• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New generations looking younger?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well lately I've been having this feeling that not only me, but my entire generation is looking a bit young for their age.
    This feeling especially enhances when I compare my generation with two generations older than me...
    I'm now 4th grade Highscool, and IMO we look younger then the 4th grade did 2 years ago!
    Now maybe it's just the perspective, since I was younger then they were 2 years ago, but the same thing occurs when I compare my generation to those of todays 2-graders!

So what do you think? Did you notice the same thing?

nm legend

Years
    yea that happened to me in middle school long ago..... the newer generations after us to go to the school kept lookin younger and younger

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
    I am not sure what you mean by "younger" I assume you mean the age level who play the games?

IMO, this does not seem to be happening to me... the cooler the pokemon get the older they get for some reason...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I see them not only getting shorter, but more naive. The younger kids at my school look like they should be in 2nd grade.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't see that. My peers look too me like they are the age they should be. Some people have baby faces that make them look younger and others go through puberty before many of their peers while for some it takes awhile. The only thing I noticed is how when I got older everything that I used to think was big seemed smaller.

Years
    Honestly, I think it's just personal perspective, and the fact that you're getting older. I thought my graduating class looked kinda young compared to other graduating classes from other schools, but I chalked that up to it just being that I grew up with the people in my graduating class, so I knew who they were, unlike those at other schools.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well they're 16-17, and they look 15 at most!
    I hope you'll understand what I meant now...
    But it is true, they DO look younger, it's not just my imagination.
    And I agree with InfernoRogue, they're definitely more naive!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Look at the high school year book of your parent's and you'll notice a huge difference between the ages you'd think they were and how old they really are. This is something I noticed years ago. With ever new generation, they just look younger and younger and younger. I don't think it's to the point where they're like 2nd graders, but their faces are often full of youth. That isn't a bad thing, in my opinion, but it certainly is curious.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I see them not only getting shorter, but more naive. The younger kids at my school look like they should be in 2nd grade.

This. It's the second half-term of the year now and most of the Year 7's are still chirpy and fresh. I distinctly remember a lot of my class being incredibly jaded and moody by now... and better looking.

Zet

Years
    Do you mean a generation as a whole or school years?

I myself look like I'm 15/16 after I shave. I guess that just makes me more awesomer than you in terms of looking young.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I blame it on McDonald's! LOL
    You blame a fast food industry on causing people to look more youthful? You do realize that the chemicals and substances they have in their food at McDonalds causes oil, which in turn causes acne, which causes skin problems. Youthfullness is often determined by skin, and is heavily impacted on a personn's diet. When a person's diet is bad, skin breakouts happen from the inside out, which causes the physical appearance to decay. Unhealthy food, such as McDonalds, have unhealthy affects on the body. They don't promote youthful appearances.

Years
    I think I know what you mean by this. There's twins that go to my High school, and they look like they should be in Elementary. It's crazy how young, and small they look. X_X
    I really do wonder why that's happening...

Ayselipera

I know what you mean because I have noticed the same thing you have, but I think it has more to do with your state of mind then the actual appearance of people within your grade. For example the people within your grade are people you have seen for years. So you grow accustomed to the way they look. When you look at grades below you it can seem like they look a lot younger, but in reality your grade probably looked the same when they were at that point. It's just that you've been with these same people for so long that you become used to their faces. You don't notice change because you see them all the time. At the same time I also think it has a bit to do with how you perceive yourself and people around you. For instance I remember thinking I was really mature back in fifth grade not to mention older looking. Now when I look at my old fifth grade pictures I can't believe how childish I looked.

That's just my own theory because I've thought this before too. Sometimes I'll look at kids who are a few grades below me and be shocked at how young they look. After going through some class pictures of when I was their age I realized that we pretty much looked the same. I just perceived myself and my classmates to be older looking because I had the mentality that we were mature. I think it can also work in an opposite way too. You see your classmates as being younger then the class that graduated two years before you, but in reality your class probably has the same amount of youthfulness that grade did at that time.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I think that there are a lot of reasons that make us younger. For one, there is a lot more things that we do to keep active, and a lot more things to keep us buys. We have a majorly different style of dress that is typically seen as younger, thus that reflects on the person wearing the clothes.

I have noticed that people are getting younger, or younger looking. Also, it seems that yonger people are getting older. All the little kids I know swear more than I do. I was at the movie and this ten year old kid said this, "I ****ing hate you, you are such a ******bag, you ****." Now.. what the hell is that? He wasn't the only case either, just one that stuck with me.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    People are definitely getting shorter. When I was fourteen I was about 6'2" and the average of my class was probably about 5'7" or 5'8". When I look at the fourteen year olds in my town, however, the average looks to be about 5'2" or so. Definitely something messed up there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i doubt it's anything to do with a physical change, rather our perception. everyone looks so much older when you're young, and as you grow people of younger age groups appear younger and smaller than you remember seeing when you were a part of those younger age groups. i remember feeling this too, and having to pull out my freshman yearbook to realize my classmates had similar baby-like features to current freshmen that i hadn't noticed they'd grown out of through the years. it's just an illusion.

(in fact, i saw something on the news not too long ago about studies showing the average height of teens increasing every generation. but i could be wrong.)

Back