• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Change (Mods, Don't attack Me)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I dont think so. Although my middle name is not something that I feel represents me, I'm sure I'd never change it, I'm sure it'd be too troublesome to change it, though.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I think in my personal opinion that My name suits me.Other people will think not but I've always wanted to change my middle name to something like Sylvia or Sarah-Blue

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    personally the only time I'd change my name is if I was inducted into the witness protection program. if someone else wants to change their name that's their prerogative.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Not a big fan of my name, but I wouldn't change it. I don't think anything else would suit me, really. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I say if you don't like it, change it, don't sit there moping about it.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The main reason I dislike my name is because everyone mispronounces it the first time, but when I think about it, it's cool being the only -------- in the world (I highly doubt anyone has my name, as it has no meaning whatsoever). So no, I would not get a name change (plus it's a real hassle).

Varjak Paw

Eyes of Amber
    Years
    I wouldn't necessarily want to change my name, maybe move my current name to my middle name and then change it to something that people can pronounce more easily, since my name's Chinese and most people have difficulty pronouncing it correctly, or even pronouncing it so that its recognizable to me, which takes a few days. I love it and all (its unique, so..) but its really frustrating when teachers and people like that just can't get your name right. Unless, of course, they happen to speak Chinese. Then its no problem.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I've already got my named changed. Not officially. I just consider myself under a new name: Angel. And thus, that's what I'm referred as, since I don't like my original name and I don't think it fits me.

...Dude, for real? XD

"Angel" sounds like the nickname you give to either an 8 year old girl, or your pet cat.

Anyways, I've already changed my name too. I was born "Miguel-Vincento," but I just go by "Mikael Vincent." Otherwise, seeing as that's basically just a translation of my name, I'm fine with it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    If it's a horrible name like mine (Kenny), you'd definitely want to change it after years of torment in your childhood due to South Park, Kenny the Shark and Kenny (a movie).

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I would never think of changing my name! I love it. Kimberly just sounds calm, yet fun. So I'm really, REALLY happy that my parents named me Kimberly and not something else. So no, I see no point in people changing their names at all. There's a reason you were named that.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    When I was younger, I would have sold everything I owned for a different name. Now, though, I can't imagine being called anything other than my name and the variations of it. Different people shorten in in different ways, and I like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I really like my name, so I don't think I'd ever change it :) Plus, it's the name my parents gave me, so I'd feel very sad to lose it!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nah, I won't change it. It is a very common name and I was named after a TV icon. So nope I like my name the way it is. :3 And I heard it is a hassle to get it changed. You have to go to justice of the peace or something. What would be the point? It is a waste of time.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I'd change my first name to Brad, and then after the surgery I'd finally be able to steal Angelina for myself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yep, only teachers call me by my real name, I'm defiantly getting one. Though I already had one, but I'm going back to my original name. Then just make my current name part of my middle name, (: (.)

Melody

Banned
    Years
    ...darn, I was ready to chomp off your head. XD

My name is my identity whether I like it or not. I'm not fond of changing anything that has represented who I am throughout the years, especially the handle in which every single person I've met so far know me as. Despite the fact that I actually used to dislike my name, I've grown to like it over time.

*pats Siggy on the head*
    Hahaha. Good Siggy~
    *runs*

Personally, I am quite comfortable with my own name in real life. It does get annoying from time to time when there are others with the same first name but then again it's something I've learned to deal with over the years.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I wouldn't change my name even if someone paid me a million dollars. D:

I love my name, and since it's so unique, it's even better. <3

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I would never want to change my name; it's my identity and the first thing people "link" to me by.

If someone feels the need to change their name, fine by me, it's their decision. There are plenty of situations where a name change seems appropriate too.

Back