• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    No postbit on right, no.

Delete your messages? What? Click edit, delete...

Spoiler:

This is what I get when clicking on the edit/delete button. Am I doing something wrong ? If so, tell me x3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Just a little glitch, the watchamcallit with out Nickname and private messages has a lower layer priority than the music boxes. Like scrolling through one causes it to appear above it. This is through IE7

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    SinisterEternity, that's a problem on your end. Try clearing your cache and maybe cookies as well. Restart your browser, and check to see if it works.

AdvancedK47, I can't say I know the watchamcallit you're talkin' about...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    More wondering than anything, will our avatar be in the box where the outline of a person is? Next to out notification bar?
    No. For some reason it won't grab onto the phrase and input the avatar there. Tried so many different options of codes for it, too... :/

you are welcome :)

Now if we can just get these random parse errors fixed *sigh*
    I don't know how to fix that. :(

Years
    No. For some reason it won't grab onto the phrase and input the avatar there. Tried so many different options of codes for it, too... :/

Hummm, that is weird. What code do you use for this? Is it HTML or PHP or...?
    I might try and see if I can crack something up if you tell me how you have done it, since I have done a far bit of web design!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It's a php variable.

To staff, reports now show up thanks to Audy fixing it for me. :]

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    About the avatar thing with all the reflection...

I'm not too sure if I like it. Reflection of it doesn't look that good, and seems to stretch the avatar space quite a bit. Could you possibly look into removing it, or at least have a function for people to turn it off?

Years
    Looks like Audy beat me to it! XD

I like the avatar being there, it makes it a little more personal since the notifications follow you in the top right hand corner. Good effort.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I like the refection effect, it'll only take some getting used to XD

I'm sure this style is going to turn out to be a perfect New Years present.

Besides, while the banner is big, why not make the postbit big as well?

Years
    I think it looks good with some avatars, but others it is horrible.

On mine, for example, there is a CLEAR cut where it beings, maybe having a more gradual degrade?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Nice idea on the avatar reflection, but I'm not sure I like it. It might be better on userbars or something as with certain avatars, it's not going to look well. I also kind of dislike how the post bit feel so detached from the post. Possibly give it a blue background (behind the white content table keeping your avatar, posts, userbars etc.) to link up to where your post is displayed? It adds a little unnecessary confusion and looks a little tacky at the moment, to be honest. Or at least jazz it up a little so that it just doesn't look like a block of white. You should have at least added some box shadows on it.

Will there be choices to change the colours? As I love this theme, but there's a little too much blue for my taste.

Edit: Am I to assume that the reflections only appear for other users and I cannot see it on my own post?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    K, I'm testing in the Legacy layout right now, and the postbit is completely detached from the post. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Or if it is, they it's really not very convenient because each of whole posts are expanded unnecessarily.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    About the avatar thing with all the reflection...

I'm not too sure if I like it. Reflection of it doesn't look that good, and seems to stretch the avatar space quite a bit. Could you possibly look into removing it, or at least have a function for people to turn it off?
    The reflection is definitely something I'd like to keep as a static feature for the style. It's just a matter of getting it to work the way I'd like...

Yeah, the reflection is a bit much... could you maybe cut it down a little bit?
    I'd like to, but I don't know javascript well enough to manipulate the code.

Will there be choices to change the colours? As I love this theme, but there's a little too much blue for my taste.
    Yes. There's blue, green, red, and yellow (orange/yellow, rather). My end goal is to make a color slider to determine the hue of it, but that's probably extremely difficult to implement. I wasn't going to show one of these, so I'll just show the green (it's not the original size, so it's a little blurry):

Spoiler:

K, I'm testing in the Legacy layout right now, and the postbit is completely detached from the post. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Or if it is, they it's really not very convenient because each of whole posts are expanded unnecessarily.
    It's like that to remind me to actually get to work on putting it in an actual legacy now. I originally intended it to be permanent, but I don't really like it myself.

Legacy postbit

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm with Audy on that one. Also, I could potentially look into a colour slider for you Nick, so that you simply look at a wheel of colour, choose the hue and it changes to it. I'll get back to you on it, seen it before.
    Alright, I've looked into it. It's done using Jquery, and it works like this. I shall PM you the link, it's for word press, though I'm sure it'll be adaptable to this also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back