• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N -- The best enemy?

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    Now that i've played through White in english, it's given me more of a chance to look at N and think more about him. I love how they're given it a fresh theme; N is the unfortunate child who had nothing but the pokémon (mostly seriously hurt) around him and constantly told he's an awful let down of a child, bringing him into the adult he is now, pure hearted but with the wrong intentions. I thought this really was a fantastic way to look at the misunderstood guy, better than the usual 'i just want to rule the world as a bad guy' kinda thing. What do you guys think?

PPB_All-Stars

Duelist and Beyblader
    Years
    dude N is boss!!! i was N for Halloween this past year!!! He is just the coolest bad guy ever! Next to Giovanni of team rocket of course

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
    Years
    I dont think N or plasma are evil theorectically. They have good morals in mind. They just approach them the wrong way. Like what happened to communism in soviet union. its a perfect system but it was approached the wrong way and led to the collapse of it.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I dont think N or plasma are evil theorectically. They have good morals in mind. They just approach them the wrong way. Like what happened to communism in soviet union. its a perfect system but it was approached the wrong way and led to the collapse of it.
    I absolutely agree with you.

N is so far one of my favorite enemies. He has a different story from the other rivals, but he somewhat has a good heart.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    He's a freakin' hottie, but he's also a total creeper. That's all I really have to say about him.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    This must be the first game in the series I have actually seen a boss I could sympathize with. Even though N and Team Plasma are very extreme in their actions, you sometimes can't help but think that maybe their intentions are good.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Meh, I thought their intentions were good until they started kicking Pokemon... >.>

N's cool though. :p

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    I think N is one of the best rivals/evil guy that you have had to face for a while. Other than him, I didn't really like Team Plasma.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    To be honest.
    N is my all time favorite character of Pokemon since I played Japanese Black.
    Team Plasma and N did have a good intentions, but they did it all wrong, They just thought about Pokemon, on how they feel about being trapped in a ball and be forcing to battling. But seem mostly they like it. They just wanted them free

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I think Team Plasma was evil but N himself was not. After all, Team Plasma were thieves and hypocrites, sat up on their high horse and stealing from innocents, then defending themselves with lies. Ghetsis was a manipulative little [CENSORED] who messed everything up. N was...

N just had good intentions. All he wanted was the best for Pokémon. As I played, I was agreeing with points he made because I think the same way.

N is the best character GameFreak have created in a while now.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    I think Team Plasma was evil but N himself was not. After all, Team Plasma were thieves and hypocrites, sat up on their high horse and stealing from innocents, then defending themselves with lies. Ghetsis was a manipulative little [CENSORED] who messed everything up. N was...

N just had good intentions. All he wanted was the best for Pokémon. As I played, I was agreeing with points he made because I think the same way.

N is the best character GameFreak have created in a while now.

I agree with you as the team plasm grunts are a little stupid [CENSORED] up thing and N is quite nice with telling me that he was the boss on a fairis wheel where we can't fight!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    (Adding to my earlier post)

The thing I like about him the most is that for the better part, I agree with him. N just wants Pokémon to be treated the best they can, as do I. N just wants Pokémon and humans to create bonds and friendships together, as do I. N doesn't like Pokémon being kept in a PC, isolated and in stasis - I feel really strongly about this. Thus far in my game, I have caught only 6 Pokémon. My PC is empty and except for legendaries/shinies/compulsory captures, I want to keep it this way.

N isn't an enemy, he's just manipulated to appear so. He's just a well-meaning young man who had his own vision clouded by the lies of others.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years

The thing I like about him the most is that for the better part, I agree with him. N just wants Pokémon to be treated the best they can, as do I. N just wants Pokémon and humans to create bonds and friendships together, as do I. N doesn't like Pokémon being kept in a PC, isolated and in stasis - I feel really strongly about this. Thus far in my game, I have caught only 6 Pokémon. My PC is empty and except for legendaries/shinies/compulsory captures, I want to keep it this way.

N isn't an enemy, he's just manipulated to appear so. He's just a well-meaning young man who had his own vision clouded by the lies of others.

I agree with both of the things you said and in the case of N it's really just a lonely young boy being raises with a cruel father who didn't care about anything but his own cruel intentions. I went through the league last night and just felt so sorry for N when i beat him, made me wanna hug the poor guy!! He always had good intentions and he did change the minds of other members of the organisation, as you discover in his castle. I myself always thought it was mean just to leave unused pokemon in their balls in the boxes just never being used and if they were real, i never would do it to them, just live with them at home and only with ones i love. He is definately my favourite 'enemy' of all now =]

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I really love this game so far... it's a lot deeper than any of the other Pokemon games (and I've played them all). I have 5 badges so far. For the first time I'm not skipping over the dialogue quickly from Team Plasma because it's actually a little complex for a Pokemon game. I feel like the series grew up with the 1st gen players :)

And N is awesome. I like how he asks questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015

I agree with both your posts about N. He really just seems to want the best for the pokémon which I like. I think he's the most interesting rival character and "enemy" since generation one for me. His character just seems more complex than just battling a rival to battle and get to the top first. A lot of the things he says makes you really wonder and see that he's got a good heart and feeling behind his intentions.

I think N has to be my favorite character in the series in a long time, just as a pokémon trainer I mean. He's a lot more interesting to me than some of even the heros in the stories before. And I also really like the design, they just made him look so cool. :D

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
    I want N to be a bigger part of the story next time around. (Pokemon Grey)
    Maybe after you have completed the game he could be re-battled every day?
    And he changes his team every time. (Like in the story.)
    Yep, I really think N is a good character, partly because he reminds me of L form death note.

Last edited:
    Back