• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Never Split The Party: Dragon Slayers (Rated T for teen)

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
  • d1f215c6b1229455836a6f2a2ea18f4e.gif

The World

The world of Freider (fray-der) was in chaos. 167 years ago, the nine kingdoms in Freider had a... disagreement. They declared war on each other. This war was called the War of the Nine Kingdoms, and it lasted for 136 years. 8 years later, Jard Howlon helped rebuild one of the kingdoms, Kondo (con-doe), and was made it's king. Despite his efforts, the kingdom was still devastated. After the War of the Nine Kingdoms, Kondo couldn't even remember where the other kingdoms were. The war was so devastating that none of the kingdoms did.
    And that was probably for the better.

The Plot

It's a beautiful day, thought Henther as he stood on the watch tower. For his job was to make sure nothing bad happened, and if he saw something, to blow the horn as a warning. However, nothing ever did happen. Ever. It was the same thing every day. Occasionally, Henther would see some hunters leaving or entering, or perhaps some wolves chasing a few deer. But there was never any reason to blow the horn. Henther looked at he horn thoughtfully. What is the point of a horn if it is never blown? he thought. Horns are made to be blown. What is the point if it isn't blown? Is it a waste to create a horn that is never blown? Henther smiled. He looked out into the distance. He saw the blue sky, the great forest... and a shadow. Henther's eyes widened. He saw the massive shadow of something on the ground. Then, Henther looked up.
    Hundreds of feet above the ground was a dragon.
    It's scales were as black as coal, and it had massive goat horns on top of it's head. It's back was covered in two rows of spikes, and it's wingspan was as big as a whale. Henther gasped, and reached for the not-so-pointless horn.

In his palace, Jard Howlon, the 58 year old king of Kondo, heard the horn. It's sound blasted through the city, and Jard thought everyone in the city must have heard it. Shocked, Jard looked out the window, and saw the shadow of a dragon pass over the city. He gasped. His guards looked out the window, and they both trembled with fear. Jard looked at both of them. The guards nodded. They knew the drill, one of them brought the king to safety, the other did the same to the prince. As one of the guards ran to get Riloon, the prince, a massive crash was heard. Jard looked out the window to see that the dragon had landed in the middle of the city, and roared.
    The dragon's roar struck terror into the hearts of everyon. At the sound of it's roar, the entire itself seemed to shake with fear. No sooned than the wretched beast roared, everyone panicked. The dragon bellowed a sound that reminded Jard of a cruel, twisted laugh, and then raised it's immense wings and flew off. The king watched as the dragon rose into the air, and then flew off as quickly as it came. No one could tell how much time passed. But then, the real terror began. A moaning was heard.

Henther stood on the tower, trembling with fear. That dragon... it was pure evil. It was nothing but a cruel, sick, twisted creature that took joy in tormenting others. And when a dragon wanted you unhappy, you were unhappy. Then, Henther heard a moan. It started out as a few moans, then a number of moans, and then more moans than thought possible as it got louder and louder. Henther looked into the forest, and in the middle of it, he saw thousands of humanoid figures. They resembled humans at first glance, but with their mindless walk and rotting flesh, it quickly became quite clear that this dragon had brought thousands of undead with it. Henther blew the horn again.

Jard did not like it when he found out that the dragon had an army of zombies. That was, in a word, bad.
    "The dragon flew north," Riloon said, "and according to one of the guards, that's the direction it came from as well." Jard nodded.
    "This is bad," Riloon continued. Jard knew for a fact that once the prince started talking, it was hard to make him stop. "Not only will we have trouble getting food with all those undead, but it will also take a large amount of money to kill the beast as well."
    Jard paused at that last part, and then said, "are you suggesting we hire a bunch of adventurers to kill that?"
    Riloon smiled. "Worth a try."
    Jard sighed. "Son, that beast won't go down easily. It's a dragon. A dragon, for crying out loud, a dragon! Do you honestly think that a bunch of adventurers can take that out? My god, all those people manage to kill are trolls and bandits, not dragons."
    Riloon smiled again, and then repeated, "Worth a try."
    Jard frowned. "You have a point. Make a waver, offer a reward, I don't care, just, get rid of the dragon."
    Riloon laughed. "Don't worry father, I can feel it in my bones. It's gonna work."
    "I have my doubts," Jard said.
    "You always do father. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some adventurers to hire."
    And with that, Riloon left with the fate of Kondo in the hands of a bunch of adventurers.

Your role

As you can tell, you play as one of the adventurers Riloon hires. Your goal: go north and kill the dragon that threatense to destroy the kingdom. It won't be easy-that dragon won't go down easily. But hey, it's worth a try.

You should be ashamed that I even have to say this

Never split the party. Ever. Don't split up and you should be fine. Most likely.

Copy and paste the form below:
    Spoiler:

Class and Skills

In this Roleplay, you get to choose your characters class. Essentially, you say what your class is, from cleric to berserker to plague doctor. Anything good is accepted. Can't think of a good class? Either read through the suggestions below, or take this quiz and fill in the answers with what your character would do.

Suggestions:
    Spoiler:

As well as classes, you get to pick a few skills. Skills are special abilities your character can do. For example, if you picked the Mage class, you could have skills like Fireball or Wall of Fire. Just remember to make a description of the skill, not to make it to overpowered, and to only have, at max, five.

Rules

These rules are NOT made to be broken.
    No Bunnying, Powerplaying, or Godmodding, unless you have permission.
    Romancing is allowed, just don't let things get out of hand.
    No killing or attacking other players.
    Don't fill in the password area. Leave it blank.
    Only, at max, five skills.
    No Mary Sues.
    Don't screw with me or the other players unless you want to be kicked.
    If you don't make a post in a week, I will Powerplay your character to get him out of any situation that might cause the RP to go inactive.
    If you don't post in two weeks, I'm killing you >:)
    NEVER split the party.
    If you decide to quit, please don't bale out in the middle of something important. Or PM me and I can kill you >:)

Players

Here is a list of people who have joined:
    Spoiler:

And that's pretty much it! Last but not least, I haven't been online in forever. I promise that I won't quit in the middle of this Roleplay.
    And now, with everything that needs to be said said, I guess it's time to sign up! And I hope you have fun!

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • Sorry for double post, but here is my SU:

Name: Karath Highland
    Appearance: Karath is a good seven feet tall, and about 178 pounds. He has brown hair, but no facial hair. His hair isn't very long, barely coming down to the top of his neck. His hair is also pretty wild, sticking out in multiple directions. He looks a bit thin, but quite a bit stronger than he looks. His eyes are dark blue, and his skin is a little bit paler than it should.
    Karath wears a suit of mirror armor, a type of armor worn by Mirror mages which changes color to match his surroundings. But it isn't very thick and doesn't protect him from much. If he could, he'd wear a full suit of chain mail, but being a mirror mage, mirror armor is what he wears. For weaponry, he has a pair of large, razor sharp daggers, each having a blade as big as a dragon tooth, a sword that is a bit small, but is bigger than his daggers, and a small hatchet for an emergency.
    Personality: Nobody knows how to describe Karath. He is clever, and prefers to think his ways out of situations than fight his way out of them. He likes to make jokes, but doesn't prank people, for he doesn't like pranksters. When he has to fight, he prefers to get up close and take them on head to head rather than shoot arrows, cast spells or sneak past them. However, he will do whatever is necessary to get the job done. He has a short temper, but isn't hard to calm down if you know how to. He doesn't give up easily; he'll spend days trying to find out how to do something, even if he knows he has absolutely no chance of success.
    In his free time, he likes to practice fighting and climb trees. He prefers to spend time with others than be alone, but when he's thinking, he'll be determined to get somewhere quiet. He is easily unnerved, and he doesn't read much. He is very talkative, and prefers to talk than listen.
    History: Karath's father was in the war. Just like Karath, his father, Drode Highland, was a mirror mage. Although Karath didn't necessarily want to be a mirror mage, when his father dies, he changed his mind. He went to become a mirror mage at the age of 14, and kept on practicing till he was 25.
    Class: Mirror Mage
    Class description which was brought to you by that quiz I mentioned:
    Spoiler:

Skills:
    Light Slash
    Spoiler:
    Reflective Warp
    Spoiler:
    Mirror Motion
    Spoiler:
    Light Shard
    Spoiler:

Password:
    Is the SU done: Yes, but it still needs polishing in some areas.
    Other: DerpDerpDerpityDerpDerpyDerpDerpDerpyDerpDerp

Last edited:
    Years
  • This looks pretty cool. Here's my SU!

Name: Wilhelm Sterling

Appearance: Wilhelm is slightly shorter than average, standing at 5' 3" and weighing roughly 130-135. His black hair is cut short, and is usually messy, since he doesn't style it, and he wears a hat all the time. His skin is lightly tanned, like paper dipped in tea, while his eyes are light green, like grass. With his big, bright eyes and large nose, he looks somewhat bird-like. He is short but solid, his bulk equal parts muscle and fat, but he is surprisingly agile for his size.
    His usual outfit consists of dark blue pants with black hiking boots, a white linen shirt, purple vest, and black leather jacket. The vest and jacket have plenty of pockets, and he has several pouches attached to his belt. He is almost never seen without his very nice hat, a black bowler. For weapons, he carries a thick staff, nearly five feet long, and a simple dagger hidden in each boot.

Personality: Wilhelm is a curious and thoughtful sort, usually projecting a calm, laid-back demeanor, but he is easily excited. He is intrigued by new people and things, and enjoys touching or tinkering with them. This curiosity drives him to wander, to meet new people and see new things, read new books and eat new foods.
    He often seems a little scatter-brained to people, with his calmness, tendency to ramble on about nothing, and compulsive need to meddle. As a kid, he was good at fights, so he can be a bit arrogant, but slow to anger. His moods tend to shift rather abruptly, going from good-natured talking to energetic moving and rambling in a second, or from quietly listening to suddenly shouting.

History: Wilhelm wandered the streets as a child, doing what he had to to survive. His father was a blacksmith, and he never knew his mother, who left shortly after Wilhelm's birth. As a teenager, he was good at fights, earning the attention of a local combat instructor, Charles Norris. Wilhelm trained with Charles, but his brother, Xavier Norris, taught a more interesting magic class. Wilhelm discovered he had a strong talent, though with limited applications. Despite being a magical "one trick pony", he worked hard to improve, learning both magic and fighting.

Class: Duskblade
    Spoiler:

Skills: Wilhelm uses magic to create and manipulate kinetic energy, with a curious light-and-dark theme reminiscent of nighttime.

Star Strike
    Spoiler:

Star Shield
    Spoiler:

Telekinesis
    Spoiler:

Shadow Step
    Spoiler:

Password:
    Is the SU done: Yes.
    Other: Wilhelm works part time at a library when not on adventures. His magic makes reshelving books easy!

Back