• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

natural disasters

which natural disaster do you think is the most frightning for you

• Total voters

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I voted for tornado, however; I believe I'm starting to have second thoughts after reading some of your posts. Having lived through a tornado, I know what kind of a fright it can give you. The darn things are so sporatic and you get so little time in which to prepare! Let's face it, if a tornado occurs at 3:30 in the morning, virtually everyone in that area is in grave danger... no pun intended. Sure, they sound off alarms when there is a threat of one, but you can't really hear one of those things if you live out in the country. :\
    Oh, you can hear them. They say the way you hear a tornado is if the storm suddenly stops, and you hear train noises. They say that's what a tornado sounds like. I've never been through one. But when there's a watch/warning they tell you how you can spot it on the news. Here's a funny story. My cousins were sleeping one night, and they were listening to the rain beating on the window in the middle of the night. The rain stopped, they heard a train, said, "Huh, I wonder what that is?" "Dunno." They turned over and went back to bed. o_o They were fine, it dodged there house, but that was really stupid. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    We have things other than natural disasters to reduce the population Burningfoot and @ Yamikarusu, I don't think any of those things said count as a natural disaster =P

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Now, where do y'all think a poll like this might belong? Other Voting Polls? BLASPHEMY!

-Moved-

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • If Yellowstone blows, it will do more long term damage than any hurricane, tidal wave or earthquake and affect the most people.

Years
  • If Yellowstone blows, it will do more long term damage than any hurricane, tidal wave or earthquake and affect the most people.

That's true,but living in CA make you wary of earthquakes. (But we'll probably blow ourselves up with ICBM's before that or World War Z comes true (0_0)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    On this side of the world, earthquakes can't happen. Neither can volcano eruptions. Nor can any twisting winds. We have enough natural barriers here to protect us from an equally natural disaster called a tsunami. This place is just too safe.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Volcano Eruption is the scariest and worst disaster. You will burn if you got hit by a lava. And there's no way of surviving it. Tsunami ftw! Suuuuurf!!!

Years
  • I can't answer this, because it would depend on the scale of this disaster.

A little tremmor versus a mile-wide monster tornado? Or a house-shattering thunderous quake versus a weak feeble tornado?

A pyroclastic flow thundering down the volcano's slope toward you versus a weak hurricane storm that you can seek shelter from? Or a monster of a hurricane that flattens your house versus a slow, low-quantity, predicted lava flow?

It really depends on the scale. I don't really know which would be worst.

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • Most frightening for me would be a tornado or the volcano. D:
    I don't fear hurricanes anymore, they are very common in here, lol. >_<

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Tornado or an Earthquake, but here in Singapore, Earthquakes cannot happen.

Unless there's an earthquake in Jakarta (Indonesia), which SInapore will feel a slight trmor.

Tornados are really scary, being blown by the wind and such.

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
  • well i still dont know what im really afraid of a hurricane or a tornado it is because i never been in one of theses situations so i dont know which is the worst

if anybody is scared about another disaster just tell me and ill add the count in my first post in the thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobi-kun

Years
  • yeah even if you had a drop of molten hot lava and you pur it in your skin it will burn your flesh completely o_0= x_x

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I live in the midwest of America so we get lots of tornadoes, and since that's really all we get, I can safely say they scare me the most :D! I just hate wind and since wind can get up to 100 mph during these things, I hate it ;;

that and I don't think I'd do very well with hurricanes either.

Tobi-kun

Years
  • is anybody from new orleans who got evacuated or did anybody hear about hurricane gustav

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
  • Id say volcanoes. Explosions, dust falling, choking people, filling the streets. Rocks filled with lava bursting forth, pyroclastic flows (molten volcanic ash too heavy to go up, so flows down the sides traveling very fast, and reach temperatures of 1200oC, therefore incinerating all in their path. You can't survive. Simple as. Then theirs all the noxious gases etc.

Back