first encounter with Team Plasma, for example). Hoo-ee is also part of the local vernacular, Hau says it too. The four screenshots just depict conversations in the crowd that the protagonist can't hear but you as a spectator can.

Years
    Interesting to see you point this out. I have no idea what this person's purpose is going to be but it is definitely going to be a setup for the protagonist being recognized as a "chosen one" by the people of Alola.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I thought that was just comments coming from the audience in general. I don't see much here.

I really don't think Pokemon would go to that length to obscure an important character. I mean they flat out told us that Lillie was a mysterious and important character.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It probably is just the audience. Though I did get something from reading this, Tapu Koko might be small if it's not only a figure of speech. If so, then I imagine it to be Alola's Mew.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I see where you're coming from but to me it seems like it could be the dialogue of the audience members. It just doesn't really strike me as someone mysterious talking when the dialogue box and camera angle if focused on a group of bystanders watching the battle.

Agreed. Hala is saying Hoo Hee possibly, unless Hau somehow participated in the festival twice which I doubt.

The audience seems to be commenting on the whole thing and the different angles are to show how popular or big the festival is by showing the surrounding area.

Back