• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Neatles Evolutions?!?!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
  • don't worry- it's fake!

and the evolutions are going to end up ugly anyways. :D

admit it- they can't make big turtles cool.
    even mutant ninja teenage turtles were a failure...

1. you telling me blastoise isn't cool? he has freaking water bazookas coming out of his shell! XD

2. OK, peoples. let's get things clear. "Neatle" is NOT a turtle. turtle shells always cover the whole torso, while "Neatle"'s does not. the possibility that GF decided to make a turtle with a half-shell only covering it's back is not reasonable, nor akin to the pokemon style. if anything, it is a beatlie pokemon, with a wood-like shield shell.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    1) ugly starters: swampert; feraligatr; venusaur;
    some people even said sceptile was ugly,
    but when i saw it on colosseum, i thought it was kinda cool

blastoise is so-so; typhlosion doesn't stand out; meganium's forgettable;
    that leaves blaziken and charizard.
    like I've said before, most of the 1st stage starters are the coolest of their line.
    but that's my opinion.

2) lol. you're funny. :D

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • what? said:
    but that's my opinion.

Yes it is, and you're welcome to it. Which means I'm welcome to mine, which tells me that Blaziken, Feraligatr, and Venusaur are pretty ugly. =/ Meganium has to be the cutest. Swampert... eh, it has its cute moments in the anime. Final stages aren't supposed to be overly cute for the mostpart. Little kids grow up to be ugly and old compared to what they were when they were five.

Samson said:
    2. OK, peoples. let's get things clear. "Neatle" is NOT a turtle. turtle shells always cover the whole torso, while "Neatle"'s does not. the possibility that GF decided to make a turtle with a half-shell only covering it's back is not reasonable, nor akin to the pokemon style. if anything, it is a beatlie pokemon, with a wood-like shield shell.

Anyway, about Naetoru being a turtle/tortoise... I get that it's shell is not complete. However, saying it's more of a beetle still doesn't make sense. It only has four legs, and beetles have six (I know Heracross does too, but Ledian has six so.. meh). Not to mention its jaw and mouth are like a tortoise's and nothing else. I mean, no beetle I know of has a head shape like that.

what?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Little kids grow up to be ugly and old compared to what they were when they were five.

...I mean, no beetle I know of has a head shape like that.

this thread makes me smile :)

i was about to list a whole bunch of reasons why naetle IS a turtle, but then i figured he was joking. he was, wasn't he? ;)

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • OMGZ! The lvl 37 one the so called final-evo, looks lyke sum fat-guy in a fake pokemonm suit!gosh!!!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • this thread makes me smile :)

i was about to list a whole bunch of reasons why naetle IS a turtle, but then i figured he was joking. he was, wasn't he? ;)

umm, no i'm not joking. but please, feel free to list your reasons, but the japanese translation of it's name consists of "beetle". also, the branch with two leaves on it's head is meant to look like a beetle horn. also, turtles have claws. the japanese blog that first presented the starters clearly emphasized that it was a beatle, and surely enough, those starters came out to be true. if you go on any site that tells you about the new d/p pokemon, while the fire and water starters are described easily as a penguin and monkey, naetoru is described as just the "young leaf pokemon". if everybody was so sure that it was a turtle, i'm sure it'd say "young turtle pokemon". let's not forget that GF would never ensue the prospect of having more than one turtle starter in the history of all pokemon generations. that would just make it seem as if they were running out of ideas, which is something i doubt will never happen as long as they're making billions.

what?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    you're the only one i heard from who said naetle is a beetle.
    so i guess if naetle turns out to actually BE a beetle, everyone else is going to have some major rethinking.

some reasons why naetle is a beetle:
    big, buggy eyes;
    as you've said:shell not of turtle resemblance;
    why would GF make another turtle starter?
    if naetle was grass/bug, it would fit nicely with the starter triangle concept;

i'm not sure of those things you've said about japanese translation and "beetles".

now:
    mouth resembles snapping turtle jaws;
    it DOES have claws;
    naetle has four, meaty limbs; insect pokemon have four or more, skinny limbs;
    when it opens its mouth, you can see a wide, flat, pink tongue; no insects have tongues;
    IT HAS TWO NOSTRILS!! NO INSECTS HAVE NOSES!!
    they have feelers, no olfactory holes on their head.

sure, naetle's carapace is not strictly turtlish, but pokemon are supposed to be creative. i bet the creator didn't even notice his error. or she

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • You know Samson, you actually do bring up good points. The branch on his head never struck me as being a horn though because of the positioning. It's like on the top of his head and not the front of his nose. (This isn't disproving what you said, I'm just saying this as for why I never pictured it as a horn.)

People did indeed mention it being a beetle. However, it really does look like a turtle. But you know what? Pokemon may be based on animals, but that doesn't mean they can't be strange mixes and/or just strange looking. There's Mankey, a pig and monkey; and then there's Pikachu, who looks like a rabbit but is considered a mouse; Spinarak and Ariados, the spiders without eight legs; etc.

Who's to say it's not a mutant Tureetle? XD

I'm sure I'm getting more laughs from what?. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    It is a beetle actually, from the translation of the name. It's "leaf beetle" or something. Besides, beetles actually do have shells. And it's not like a turtle that has a shell all around the body, it's more like just a case on the back.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • It is a beetle actually, from the translation of the name. It's "leaf beetle" or something. Besides, beetles actually do have shells. And it's not like a turtle that has a shell all around the body, it's more like just a case on the back.

Yes... but you must concede that the head does not look like a beetle at all. I mean, seriously. =/ Show me a beetle with a snapping jaw and beak-like mouth and I'll completely agree. It's not classified as a "beetle" pokemon, just the "young leaf" pokemon.

You know, I dunno why I care about debating this so much, I like beetles and turtles/tortoises equally. They're both adorable little creatures! ^^ *edits line under avvie*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Ehh...aren't you kind of getting off-topic? I'm pretty sure that the point of this thread was to discuss the authenticity of these screenshots, not the classification of the beetle/turtle/whatever supposedly portrayed in them. Personally, I think it looks like a turtle, but I'm not so high and mighty as to say 'I say so and that's that.'. Ehh...just live and let live, maybe? Whoever is right gets gloating rights after the truth is revealed. ^^

That being said, I'll be a cynic and think they're both fake until proven otherwise, just because I feel like it. I don't trust these 'inside' sources any further than I can throw them. xP

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Well, look at other bug pokemon. Have you ever seen a bug stand on two legs? Or be the size of a human?

=S

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • See my previous comment about relevance. If this is such a big issue for you, maybe you could start your own thread about it in pokémon general or something? I think that would be more proper than clogging up this thread with comments that aren't relevant to the original topic, hope I don't sound too much like a mini-mod for saying that. ^^

Years
  • It described as Youung Leaf, and it could be Leaf Turtle or Leaf Beatle. But it just looks way to much like a turtle to be a beetle. And it would be part Bug type. I think that in itself states its Turtleness. Snapping Turtles 4-EVER! LOL Srry for being off topic...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Oh poo Alter, you've ruined our spamming. XD

No, you're right, this is a thread on the ridiculous fake pokemon that are in this thread, not which adorable animal Naetoru is patterned after.

Anywhoo, I'm pretty convinced that Aobasu is fake. Fakey fake fake. Even Serebii is starting to lean towards it being fake. You know, I just noticed something... every pokemon sprite so far has been at an angle, not like "Aobasu's" sprite is facing, straight on to the left of the screen. It isn't even looking at it's opponent's pokemon. I find that kinda odd.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • At 1st I actually thought that, the 3rd evo was actually real. It looks realbefore I went on serebii and it was confirmed that was another fake. It seems like there are more fakes then actual real 4th gen. POkemon

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Back