• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New, Confused, Anxious, and Frustrated... Help!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Hey everybody!

So, it's been over 10 years now that I've been dreaming of hacking Pokemon Roms, and I'm amazed that I hadn't found you sooner. I love this site, but I've hit many roadblocks along my way.

(If anybody knows of a PokeEditPro version that works and doesn't give you the error "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" please let me know!)

Either way, I'm very exited to be here and be part of a this community! I hope to get up-to-date with all of the hacking fun! If anyone wants to help me with that, I'm open to taking a crash course.

Years
  • I'd really recommend asking hacking-related questions in the Hacking category! There are many places dedicated to helping confused new hackers out, such as the Beginner's Lounge for example. You can ask pretty much anything there and our experienced hackers will come in to assist. Hard to get help here in the welcomes area since your concern won't be seen by the right people. :(

Welcome to the forum though, Web! Good luck on your hacking endeavors and hope to see you stick around. Let me know if you're confused and unsure where to post, though sadly I can't help out with hacking-related things since I don't hack myself. n_n;

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums WebWandere! I'm DJTiKi, but most people here just call me DJ or Tiki :). I'm a ROM Hacker myself and do whatever I can to help people just starting out. Like Sheep said, you can ask all of your questions in the Beginner's Lounge. This place is easy-going and I enjoy company, and we won't bite(for the most part XD).

Btw, even though it may be against forum policy to answer here, however I like you so I'll answer here(just this once). But in simple terms all you need to is get comdlg32.ocx, which is a file and register it on your computer using the command prompt. I'll go more in-depth once you are in the Beginner's Lounge. :)

We sure to check out all the other sub-forums that make this community, the best. Not all of it is devoted to Pokemon and fan-made games, so make yourself at home ;). I'm sure you can find something to indulge in. Have fun, Web. Be seeing you around.

Back