• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New allrouder team

pokemanman

Expert Trainer
Years
  • Okay, so I'll need Zekrom's friend safari. And what all types should I have in team? Again, I like singles only, so that's my preference. And I'm gonna play on Battle Spot, against my friends and maybe in the battle seasons.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    lol, I totally forgot that my Safari has Vullabies in it even though though it says that in my sig which is in ever post I post I make. Guess I pay too much attention to Junko's face, and lots of people have wanted my safari for Crawdaunt and/or Sableye.

My FC is 0619-4178-0907. In game name is Stella. Add me and post your FC. I'll add you back tomorrow (I'm gonna be at college aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall day and don't have my 3DS on me).

And all the pokemon info we've given you so far is for singles.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Types, as in Water, Fire, etc, or types as in roles likes sweeper, tank, etc?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's really difficult to be completely prepared for every type match up. All types have thier uses, but some are a little bit more important. And the Pokemon themselves don't necessarily have to be of these types either; having moves of those types is sometimes enough.

The major types to consider are: Ground, Fighting, Dark, Ghost, Fire, Dragon, Fairy, Steel, Water, Ice, Electric, and Rock. Probably forgot something, but those are certainly important.

pokemanman

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • Lapras and other Water/Ice Pokemon are terrible for bulky offensive roles because of their common weaknesses to Grass, Electric, Rock and Fighting. Nearly every Water Pokemon learns Ice Beam, so there's no need for the secondary Ice type to hinder its defensive capabilities. Other bulky Water Pokemon to use are Vaporeon, Jellicent, Clawitzer, Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, (Mega) Gyarados, Gastrodon and Azumarill:

Vaporeon:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam/Roar/Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb

Jellicent:
    -Scald/Shadow Ball/Night Shade
    -Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    -Recover
    -Taunt

or
    -Scald
    -Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/36 Def/224 SDef

or
    -Water Spout
    -Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    -Shadow Ball
    -Ice Beam/Giga Drain
    Nature: Modets
    EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

Clawitzer:
    -Water Pulse
    -Aura Sphere
    -Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse/U-turn
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 164 HP/252 SAtk/92 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs

Tentacruel:
    -Scald
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic/Knock Off
    EVs: 252 HP/224 Def/32 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze

Mega Blastoise:
    -Water Pulse/Scald
    -Dark Pulse
    -Aura Sphere/Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Blastoisinite

Gyarados:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Bite/Stone Edge/Substitute
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spe
    Item: Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate

or
    -Substitute/Taunt
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce/Earthquake
    EVs: 120 HP/64 Atk/100 Def/224 Spe

or
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Waterfall
    -Roar/Dragon Tail
    Nature: Impish

Gastrodon
    -Scald
    -Earthquake/Earth Power
    -Ice Beam/Toxic
    -Recover
    Nature: Relaxed/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Storm Drain

Azumarill:
    -Waterfall
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Superpower
    EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power

or
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry

or
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Waterfall/Knock Off
    EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest

What does "spe" stand for? Sp defense or sp attack?

pokemanman

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • Meh, i already reset the game. I new about the berrie and reset bag, but i didn't feel like doing it.

So which six pokemon shoul I include in my team? I've already gotten a Gyarados ready, am breeding the Vullaby. So I need four more Pokes now.

Last edited by a moderator:

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • While a bidoof would fit your team well, I think it's pretty overpowered so maybe steer clear. So you have a physical sweeper and a defensive poke/defogger, so how about a special sweeper now? Something like a focus sashed Alakazam or life orbed Gengar could work, or some kind of mega poke. Are there any preferred mega you want to use?

pokemanman

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • Alakazam would be best I guess. Would Aegislash be a good addition, because of it's King's Shield?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Alakazam would do pretty well for your team, however it isn't a "Bulky Offensive" Poke.
    A potential moveset could be:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Magic Guard
    Modest/Timid
    6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Substitute/Anything Else

This set allows you to have lots of coverage, against Dark Types, Rock, Ghost, etc
    Also, you could sacrifice one of the moves for Dazzling Gleam if you'd rather the coverage against Dragons & The Like
    Also, I wouldn't waste my Mega Stone on Alakazam. While it does make him more viable, he is good enough without it & there are perhaps some better uses to having a different Poke with a Mega Stone. Other choices could include Mega Mawhile, Mega Lucario, Etc would be good options (Unless you choose to use Aegislash). I don't know how viable Mega Ampharos is in OU, but she could be an interesting option

Edit: Mega Ampharos probably isn't a good option, didn't realize her Speed stat was so low. Would definitely do work on a Trick Room team. However, she can certainly be defined as a "Bulky Offensive" Poke

Edit 2: I just though of a possible set for her,despite how bad she may be w/o Trick Room. Since I'm new at this, someone please critique me & let me know if Mega Ampharos is even viable w/ & w/o Trick Room. Nevertheless:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
    Static/(Mold Breaker)
    Modest/I Don't Know
    252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 6 Spe
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Thunderbolt/Thunder
    -Focus Blast/Signal Beam (Maybe?)
    -Volt Switch

This Set would be a good definition of "Bulky Offensive" as Mega Ampharos can dish out damage & certainly be capable of taking a few non-resisted attacks. Dragon Pulse & Thunderbolt/Thunder are there for stab. Focus Blast is there for some coverage (Perhaps Signal Beam is also viable for Psychics? Idk....) and Volt Switch is there just incase it is necessary to Switch Out because of a Fairy Type,etc. Even though, now that I realize it, her terrible speed probably makes her a very bad Volt Switcher. Oh well, perhaps you could use something else to replace that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Porygon-Z also seems like a legit contender, no?

Porygon Z is not a good choice for OU. Instead, Porygon2 would be better, with its access to Eviolite. Even though, I think there are many better choices, Think of some more! :P

pokemanman

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • According to Serebii, PorygonZ is the second best non legendary special attack pokemon, after Alakazam.
    Edit: So it's either Alakazam or PorygonZ.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • According to Serebii, PorygonZ is the second best non legendary special attack pokemon, after Alakazam.
    Edit: So it's either Alakazam or PorygonZ.

Go with Alakazam or Volcarona (latter needs Rapid Spin support). They have the Speed to back up their 135 Special Attack. Porygon-Z's Speed is good, but not good enough for it to function in OU:

Alakazam:
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)/Dazzling Gleam
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash/Alakazite
    Ability: Magic Guard

Volcarona:
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fire Blast/Fiery Dance