• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Change (Mods, Don't attack Me)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nope! I would never change my name, my name is kinda unique. :3 Now the only reason I would change it would be to shorten it, but my name is already short. :D

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Nah I wouldn't bother changing my name.

My name is a boring, regular, average name but I wouldn't want a really weird/unique name and changing it to another regular name would just be pointless.

If I had to change my name to anything it'd be Blaine. Great name tbh.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wouldnt. I love my name. Its Aloyisious for those who don't know. I have unique middle names too. LuEllwyn & Auxjuan

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I wouldn't ever change my name, because 'Francesca' is pretty unique.

However, sometimes I feel like my name is something different, because so many people in real life, or online call me 'Fuu'. That started from some anime-obsessed friends of mine back in 2001, and some people still call me that. >w>;

Years
    Well, I've actually wanted to do so for a while now.

Being the 3rd (for my name) is not something that I like. But I don't know what to change it into. D=

So I'll probably stick with it. xP

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    When I was younger, I didn't care for my name. Nowadays, I don't mind it (and I found that unofficially adding "Dawg" to the end of your name makes it sound a lot cooler.)

If I did change it, it would have to be a name that's totally awesome, like Nighthawk or Stealth.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I changed my name last year AND got a new SS#, which was really the point of the name change.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I would never want to change my name. I utterly adore my name. The only thing I would change about it is to perhaps add another middle name or something, haha. It's the only reason I went through with my Confirmation--I thought I'd get another middle name out of it per tradition but alas, I did not. :(

When I was younger, though, I wanted to change my name to something starting with K. I think Katherine was typically my favourite name. Any wishes to do so immediately stopped when I learnt the meaning of my name though and I've been perfectly content ever since.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I LOVE my name! Although sometimes i get REAAALLLY annoyed by everyone who calls me Toblerone in real life.. MY NAME IS TOBY, NOT TOBLERONE!! Hence how i got this Username. :P. *Cough*.. like i was saying, not many people call me by my first name. Oh, and one of my friends have now started calling me, "Toby or not Toby".. i find that pretty cool though!

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    i like my name, i wouldn't really change it to be honest. although i was going to be called amber, but my parents called me beth instead. amber would of been a good name for me, because of my hair colour, haha. but i still like my name.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, me and my dad have the same names, and he went by a nickname which was derived from his/our middle name. Of coarse, I was called by the family nickname which my dad had, but in fourth grade I decided I liked my real name better, and I changed it, so I've been called my real name ever since.

Years
    My name's Samantha. It's quite common. But, that's the only thing I hate about my name. It'd be easier to handle if it didn't seem like everyone and their uncle aunt had the name. :(

But, common as it is, I don't see that as a valid reason to change my name. It's fine as is.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Nah, I love my name too much and I'd probably never get used to my new name. I don't like changes much either. The only thing that bothers me is that people just keep on mispelling it and put either an I or a Y instead of J. >_>

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I do like my name, I see nothing wrong with it anyway, kinda rare but not very common. So yeah, no, I wouldn't want to change my name.

Back