• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Areas

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
  • I see a new mini region in the works. Something along the lines of Sevii Islands. I know that Strange Souvenir Guy mentions that he got his item from a place that we haven't seen before. I'm willing to bet that wherever he's hinting at is what we'll find post-game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would love to explore the unexplored islands as well. I also hope they add more. Would be great if they put a post game storyline in somewhere. I was never able to go to the Lati island and such. Also never managed to find Mirage Island. So I do not know where they are exactly on the map.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I would love to explore more of the areas in Ever Grande City and somehow expand it to become an actual city. I kinda want to see more areas in the mainland tho, near Slateport, Mt. Pyre, Pacifidlog.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would love to explore more of the areas in Ever Grande City and somehow expand it to become an actual city. I kinda want to see more areas in the mainland tho, near Slateport, Mt. Pyre, Pacifidlog.

There's not really room on Ever Grande City to add even a small village. If anything, they might rename it to Ever Grande Island.

I guess something they could do is completely redesign Victory Road as a subterranean city in addition to being a dungeon, but, even though that'd be really cool, I don't really see that happening.

Years
  • I was checking the new Hoenn map and started wondering if there'd be any brand new routes or areas, like the Sevii Islands in FRLG and the Safari Zone and respective routes in HGSS. The main thing that got me thinking about this was the odd looking purple-ish thing that appears to be in the sea north of Lilycove. Whether that's an actual new area or anything remains to be seen, but what are your thoughts on the possible inclusion of brand new areas in ORAS? For convenience, the new Hoenn map is in the spoiler, below.
    Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Most of the areas to the south areas we know off, but are covered up by the clouds, such as Sky Pillar. I am thinking these will get updates or something.

With the purple thing to the north, some have speculated it is just storm clouds because it always storms on that route that is is above.

Dewford may have a new area or it my just be an update. I am not sure what the north corners could be.

And I would like to point out that I don not recall the Sevi Islands being on the main map of Firered and Leafgreen. So that is still possible.

I would find it a bit odd not to be able to go to new islands with it being a tropical region. I thinking we will have a new area whether it be like the big post game island in Sinnoh or the chain of islands in Firered/Leafgreen. I am hoping we have something added to Slateport to go to new islands.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was checking the new Hoenn map and started wondering if there'd be any brand new routes or areas, like the Sevii Islands in FRLG and the Safari Zone and respective routes in HGSS. The main thing that got me thinking about this was the odd looking purple-ish thing that appears to be in the sea north of Lilycove. Whether that's an actual new area or anything remains to be seen, but what are your thoughts on the possible inclusion of brand new areas in ORAS? For convenience, the new Hoenn map is in the spoiler, below.
    Spoiler:
    Hey there, I just merged your thread in here since this discussion is still "alive," and it's about new areas! So feel free to continue speculating these areas here. Have a lovely day!

Years
  • You know, Hoenn had so many awesome places, that it almost doesn't even need a new region. Just give every city similar importance and it will be awesome. So many of those little cities meant absolutely nothing to the story before hand, and it would be great if they turned them into something more significant.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • As everyone already said, exploring those unexplorable islands would be pretty cool, especially if each have a event with them!

Years
  • From the screenshots and trailers released this month, no new areas have been shown or hinted it, unless the mysterious Team Aqua/Magma headquarters shown in the first trailer are an entirely new area instead of revamped versions of their old counterparts. The map has some interesting things to speculate about, including that dark purple cloud-like structure towards the top right. Hard to tell what that could be, possibly the new area Rayquaza is caught in? o:

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I've noticed a dark, strange looking area at the top of the map. This is just completely out of the blue, but perhaps it could be something like Citadark Isle from XD. Appearance-wise. Just a cool throwback to the home console third generation games. xD

Years
  • Hoenn Overworld Map (Interesting Dark Area)

So I've searched for a topic on this and can't find anything - I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the new mysterious dark cave part that seems to be on the updated map for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

See picture below (circled in red):

New Areas

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Personally, I hope they're adding a new aspect to the storyline. I liked this storyline the least, but well it's all a matter of opinion.

It could also be hinting on a new legendary to be caught, and the looks of the area kinda tell it'll be a Darkrai-like legendary.

:) Well, whatever it will be, I will find out on the release date!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Personally, I hope they're adding a new aspect to the storyline. I liked this storyline the least, but well it's all a matter of opinion.

It could also be hinting on a new legendary to be caught, and the looks of the area kinda tell it'll be a Darkrai-like legendary.

:) Well, whatever it will be, I will find out on the release date!

I doubt it'll be a brand new legendary. Probably Giratina or s/t, that's literally the only legendary Pokemon I can think of atm that would live in a creepy, spooky place. There's Darkrai but an event only legend isn't gonna make an appearance.

I'm more interested in the big grassy area south of Pacifidlog town; the small island east of Dewford/Slateport sea route and the island east of Route 110. And some of the rocky formations near Sootopolis look like they have entrances.

Praying those southern clouds are hiding the Battle Frontier, tho...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    If a new region was added, even a mini region, it would go a long way towards making Hoenn seem more worthwhile for me.

I'm not a big fan of Generation Three. At the time it came out it seemed like so many steps backwards. I understand now why Gamefreak made the decisions it made, or at least most of them. But the leaps from Generation One to Generation Two were so impressive. So when Generation Three rolled around it seemed like a huge step back.
    The lack of another region to explore is part of what made me lose some faith in Generation Three. It doesn't matter if Generation Two's Kanto region was shrunken or if Generation Three had more tile space. It didn't evoke the sense of having a whole new adventure to work through after beating the game. It's a request people have been begging for since Generation Two.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If a new region was added, even a mini region, it would go a long way towards making Hoenn seem more worthwhile for me.

I'm not a big fan of Generation Three. At the time it came out it seemed like so many steps backwards. I understand now why Gamefreak made the decisions it made, or at least most of them. But the leaps from Generation One to Generation Two were so impressive. So when Generation Three rolled around it seemed like a huge step back.
    The lack of another region to explore is part of what made me lose some faith in Generation Three. It doesn't matter if Generation Two's Kanto region was shrunken or if Generation Three had more tile space. It didn't evoke the sense of having a whole new adventure to work through after beating the game. It's a request people have been begging for since Generation Two.

Well at least the Gen II remakes allowed us to reexperience that sensation. I don't think that they'll simply going to make use of the islands covered behind the clouds rather than make a mini region a la Sevii island (which we had the fun to explore in the first remakes ever). I would like to see a mini region though, hopefully based on the area northeast of Kyushu (apparently there's a bridge connection Kyushu with Honshu (the main island of Japan) so that can be used). Or if not, then I'll like a return to the Johto region (which is where the player is from after all) and see how it was like prior to Gen II/IV.

Speaking of basing things off of real life places, I looked at Kyushu and didn't see any thing east of it (which will be north of Hoenn since it's shifted 90 degrees from what it's based on). I wonder if that dark ominious island is based off a farther away but still nearby place like Evergrande is, or if it maybe man-made or temporary (like how the Distortion world was temporary over Mt. Coronet).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • The reasons why ORAS is not getting a mini region per se, is that looking in XY, there are some instances that framerate is dropping, especially in Horde Battles. Kalos has not much data to be seen. What more if Hoenn, where things are more diverse and such. It will be tbh too much, unless if they allocate more storage in the game or so. If Hoenn does get a mini-region, I'm seeing of the lines like Sinnoh has, with the Battle Zone.

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • The reasons why ORAS is not getting a mini region per se, is that looking in XY, there are some instances that framerate is dropping, especially in Horde Battles. Kalos has not much data to be seen. What more if Hoenn, where things are more diverse and such. It will be tbh too much, unless if they allocate more storage in the game or so. If Hoenn does get a mini-region, I'm seeing of the lines like Sinnoh has, with the Battle Zone.

Well those are two different things. Having more regions to explore won't have much impact on the framerate, since not everything is loaded at all times. The horde battles or double battles were just laggy because of the high polygon count that had to be rendered at the same time (Which I think they will fix for future games).

On topic: I think that purple area in the north of the map is just a storm cloud tbh, but I guess they might add some extra islands or even cities.

Back