• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help (Emerald)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    Hi!
    Ive been replaying Pokemon Emerald and everything has been going great until the Pyshic gym leaders and i cannot seem to be able to win. Should i switch someone on my team?
    Blaziken lvl 49: Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Slash and Ember.
    Swellow lvl 46: Steel Wing, Endeavor, Fly and Aerial Ace.
    Kirlia lvl 29: Shadow ball, Confusion, Double Team and Psychic.
    Staryu lvl 29: Recover, Thunderbolt, Blizzard and Surf.
    Aron lvl 17: Cut, Secret Power, Rock Smash and Strength
    Vibrava lvl 42: Crunch, Dig, Dragonbreath and sandtomb

I also would need a grind spot for my Kirila, Staryu and maybe Vibrava to get it to Flygon
    Should i switch some moves to any others and where do i get said moves?
    But any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Years
    I think the main thing you need to focus on primarily is levelling Aron, Staryu and Kirlia. Starmie at a high level would be able to deal a lot of damage to their Pokemon considering they have 3 Pokemon weak to water moves (Claydol, Solrock and Lunatone) and Xatu which would be devastated by Thunderbolt. However, if you haven't already, find the Ice Beam TM which you get from the ship surfing from Dewford to Slateport. Blaziken isn't very effective in this situation as it is weak to Psychic-type moves as well as Claydol's Earthquake. If you managed to get Aron evolved to an Aggron, it could do a lot of damage to Solrock and Lunatone as Steel-type moves are super effective against Rock. However, be wary of Claydol's Earthquake again here. Shadow Ball on Kirlia is super effective against Psychic-types so if you managed to evolve it and level it a fair amount, you'd be looking at a lot of damage being dealt. Vibrava's Crunch should also be able to inflict a lot of damage as a Dark-type move, and it can't be hit by Earthquake so I'd suggest using Vibrava/Flygon and Starmie as your first two Pokemon so you can hit Claydol and Xatu hard, whilst not being damaged too much. If you do this, you should be more than fine. Hope this helps :3

PS: I would recommend fighting all the NPC trainers you see because you could gain a lot of necessary EXP that would also help in the long term for the E4. The more your team, when high levelled, has coverage against weaknesses and can hit any Pokemon hard, the more you should be set for any challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hi!
    Ive been replaying Pokemon Emerald and everything has been going great until the Pyshic gym leaders and i cannot seem to be able to win. Should i switch someone on my team?
    Blaziken lvl 49: Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Slash and Ember.
    Swellow lvl 46: Steel Wing, Endeavor, Fly and Aerial Ace.
    Kirlia lvl 29: Shadow ball, Confusion, Double Team and Psychic.
    Staryu lvl 29: Recover, Thunderbolt, Blizzard and Surf.
    Aron lvl 17: Cut, Secret Power, Rock Smash and Strength
    Vibrava lvl 42: Crunch, Dig, Dragonbreath and sandtomb

I also would need a grind spot for my Kirila, Staryu and maybe Vibrava to get it to Flygon
    Should i switch some moves to any others and where do i get said moves?
    But any answers would be greatly appreciated!
    Hey ThunderYabba, hopefully Spartacus was able to help you out a bit. In any case, we've got a board dedicated entirely to help with in-game Pokemon teams, so I'm going to move your thread over there. Best of luck!

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    Thank you Spartacus for helping me but how do i battle trainers again i know you can use the PokeNav to call them but do you need to find them again after you called them and if you only called one will they be the only one willing to fight? Also who should i teach Ice beam since Staryu already has Blizzard or should i switch them? And should i change any movesets? Cause i know the Vibrava one is kinda bad but anything else? But is it really worth leveling Aron since he is just a HM slave?
    Also thank you you Brendino for moving my thread!

Years
    Replace Blizzard with Ice Beam if you want more accuracy & PP.

&
    - Replace Blaziken's Ember with a Powerful attack like Fire Blast/Flamethrower

- Evolve Kirilia (at Level 30) & remove Confusion with something like Calm Mind (you have to defeat the Psychic gym to get that)

- Vibrava will (i think) evolve at Lvl45 so evolve it.

- Try to evolve Staryu (you need Water Stone i think), it will do great damage to the Rock/Psychic they have.

- Aggron could be good because Steel Types are resisted to Psychic types but its 4x Weakness to Ground types may OHKO it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Blaziken
    - Blaze Kick
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Aerial Ace
    - Slash

Hit hard, hit fast. No other comment.

Swellow
    - Aerial Ace
    - Quick Attack
    - Steel Wing
    - Fly

Really typical moveset that I use for the early route Flying-types, it's simple but effective.

Gardevoir
    - Psychic
    - Shock Wave
    - Calm Mind
    - Hypnosis

I omit Shadow Ball because Ghost is always a physical move in Gen 3, unfortunately Gardevoir doesn't really shine until post-game when you have access to the move tutors and the elemental punches.

Starmie
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

You will probably be using Starmie for Waterfall/Dive until you reach Ever Grande City and you can just use Fly at that point, so be careful about when you use your TMs.

Aggron
    - Iron Tail
    - Rock Tomb
    - Strength
    - Rock Smash

You don't really need Cut for much in the later part of the game, although Aggron does have a somewhat shallow movepool and assuming you've used Earthquake for Flygon, this set works for what it is.

Flygon
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch
    - Fire Blast/Giga Drain

Keep in mind that most of Flygon's moves in this moveset are special, too.

You have good balance to your team, and I suggested some moves that could help you as far as type coverage and such.

Back