• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Need help with my Diamond team

Years
  • Hi, I've been trying to beat the E4 for a while now. This is my team.
    Lv 69 Torterra (Rocksmash/Giga Drain/Cut/Leaf Storm)
    Lv 50 Dialga (Heal block/Ancient Power/Dragon Claw/Roar of time)
    Lv 40 Floatzel (Aqua Jet/Crunch/Surf/Whirlpool)
    Lv 44 Staraptor (Fly/Defog/Close Combat/Aerial Ace)
    Lv 41 Machoke (Vital Throw/Submission/Rock Climb/Cross Chop)
    Lv 44 Tentacruel (Waterfall/Water pulse/Poison jab/Screech)

I need any advice possible to help me beat the E4. Thanks!

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I would visit the move deleter since you really have no use for Cut or Rock smash anymore. The same goes for Floatzel. I do recommend giving Floatzel Ice Punch which is a move tutor move if I recall correctly. Grind your other team members a bit so they can be more help to you. Staraptor learns Brave Bird at level 49. Since you really have no coverage for Lucian, the Psychic-user, I suggest getting rid of Tentacreul and adding a Ghost-type or Bug-type. I do highly suggest you go around the region and collect the TMs that you don't have yet.

Torterra is a really good Pokémon, but it just can't do it all on its own with Dialga as back-up. I can post some sample movesets for you as well if you'd like!

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    If I were you, I'd remove Cut and Rock Smash from Torterra with the Move Deleter in Canalave City, and give it Earthquake and Crunch instead. It can learn Earthquake by TM, and Crunch by giving a Heart Scale to some guy in Pastoria City. You can get Heart Scales in the Underground, I believe.

With Machoke, if you can trade, you should do it. Then you'll get a Machamp. Also, you may want to remove Submission or Rock Climb for something like Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

As for Tentacruel, you mentioned Crunch in its moveset, but I don't think it can learn that move. Did you mean something else, like Screech or Supersonic?

Back