• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N -- The best enemy?

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
  • I think N is hands- down the most developed in-game pokemon character to date (abused child? Pokemon? the two shouldn't go together, but they do). I wouldn't consider him or Team Plasma bad- like it was stated before, they wanted to do good but just didn't go about it the right way. Ghestis was the one that manipulated everyone into having things his way and raised a child to see his point of view.

Years
  • I have to admit he's one of the most cool enemies in the series. I'm kinda tired of all that gary oak's wannabe and stuff... This one had background story, emotions, everything.

iNfEcTeD_mUsHrOoM420

Dark and Poison master
    Years
  • Meh, I thought their intentions were good until they started kicking Pokemon... >.>

N's cool though. :p

i kinda have to agree with that. like, why would anyone kick a pokemon? especially a munna..i wanted to kill team plasma afterwards. but yes, N is very different from any other rival in the pokemon series. Giovanni however is still my personal favorite.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    i kinda have to agree with that. like, why would anyone kick a pokemon? especially a munna..i wanted to kill team plasma afterwards. but yes, N is very different from any other rival in the pokemon series. Giovanni however is still my personal favorite.

haha, at last a people that I can agree with. He's very sportive as trainer and Gym Leader because he gave the Earth Badge to player despite his plan are spoiled by us.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • N left me a puddle in the midst of dry land; a misty awakens.
    When I sleep, the sound is N
    His brain and idea are fresh, 15 years in the making.
    But i have been eating too much candy, I wish he was a dentist

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think the introduction of N and B/W's plotline really gave a new life to Pokemon storylines. I mean, they really broke all of the previous boundaries with such a compelling and intricate storyline - and with such a powerful character like N. He's the first multi-dimensional "bad guy" that Pokemon has really ever had, too - Archie and Maxie and Cyrus and all of those other guys were just like "MWAHAHA I'M BAD I'M TAKE OVER WORLD" but you can see N's character change as you progress until he blooms at the end. A similar aspect applies to Bianca and Cheren as well... you can see their personalities developing every time you interact with them. Honestly, the plotline of B/W and the character that they introduced in everyone (even the Gym Leaders!) is what pulled me through the game all the way and makes me honestly consider the two games as the greatest Pokemon games yet. It'll be hella hard to top this, Game Freak. :(

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • "N" is okay. I've only met him a few times, but so far, he seems like he has good intentions.

"And then we can finally be friends" he says. He thinks he's doing the right thing...but...anyone else see a bit of Mewtwo from the first movie within him?

Years
  • I agree, he's one of my favorite enemies in the franchise.
    it's good that they're adding a deeper story/plot instead of just creating another "rule the world" villian team. And his intentions are good, just gone about the wrong way
    team plasma is a different story though (if rumors prove to be true)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I really need to play through the game before I can properly say... but I don't really like his hair XD It looks really dirty. But other than that he looks like a great character, he looks more good than evil tbh. He has a pretty awesome name too. N.

Last edited:

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Hmm, I wasn't too sure when I first saw him, he was certainly different. I thought he was going to be one of those psychotic characters which I love. But towards the end I started to pity him a bit more.

Then when it turned out that

Spoiler:

I really felt sorry for N and felt more of an urge to win when the next fight started.

Overall, I liked him =)

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • I was discussing with some friends about how Pokemon Black and White share one of the most mature plotlines of probably any game in the Pokemon series. The question of "should Pokemon be treated as being underneath humans archaically" is one that would be considered a pretty philosophical one if Pokemon were in fact real and Team Plasma put an interesting spin on the usual take of the antagonists just wanting to steal your Pokemon for the hell of it and you just stopping them because they happened to be on the way to you becoming the Champion. N is a character that you can really relate and sympathise with, which makes you enjoy playing the game more (and ultimately kicking Ghetssis's ass in the climax). Honestly N's inclusion as the pseudo-protagonist was one of my favourite things about the 5th Generation.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Whenever N talks to me, all I read is 'Blah, Blah, Blah, Angelo I love you, join Team Plasma, release Pokemon, blah blah blah'. Really, I usually just skip his dialogue. Too much info dump that I simply don't care. Ghetsis' approach is short and sweet. But N just rambles on and on and on. I do like how his Pokemon differs from each battle though.

Last edited:

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    N is so popular in Japan that people are making pillows printed with N for girls to sleep with o.0

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I want to know what you people are talking about but I haven't played the game through to the end yet >.<

I like him, he seems a bit distant and cool, calm and collected, and just a little bit insane. Just a bit of a noobish question, but it IS him being coronated in the begiinning sequence at first, right?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • His hat and hair make me squee :3 plus he took me on the FERRIS WHEEL...which I could go on again 3: [/offtopic]

Except whenever he asks me a question I just press "yes" :L I'm only really reading half the dialogue :L

When I first saw team plasma on the YT Japanese walkthroughs I thought plasma were going to be a Galactic repeat of fail but N gives them a bit more depth I think c:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • N is so popular in Japan that people are making pillows printed with N for girls to sleep with o.0

Where did you hear this and where can I buy one?

Also, @Ryouki, if you really read his dialogue thoroughly, you'll see just how deeply he thinks and exactly what the motives behind his actions are. It's really though-provoking stuff.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I want to know what you people are talking about but I haven't played the game through to the end yet >.<

I like him, he seems a bit distant and cool, calm and collected, and just a little bit insane. Just a bit of a noobish question, but it IS him being coronated in the begiinning sequence at first, right?
    Yes, it was him.

Spoiler: (highlight it)
    His father wanted to crown him as the next leader of Team Plasma since N was his only son.
    End of spoiler

(someone teach me how to use the spoiler tag?) :C

Back