• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

N64 Repair

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    My beloved N64 has been sitting unused for about three years now, due to the 'putting in the cartridge and turning it on but not reading the cartridge' problem. Unfortunately, I tend to go back to old games ridiculously often, but the 64 just doesn't want to work. Does anyone know anyplace, either online or in the US; where I could get it repaired?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    If I were you I would try some place like Game Stop where they might be able to help. Have you tried Nintendo directly?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    these days it might just be cheaper to buy a used system that works rather than try and find a repair center and/or repair parts. There's a place just downtown for me that I've seen N64 used systems in the $25-$45 range.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Call Nintendo up. They have authorizes repair centres scattered around the country. There may be one near you. Worth a shot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Call Nintendo up. They have authorizes repair centres scattered around the country. There may be one near you. Worth a shot.

I highly doubt Nintendo would touch a Nintendo 64 to repair.

N64's aren't expensive. $25 for used tops. You could probably get one $50 in box if you really wanted to.

That being said, an independently owned and operated (IE not Gamestop/EB/Best Buy/whatever) game store might have a repair service, though expect to pay a lot of money.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I highly doubt Nintendo would touch a Nintendo 64 to repair.

N64's aren't expensive. $25 for used tops. You could probably get one $50 in box if you really wanted to.

That being said, an independently owned and operated (IE not Gamestop/EB/Best Buy/whatever) game store might have a repair service, though expect to pay a lot of money.
    Because....? I didn't say to send it to Nintendo for repair (which I've done with my DS Phat in the past). I said call them up and ask for the nearest authorized Nintendo repair centre. They fixed up my SuperNES while I had a GameCube!

Back