• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Help With Pok?mon Project

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Need Help With Pok?mon Project

You must have been intrigued by the title of this post, so I will delay no further. I am starting a Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) type game for Pok?mon. The title is, Pok?mon Spiel. I am a writer of many fanfictions, most of which I have never finished, so that is why I am asking for help with this. Also, if this is considered spam by your standards, or if it is misplaced, please accept my apology.

For those of you who do not know what D&D is, You have a group of people that want to play D&D; one of them is known as the Dungeon Master. His/Her job is to control everything that goes on during a D&D campaign (in Pok?mon Spiel, I call it, a journey). The other people create characters of: Humans, Halflings, Elves, etc, and name their character, roll dice to get their stats (their strength, defense, magic power, etc), and become their character mentally. The Dungeon Master starts off the campaign by describing where everyone starts off at, the scenery etc. All of this goes on in the Dungeon Master's imagination, and the other people play along. They interact with the Dungeon Master's story, and fight, when necessary. In a typical fight, the Dungeon Master tells another player who he/she is facing, and the character tells his/her move to the Dungeon Master. Dice is rolled, to see if the person hits with his/her weapon, and how much dammage the hit does. If the enemy is attacking, dice is rolled for the same thing by the Dungeon Master.

If you still do not understand the concept, then continue to read this post, and reply with your questions, and I'll answer them.

I need: People to help me with rules and other sections of the game, Artists for the many pictures that will be needed, and anything else a person feels that they can contribute to this game. Some people have already helped me, but I need more people helping me. Once the project is finished, I will be contacting Nintendo and/or GameFreak to see if they can let me publish this, or buy it. If and when this happens, all of the people that help me, will get a cut of everything that I get. POK?MON CAN NEVER DIE!!! It's too friggin' cool :P

If you like the idea, please by all means, reply to this post with anything you want to say or ask, and leave your e-mail address, and I'll contact you through that.

For the time being, you can visit the Official Pok?mon Spiel webpage. https://gatene.clawz.com/spiel.htm and find out more information about the game, that have been submitted by others and myself.

Thanks everyone,

Gatene

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • That's actually kinda funny, because me and my friends where thinking of the same idea and how cool it would be. We have some input, but we'd have to confer so that I can remember exactly what our ideas where. :\

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Sweet, I will be so happy to get yours and your friend's ideas on the game. I definitely want people that can share the passion for the game, as I am.
    If you would like, you can just e-mail me directly... [email protected]

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you,

Gatene

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Hello all, I am still interested in people helping me out with this game. The address is https://gatene.clawz.com anything at all you can help with, I'll be more than glad to hear it.

Thank you,

Gatene

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Don't ya have to have permission from Nintendo/Gamefreak before making the game to be published? Unless this is gona be a fan-made game, then you have to say "Pok?mon isn't yadda yadda." when you... Ehh, what do I know about copyright, I'm a ROM hacker. :p Well good luck. :)

gatene

Pok?mon Professor
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Hmm, yes, I would need to get permission from Nintendo, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. I will run it by them until I get some sort of answer...or at least game freak after translating my idea into japanese lol

Gatene

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    This belongs in Other Games, I think.

*moved*
    Nope, sorry. Other Games is for Non-Pokemon games. This should be in Pokemon General.

I've always wished to play D&D but no one around here sells it or plays it so I'm out of luck. I probably couldn't be much help to this project even if I had palyed it since I'm always busy.

~~MOVED...AGAIN~~

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Trying to have them appove it?

I can tell you now, that Gamefreak/Nintendo, would not publish your game legally. WHY?
    They put thousands of dollars into their gaming, with many professional people working on thier projects. Nintendo would not accept some game made by somebody at home on thier PC. They already have a Pokemon TCG, so making another card/board game wouldn't be possible either.

And if they happened to accept your game, the entire company would be ticked off, people that work their butts off to make a game and get paid for it suddenly get showed up by some guy working on his PC? You have no idea how much havoc that would cause. You would make lots of money off the game, and the money that goes to Nintendo/Gamefreak would be an arguement too. Heres an example of what would happen.

Your game gets published.
    Staff is surpised.
    Staff starts to question things like the stability of thier jobs and how this would affect the future of the company.
    Game is an instant hit! Many people buy your game and soon You/Gamefreak/Nintendo start taking in profits in the hundred-thousands, or millions.
    The staff/workers wants thier cut of the profit when they didnt work to produce the game.
    There is dispute among you/Nintendo/Gamefreak with legal issues and stuff.

OR

Your game gets published.
    Staff is surpised.
    Staff starts to question things like the stability of thier jobs and how this would affect the future of the company.
    Game doesent sell! You and Nintendo/Gamefreak suffer equally from a project that costs tens(or hundreds) of thousands of dollars to produce.
    Your bankrupt. THE END.

Nintendo and Gamefreak are huge companies with good reputations and they are not willing to take chances or risks over some fan-based game.

Back