• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here~

Digitama

don't stop pata pata
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2012
    Hey! :t108: I'm Kyle~

Just registered today after lurking for the past few weeks. I just started up SoulSilver again, and I've been really addicted.

I've mainly joined because I want to take advantage of the online features. I've never really used the trading/battling with any of my friends because I honestly don't know anyone that plays anymore. LOL. I currently don't have a friend code to give out because SS won't let me connect to my router due to the security (Anyone have any advice on this? I use a 3DS, so I'm guessing it's the actual game). So before my first trade, I'll have to fix a few things. Of course, I want to be able to make new friends along the way and stuff~

I'm currently at a loss of where to go for trading because it seems like the trading corner is for shops/permanent threads... I'm guessing I start a thread on the Quick Trade? I'm mainly looking to trade starters that I plan on breeding (Piplup, Chimchar, Turtwig, and a Kanto starter that I've yet to pick) for other starters that I won't have access to (cyndaquil *sadly can't de-evolve my Typhlosion*, Totodile, Chikorita, Kanto starters, any starters tbh). And I'm looking for a Victini since I had to sell my old copy of White. =3= I miss my bb.

Anyways, tl;dr
    I'm new, and anyone can send a PM if you want to get to know me. :) I also have a tumblr.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
    Years
  • Hellow Digitama. Nice account name for a Digifan! :3
    A big welcome to you in PokéCommunity.

Oh well...I will not be a great help for you. I never used trade/battle online too, because I do not know how to put the internet or connection on my DS...You should wait some veterans online players that will answer you. You can aslo contact Cirno, she's a great moderator. Anyway, all moderators in there are very nice :3

I was addicted to SS too. I liked that my Pokémon following me and all, that pretty cute! Anyway I always liked Crystal, it is my favourite version of Pokémon. So that explain why...

As you see there are threads about battle/trade, you should read rules in there before to post something.

If you need any help or just talk, feel free :3
    But, first, enjoy your stay in PC, and meet a lot of Pokéfans, because we have all one thing in common: our love for Pokémon!

See you~

:7:

Flydro

doobz
    Years
  • hey what's up Kyle, welcome to PC! I just joined here not too long ago since I got back into playing pokemon again and it's def been fun. I'm playing Soul Silver too, it was the first "new" game I bought since I lost all my old games a long time ago but it feels good to be playing again. Oh and don't feel too bad about not being able to use the online features yet, I'm in the same boat and haven't experienced it because of the same reasons as you haha. But have fun here and enjoy your stay! Feel free to message me if ya need anything or wanna be friends

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hey there! Glad you decided to join us after so long lurking, as you say. I loved HGSS too, by far the most addictive games for me. I played the Japanese Soul Silver and the English Heart Gold, and loved both!

Luckily for you the trade corner is always busy here on PC. However if you're looking to fix your route issue I found the official Nintendo site to be the biggest help for me. Networking can be a pain, but hopefully you can get it working! You could always good the errors too. That's what I had to do and eventually I got it going!

The best place to start is the Quick Trade thread. Though you can also apply for trades within those big trade threads you see. The best people to ask about where to begin trading are TwilightBlade and Twistedpuppy, the moderators of the section. Both really nice people who would love to help you out in their free time! I know how daunting the trade corner can be, I was once an avid trader myself!

I hope it all goes well for you here at PokéCommunity, see you around!

Digitama

don't stop pata pata
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcomes! :3 You're all so kind. I'll be sure to read through the trading rules, and contact the people you've all listed if I have any questions. :)

Years
  • Hiya Kyle, welcome to PC! :3

Glad you finally decided to register, never too late to get involved in the forum. ^^ There are a lot of members interested in trading and/or battling here, so you'll definitely find someone to help you out! Being able to connect with people all over the world through WiFi makes Pokemon even more awesome than before, so it's too bad you can't find to play with in real life, but thankfully there will always be someone out there now with the addition of wireless trading and battling. You'll always have options~!

And yeah, the Quick Trade will be your best bet if you don't have over 20 different species to create your own thread. Wish I could help you out, but I'm still sitting on a very bad wireless connection myself. D: Hopefully you get your router/game issue resolved soon; I'm sadly no tech wizard when it comes to routers so I can't assist you. But that's nothing some messing around on Google can't fix, usually!

Anyway, I hope you've been enjoying your stay here so far. <3 We're all friendly and would love to have you, so stick around, all right? Feel free to contact me if you need any help around here!

Years
  • Hey! :t108: I'm Kyle~

Just registered today after lurking for the past few weeks. I just started up SoulSilver again, and I've been really addicted.

I've mainly joined because I want to take advantage of the online features. I've never really used the trading/battling with any of my friends because I honestly don't know anyone that plays anymore. LOL. I currently don't have a friend code to give out because SS won't let me connect to my router due to the security (Anyone have any advice on this? I use a 3DS, so I'm guessing it's the actual game). So before my first trade, I'll have to fix a few things. Of course, I want to be able to make new friends along the way and stuff~

I'm currently at a loss of where to go for trading because it seems like the trading corner is for shops/permanent threads... I'm guessing I start a thread on the Quick Trade? I'm mainly looking to trade starters that I plan on breeding (Piplup, Chimchar, Turtwig, and a Kanto starter that I've yet to pick) for other starters that I won't have access to (cyndaquil *sadly can't de-evolve my Typhlosion*, Totodile, Chikorita, Kanto starters, any starters tbh). And I'm looking for a Victini since I had to sell my old copy of White. =3= I miss my bb.

Anyways, tl;dr
    I'm new, and anyone can send a PM if you want to get to know me. :) I also have a tumblr.

Hello Kyle, welcome!

Nice username you have, and is that TK from Digimon who is in your avatar/sig?

We're glad you finally came, cos it's never too late to join. We have loads of members who you can talk to, and we have a few traders and battlers among them so I'm sure someone will give you tips.

SoulSilver was such a great game, it helped remind me of the nostalgia that G/S/C bought. Sad you had to sell White, but I hope you get Black 2 or White 2 someday. I still have yet to play those two to be honest but I will be getting Black 2 later this year, cos I don't wanna be left out.

And as Cirno said, the Quick Trade Thread is a great place to ask for small trades, unfortunately I'm not a trader or battler due to wi-fi difficulties but you'll have fun in both the Trade Corner and Battle Center.

Stick around and I'm always available for a chat.

- Hikari10

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Kyle! I hope you have a great time. You'll find good trades in the Trade Corner. Use the quick trade thread for quick trades. Enjoy your time here :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Bonjour Kyle, welcome aboard. Digimon? I used to play that until I got myself hooked with Pokemon. I'm still a loyal fan!

SoulSilver? That's still a fun game even with the release of the exciting B2W2, goddamn awesome! I used to experinece some problems while setting up my Wi-Fi connection too. Do u so happen to know your router's WEP key? That may help, it sure helped me.

Since I don't have most of the Pokemon you want, I guess that's all from me >.< If u wanna chat, just VM me!

Huv fun~

~Mid~

Digitama

don't stop pata pata
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks for the welcomes! :3 I've never really encountered this many welcomes in a forum before. I love it. xD

Yeah, I absolutely love Digimon. I just bought the first season DVD set after waiting for so long. TK and Patamon are my favorite characters/team~

I finally figured out my router's issue. My ISP just loves to hide the security options. Man, I hate them so much. LOL.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    *furiously hatches Digitama* Come on Poyomon!

Hi~ Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Ya the Trade Forum has a lot of shops, so if you want small things its usually easier to browse the Quick Trade thread and work out deals. Really browsing the Trade Shops could benefit you greatly. Some of them are really good shops that have open breeding requests, so if you've ever wanted that perfect, top percentil Rattata like Joey's you can ask them there.

A lot of them RNG too for the best IV's.

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
    Years
  • Hello! I love HGSS, two of my favorite games! I usually use Chikorita, it's just so gosh-darn cute! Plus it's a dinosaur (Dinosaur fanatic here). It's bulky, can learn great support moves and can be great at sweeping if you let it! My favorite combo on it is Safeguard + Petal Dance. It won't become confused with that combo!

Back