• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New fossils speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Here's my favourite fossil fakemon:
    Spoiler:

Oilaphant and Tarmmoth, Rock / Poison Pokémon revived from the Tusk Fossil
    (By this guy)

Unique typing, distinct from mammoswine, nifty design... What more could one want out of a mammoth fossil Pokémon?

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    If Gen 3 is anything to go off of (based on how Hoenn and Alola are both tropical regions), I'm not going to expect to see a Fossil Pokemon based on a dinosaur this time around, but hopefully I'm proven wrong. Gen 3 gave us Lileep and Anorith, which are both based on creatures from the Paleozoic era; with Lileep being based on Crinoids and Anorith being based on the shrimp-like Anomalocaris. With that in mind, I would love to see a Fossil mon based on this guy:

New fossils speculation

It's an extinct shark called the Helicoprion, which died out during the Triassic period. I know we already have sharks, but can you imagine a shark-like Pokemon that can extend its mouth like a whip to attack the opponent? Not only do I think that would be cool, but the mouth thing could also act as a unique weapon.

I also want to see Fossil Pokemon based on extinct mammal species. If memory serves me right, I don't think we've seen that implemented yet. I really would like to see a Grass / Rock type based on this guy:

New fossils speculation

It's called the Entelodont, also known as "The Pig from Hell". It lived during the Eocene epoch and was one of the top predators of its time. It was mostly an omnivore, but their adaptations show a bias toward eating meat. Entelodonts had very powerful jaws, which could crush bone, so in Pokemon-terms, I can see a Pokemon based on this guy having the Strong Jaws ability.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The only unused combos left for Rock are Rock/Normal, Rock/Electric, Rock/Poison and Rock/Ghost.

I would like a 3rd fossil similar to Aerodactyle that is given without choosing which fossil.

Rock/Normal could be some giant Cave Bear.

I could see a Megalodon.

Years
    Still waiting and hoping for a stegosaurus Pokemon, but fully expecting it not to happen. A region based on Hawaii doesn't seem like the best place to do that, but I guess we'll see.

Worldrush

Worldrush
    Years
    What if a fossil was put in the game based of a legend like the Loch Ness monster? Or maybe a mini story based around finding a fossil rather than just going into a cave digging or breaking rocks. I wouldn't mind seeing more of an ice type fossil pokemon. I think what they tried to do in X/Y was pretty interesting. Maybe like a crab fossil lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    There were a lot of rocks and unidentified fossils in ORAS , so we might have already seen the fossils... Heck maybe the fossils are actually the way you get the legendaries thus time

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    There were a lot of rocks and unidentified fossils in ORAS , so we might have already seen the fossils... Heck maybe the fossils are actually the way you get the legendaries thus time

Really? I didn't know that Where at?

Anyway, I do not know if I have posted here, but I am really hoping for fossils to be based on the 2 main characters of the 1999 Dinosaur Adventure 3D game A Parasaurolophus mainly. They could make it Rock/Fairy and a pterodactyl or pteranodon which would be Rock/Flying.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Look at Steven's house, statues in front of Devon company, things under glass in museums and in devon company's head office and by the fossil revival scientist station

Back