• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naught-to-TWELVE sad onions, well, that's unusual.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What are the strangest or most amusing packaging warnings/labels you've seen? Anything from a plain loaf of bread marked 'may contain nuts', to a hair conditioner marked 'suitable for vegetarians'. I know there are bases for both of these but the latter in particular struck me as unusual. So, hopefully y'all can do better.

Title refers to Ashens.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There's a sign at one of the building at school where you can get food, and in the Chick-Fil-A line, there's a sticker on the lemonade machine that says "assy." It's an official label and everything. I'm sure it's short for something, but oh well.

Also, we have a label at work above the sink in the service area that says, "All employees must wash genitals."

I know these aren't packaging, but I've rarely ordered things to even get packages...I should look through some of the stuff at work some time, though. I'm sure that'd be interesting.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    *bottle of semi-skimmed milk*
    "WARNING: Contains dairy products."

well no ♥♥♥♥ sherlock

Years
    WARNING:
    HIGH VOLTAGE
    OVERHEAD POWER LINES

Yeah, there are literally signs around my area in a road construction zone placed down below where power lines cross above the road. Like no ♥♥♥♥ lmao

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    This isn't food related, but I got a ripped copy of the DVD Freaky Friday from a friend who bought it in Bali. The tag line of that movie is "every girl's worst nightmare... turning into her mother!"

But my Engrish copy said "every girl's worst nightmare... hunting into her mother!"

I laugh long time.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I saw a box of cereal that "Warning: May contain milk". I laughed. For a long time. I mean, I'm pretty sure cereal isn't supposed to come with milk in the box.
    My mom got something from UPS, and the box said "Drop, Fragile". The label left out the DO NOT part. (She dropped it 10 secs later... damn you cat, that was a nice lamp.)
    I bought an album, and the cover said: "WARNING: MAY BOW YOUR MIND". I knew it was on purpose, but it made me laugh a lot (Album sucked....)
    My school has a sign under the front canopy near the curb of the road, that reads: "Do not drive onto the curb. People walk here.". My friends and I got another sign that sits almost everywhere outside, it says: "Do not step on milk cartons, water bottles, or anything similar.".... we step on those things still....

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I've noticed the children warning signs say:
    Warning

Slow Children at Play.

They really need to make that sign a lot more specific.

Years
    I've noticed the children warning signs say:
    Warning

Slow Children at Play.

They really need to make that sign a lot more specific.

I think that's a matter of grammar XD They should probably put a period in there somewhere.

The stupidest label I've seen on food would be in Asian supermarkets with their Engrish, I see them everywhere. Honestly, I sometimes tag along with my parents for the sake of finding them XD But there was one I distinctly remember that should have said "Dumplings," but they missed the 'l' so it said "Dumpings," LOL. Yeah, I took a photo of that on my phone and laughed the rest of the grocery trip. Needless to say, I did not want to buy those...whatever they were.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Naught-to-TWELVE sad onions, well, that's unusual.

Love the logic there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've seen a container for a cake that said "do not turn upside down" at the back of the container. Whoever designed that gets a award in product design.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Aw hell yes Ashens reference. Glad it ain't just me watching that channel.

Well, if you've ever bought a bootleg toy off of ebay, you know damn well how engrish they can get with their fake tags. :(

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Oh i bought a pokemon Dark Cry game (that didnt work, obviously) and at the back it said:

"Contains no Dark cries". Well, i knew that man! Like, lmao no ♥♥♥♥.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Iirc, one of the audition programs in my country once used the labels "100% Original Artists, only in this channel" in one of its commercials. This makes me think if the contestants are fake if they're in another TV channel...

Shhmew

Years
    There's a sign at one of the building at school where you can get food, and in the Chick-Fil-A line, there's a sticker on the lemonade machine that says "assy." It's an official label and everything. I'm sure it's short for something, but oh well.
    Speaking of Chik-fil-a, I saw an advertisement thingy for them saying "Our pickles never touch, just like God intended." .___. I really hope it wasn't real.

Today I was eating Goldfish crackers and I checked its ingredients and the first thing was "Smiles". Idk I thought that was cute. ;P

Back