• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen New Features

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
    Gen 3 added many new features that impact the Pokemon games to this day. But what ones do you wish they incorporated a bit better and put more emphasis on? One thing I think is they should have put in more Double Battles. I mean, they added this exciting new battle method, which adds layers of strategy to an already strategic game, and there were only a handful (that I can remember) throughout the whole game, which was really disappointing because I love Double Battles. I just thought they could have put more in to really emphasise "Hey, we've made this new method of battling and we want you to experience it as much as possible." What new features in Gen 3 do you think they could've put more emphasis on?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Obviously Pokémon Contest! It should be more complicated than what we had in RSE. I hate to use the anime as reference. However, the anime has definitely done a great job on promoting the Pokémon Contest. Combination moves as seen in the anime isn't necessary, but the Contest Battles is a must. One of the islands from Sevii Islands could have had a Contest Hall as well.

Trick House is sure fun, but they could have offered at least 5 more puzzles for post-game?

They've got the clock for RSE, so why not include a direct day-night system like GSC? FRLG's more worse at this department. The time has been nearly-completely erased!

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
    The E-reader. It could have been more successful in the US if they had included more exclusives and/or content to make the game more interesting. The Pokemon cards at the time with the e-reader codes on them could have utilized those packs better for distribution of items, trainers and even pokemon! That could have boosted the sales of the Pokemon cards and it would remove the need to separately print e-reader cards! Talk about missed opportunities.. If only if only..

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The E-reader. It could have been more successful in the US if they had included more exclusives and/or content to make the game more interesting. The Pokemon cards at the time with the e-reader codes on them could have utilized those packs better for distribution of items, trainers and even pokemon! That could have boosted the sales of the Pokemon cards and it would remove the need to separately print e-reader cards! Talk about missed opportunities.. If only if only..

the e-reader, man wish that thing was used more often.
    My holy goddess, that E-reader completely slipped off my mind as it was close to unavailable. :(

Otherwise, I agree with these posts. I blame either or both Nintendo and Game Freak for the lack of promotion.

Years
    I always loved the double battles feature that this game introduced. It was a nice twist to the battling system in that you had to put some more strategy and also find the perfect core synergy between your Pokemon, and even with some abilities that benefit from double battles as well.

Back