• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here, hoping to meet some cool people :D

Years
    Hey guys, I'm Emeraldite, but you can call me Brad (real name) or Emerald for short. I'm brand-new to these forums, but certainly not to Pokemon. At 19 (almost 20) I guess I'm a bit of an older fan, but I got sort of a late start to the Pokemon games, with my first being FireRed. My namesake is my favorite core series game to date, Emerald, although I think every Pokemon game thus far is fun in its own way.

I'm hoping to make some friends here, as I don't have many-- in real life or online-- who share my love for Pokemon. Up until a few years ago I was mainly just a casual player/collector, but over the past few years I've really gotten into competitive battling, so a lot of my time has gone into breeding/EV training to create a decent arsenal of 'mons. I'm still not very good xD but I've definitely made some progress. I've never done a Nuzlocke or any kind of challenge before but I'm contemplating starting one soon to put a little more spice into my playthroughs.

A little about myself in person: I'm a college student majoring in Business Economics with a minor in Journalism. My dream is to eventually become some sort of journalist (preferably a sports journalist but I'll take what I can get lol). I currently work for a minor league baseball team; I should probably mention that I have an unhealthy obsession with baseball, haha.

Anyhow that's about it, if you'd like to know anything else just ask :) if you want to battle, trade, or just chat (be it Pokemon-related or something else), feel free to message me, I don't bite haha. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you :)

Years
    Hey, Brad! Welcome to PC! My first game was very similar to yours (LeafGreen), as was my path through the series itself. A friend introduced me to competitive Pokemon a few years ago, and I haven't looked back since! What tiers do you play? My main (and best) tier is definitely Ubers, but I'm willing to play pretty much anything. I hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to PM me if you want to battle or chat!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, I'm Emeraldite, but you can call me Brad (real name) or Emerald for short. I'm brand-new to these forums, but certainly not to Pokemon. At 19 (almost 20) I guess I'm a bit of an older fan, but I got sort of a late start to the Pokemon games, with my first being FireRed. My namesake is my favorite core series game to date, Emerald, although I think every Pokemon game thus far is fun in its own way.

I'm hoping to make some friends here, as I don't have many-- in real life or online-- who share my love for Pokemon. Up until a few years ago I was mainly just a casual player/collector, but over the past few years I've really gotten into competitive battling, so a lot of my time has gone into breeding/EV training to create a decent arsenal of 'mons. I'm still not very good xD but I've definitely made some progress. I've never done a Nuzlocke or any kind of challenge before but I'm contemplating starting one soon to put a little more spice into my playthroughs.

A little about myself in person: I'm a college student majoring in Business Economics with a minor in Journalism. My dream is to eventually become some sort of journalist (preferably a sports journalist but I'll take what I can get lol). I currently work for a minor league baseball team; I should probably mention that I have an unhealthy obsession with baseball, haha.

Anyhow that's about it, if you'd like to know anything else just ask :) if you want to battle, trade, or just chat (be it Pokemon-related or something else), feel free to message me, I don't bite haha. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you :)
    Welcome to PC, Brad! I really like your username, simple but creative c:

I use PC as an outlet for all things nerdy haha. It's a really nice place to hang out at on the internet. I wish you luck with your breeding and training, and do try a Nuzlocke! It's a lot of fun, even if it can be challenging at times. What's a game without a challenge? (; See you around!

Years
    Hey, Brad! Welcome to PC! My first game was very similar to yours (LeafGreen), as was my path through the series itself. A friend introduced me to competitive Pokemon a few years ago, and I haven't looked back since! What tiers do you play? My main (and best) tier is definitely Ubers, but I'm willing to play pretty much anything. I hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to PM me if you want to battle or chat!

Thanks for the kind words! When I started competitive battling I pretty much played OU exclusively, but since then I've dipped into most of the lower tiers (UU, RU, NU, and PU). I guess OU is still my main tier, although I like playing the lower tiers often since it can get boring seeing the same mons over and over in OU, lol. RU is probably my best tier, except the recent Mega Steelix ban really screwed my main RU team xD I've had an idea for an Ubers team that I've been meaning to test out on Showdown for a while now but have never gotten around to. It definitely looks like a fun tier so I'll have to get on that soon!

Welcome to PC, Brad! I really like your username, simple but creative c:

I use PC as an outlet for all things nerdy haha. It's a really nice place to hang out at on the internet. I wish you luck with your breeding and training, and do try a Nuzlocke! It's a lot of fun, even if it can be challenging at times. What's a game without a challenge? (; See you around!

Haha I was hoping that's what PC would be; I've been on other Pokemon forums previously but this one appears much more active than any other. And I think I've decided on a Pokemon X Nuzlocke. Hopefully it can make what usually feels like an easy game a bit more challenging :D

Back