• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New HG/SS Japanese Trailer & Pokemon Festa Video Discussion

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
  • Whats the racing about? that looks interesting, although i'm guessing its wi-fi related =/
    the gameplay looks good, but the starter costantly following you will annoy me.

Ah, I believe you are talking about the minigame, Pokethlon. A racing minigame where you can race pokemon and just over hurdles while competing against others, i believe. If not, sorry for my misleading information ;P

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
  • Huh. That probably would've been awesome with the proper audio (and without 30+ seconds of completely unnecessary titles at the beginning and end).

Guess I'll wait for the high quality version before I judge it...

Years
  • Hello,
    geez that takes me back. The greates edi. of pokémon.
    Rly looking forward to the release. :D

s0n1c

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, I believe you are talking about the minigame, Pokethlon. A racing minigame where you can race pokemon and just over hurdles while competing against others, i believe. If not, sorry for my misleading information ;P
    No its 5 events for each stat that involves wrestling and such.
    Actually, the DS isn't rendering that at all. :O
    So then its not from the game or is it but its like a pre loaded video?

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
  • 3D scenes were good, but uhm...The sprite for Raikou...meh >< Looks like its about to offer you its paw, rather than zap you with electric powerz.

And Suicune has the same damn backsprite as the ugly Plat one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Racing part looks cool.
    And I want to see female back sprite already D: We've only ever seen the male.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Here's a link to another version of the video for those who don't notice something two posts above, btw...(again, you'll just have to deal with the bits before, after and in-between segments with unrelated music and text-on-white-background scenes before you can see it again) - some sound, but low quality, followed by a WiFi Battle between Johto Pokemon - Double Battle at level 5. (With Egg Moves a-plenty!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=239Wm4YmlM0

The WiFi Battle was decent to watch, I suppose - hurrah for a level 5 battle to be different, and I was amused by yet another instance of people yelling 'Chikorita!' when it appeared. (It really appears to be a popular Pokemon in Japan, judging by all of the videos with it...) The trailer video was ok as well, but nothing there that's really new (Spout Tower, but eh), and the 3D stuff looked nice, it's just for show and all - not really in the game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Here's a link to another version of the video for those who don't notice something two posts above, btw...(again, you'll just have to deal with the bits before, after and in-between segments with unrelated music and text-on-white-background scenes before you can see it again) - some sound, but low quality, followed by a WiFi Battle between Johto Pokemon - Double Battle at level 5. (With Egg Moves a-plenty!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=239Wm4YmlM0

The WiFi Battle was decent to watch, I suppose - hurrah for a level 5 battle to be different, and I was amused by yet another instance of people yelling 'Chikorita!' when it appeared. (It really appears to be a popular Pokemon in Japan, judging by all of the videos with it...) The trailer video was ok as well, but nothing there that's really new (Spout Tower, but eh), and the 3D stuff looked nice, it's just for show and all - not really in the game.
    Unfortunately I ninja'd you.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4876871&postcount=30

Years
  • In other news, I'm sick to death of that video poster's ugly uninspired "intros".

(Note to self: Welcome to the internets YouTube reality.)
    They're not just putting 35 seconds of slide transitions for the hell of it. It's a conspiracy from Google and the ISPs to make sure they can get as much time and data allowance out of you as possible. :D

The CG bit at the start was nice, I hope they integrate that sort of quality into the next Pokemon RPG for Wii.

I'm starting to think there might be more to the following pokemon than we know - as if they got to the Slowpoke Well without out getting Cyndaquil to Lv14 =/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I'm willing to think that these games will suffice everyone's thirst for this generation. I mean, Emerald literally made Colosseum redundant and you can get all the Pokémon now (again). Maybe if Pokéthlon replaces the awesomeness that were Stadium's minigames, then things would be interesting.
    What would make it interesting is if it were to be the new contest.

Years
  • Yes! The backsprite of the new girl and Gold's battle sprite looks awesome! Thank you for posting the video of the double battle! Thank you so much! Phanpy looks way cuter than I expected. Hoothoot and Farfetch'd look really cool as well. I really like the battle music.

(And thanks for the second Japanese commercial! I see the clip of Lugia in Whirl Islands! Awesome! :))

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yes! The backsprite of the new girl and Gold's battle sprite looks awesome! Thank you for posting the video of the double battle! Thank you so much! Phanpy looks way cuter than I expected. Hoothoot and Farfetch'd look really cool as well.

(And thanks for the second Japanese commercial! I see the clip of Lugia in Seafoam Islands! Awesome! :))
    You mean Whirl Islands correct?

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
  • That looks awesome though its only a Japanese release. Will they send out copies to other People?....

Back