• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Is it okay if I use some of the chipsets + charsets you've used in your game, rm2k3kid? Also, how do you set the name system up so it actually works, with english text?
    I've got a quite a few maps done already - I've done all the buildings in New Bark Town, and also all the major events. :P

On another note, I'll probably set up a small web site for this project, so all the updates will be posted there. It'll take me a while, as I've not actually set up a good web site before, as I've never really had a need to. :)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Yeah you can use my chipsets and charsets. And for the name system if your using rm2k3 just copy my rpg_rt.exe file into your game folder overwriting the original if your using rm2k you'll have to download a fix for it. If you need any help with anything else feel free to ask :D .

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanx, rm2k3kid! :)
    Do you know any good method of creating a clock system? All I've got right now is a stopwatch in the background providing a nice short 60 minute day. :)

Jason, don't spam.

Last edited:

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • Well since you change it to RM2K you should have a mod move this the the RM2K forum, any way have any screenshots?

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I don't have any screenshots just yet, and i'll move to the rm2k forum soon, when I have a couple of screenies. I currently need some help from any good graphic artists - I need a cool-looking menuscreen background, 320x240 .PNG image, with the title 'Pok?mon Lunar Silver' on and either a sillouette of Lugia or Umbreon in front of the moon. If anyone could do this for me that would really be appreciated. :)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Jason, are you dis-respecting me? Because you're spamming! So by that you're dis-repecting me because you're spamming in my part of the forum. Last time I checked, I was a mod, so knock it off!

Anyway, Yamichi, why don't I just move this forum for ya? I'll just remove the "hacks" part of the thread. *Movesie*

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yes, I would like this thread moved. And Miroku, I've got some screenies now, so I've attached them to this message :).

EDIT: I forgot to attach the piccies! -_-

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Welcome to RM2K.

The only downside would be the battle system
    Krazy and DM are currently in the process of creating an authentic battle and item system which will be released to the public so you could use that.
    Good luck with your game!

-Edit- Nice screens.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Looks great! Keep up the work and good luck with RM2K(3). Oh and by the way, those screens are looking pretty good so far.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • for the clock sys

<>Wait: 1.0sec
    <>Variable: [001:Seconds] + , 1
    <>IF - THEN:Var[001:Seconds] - 60
    <>Variable: [001:Seconds]Set, 0
    <>Variable: [002:Minutes] + , 1
    <>
    :END Case
    <>IF - THEN:Var[002:Minutes] - 60
    <>Variable: [001:Seconds]Set, 0
    <>Variable: [002:Minutes]Set, 0
    <>Variable: [003:Hours] + , 1
    <>
    :END Case
    <>
    Our you could just copy mine from liquid...

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanks for the support guys!
    Oh, and rm2k3kid, I tried something similar once but it made the game run slowly :(, so I changed it to the one I have now...

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    No, Booda Sack, the idea I had started out as a hack of Pok?mon Ruby, but after experimenting a bit with RPG Maker 2003 I decided to restart it on RM2K3. So, yeah, it's in the right forum.
    On another note, I am requesting for a charset of Kamon, the rival in GSC, and for Marina, the girl you can play as in Crystal. (I'll just use these names 'coz they're easy to remember :) )

Years
  • I like the sound of your game.. Can't see the screens though, just my comp and pokecommunity don't clash very well... I am actually suprised to see someone convert a hack into an rm2k3 game and still know what they're talking about, let alone being a good coder. I am going to start work on the battle system again very soon (I wont bore you with the reasons) If you want you could use that.
    Umm have you made the clock thing a parallel process? (just checking)

Does DM have any problems with your game name? His game is called Pokemon Lunar..
    Hope you do well on your game and give us some updates :P

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thank you for offering your battle system for me to use! I look forward to using it! :)

Yeah, I did set it as a parallel process. Maybe it was slow because I have a fairly slow computer (I still have only a 1GHz Processor!), but 1GHz should still be fast enough to not cause any speed problems, huh? Anyway, I don't mind too much, as the clock won't run outside of the game anyway, and I'm quite happy with the one I have.

And, I don't think DarkMage31 has any problems with the name yet considering they are slightly different (mine is Lunar Silver, not Lunar), but if he does I don't mind changing them to something else...
    As a little bit of history on the name, I originally got the idea from the from the line 'Golden Sun + Silver Moon' in the japanese opening 'OK!'.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I'll probably release a demo after I have done Violet City. But, I'm still looking for some resources - charsets of Kamon + Prof. Elm, a better BGM for Cherrygrove City, and I also need to make a title screen background, so it will probably be a while yet. When I get a charset of Kamon + Prof. Elm I will post some screenies of New Bark Town + Elm's Lab. :P

Back