• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New If You Were A Gym Leader

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    This thread is for users to write about what pokemon they would have, the layout of the gym etc. if they were a gym leader.

MY GYM
    Type: Dark/Ghost
    Leader: Hayden
    Layout: First Room has two doors, one door leads to a maze, the other to a pitch-black maze where the player must use flash. There are holes in each maze which lead back to the first floor. The player must complete the maze. If they complete the pitch-black maze, the player will go into a corridor which leads to the lighted maze. Trainers are hiding in the mazes. This keeps going on for three floors. Gym Leader at the end of the last lighted maze.

GYM LEADER POKEMON
    Gengar LVL 30
    Sableye LVL 32
    Haunter LVL 28
    Absol LVL 35

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Type:Ice
    Leader:Christopher
    Layout:Iced floors like in Sootopolis 5 levels high instead of 3
    Pokemon:
    Abomasnow Lv45
    Glaceon Lv46
    Lapras Lv44
    Glalie Lv45
    Walrien Lv48

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I would be a mixed type trainer but use Flying type for gym battles.

Type: Flying

Leader: Damien

A big city in a temperate-climate new region.

Layout: A multi-story skyscraper gym made of glass and steel like the proposed Gaudi Building in New York (a pick ~ https://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1042911493595_2003/01/23/24n_tower,0.jpg). The building's different levels would have different training situations (accuracy test, speed challenge etc.) for the gym's trainers to improve and I myself would take challengers at the top of the skyscraper where the dome would open out to become open-air. For challengers to first reach me they must beat other trainers on different levels.

The city location would be central and easy for trainers to reach and give me good access to entertainment, transport etc. As I flying leader I would be able to escape the smog of the city any time I felt like taking a hiatus. During this time I could tour other gyms etc. to hone my own skills or just chill out with friends in places like Resort Gorgeous in the Sevii Islands or skiing on Mt. Coronet.

Pokemon: My team would vary depending on which ones need the most work but Skarmory and Drifblim would be used commonly and Altaria would have a permenant place as my "signature" pokemon.

I would also have a Castform, Wailmer, Ralts etc. as personal, non-gym pokemon.

Ayselipera

Leader: Mallory
    Location: I guess you could throw it in Floaroma Meadow/Town. Even if I do hate Sinnoh. :3
    Layout: I'd keep it simple. The gym would have a grass floor with tons of decorative flowers and plants. I would just have gym trainers going up in a zig zag pattern leading up to me.

GYM LEADER POKEMON
    - Victreebel LV - 45
    - Vileplume LV - 42
    - Sunflora LV - 44
    - Jumpluff LV - 42
    - Cradily LV - 41

• This is if I was the last gym leader and those are in no particular order.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Type: Water w/ combinations of electric, ground, and steel..and ice
    Leader: Ed
    Layout: I don't like how some of the gyms have layouts that are too easy to get through. Personally I'd make my layout challenging. I'd have a huge lake in the gym at the base of a watefall that is frozen in some parts w/ the water pouring down into it. On the floor above (where the watefall starts) I'd be waiting for the trainers to make it up to challenge me, and on top of it would be these sort of plates that are like magnetic plates, but they are able to sense when you connect the right plates to each other. If you don't they flash red or make a buzzer sound and send you tumbling down below the lake where there would be like 10 trainers waiting to battle you (sorta like in sotopolis gym just on a larger scale). You wouldn't have to battle all 10 there, you'd battle whichever one spotted you and if you won (more than likely) the plate you fell down on would send you back up to master the puzzle. However, each time you failed you'd get sent back down to battler another one or two trainers that have higher leveled pokemon. Sounds difficult? It wouldn't be, I'd like to be the 8th gym and the most difficult trainer's pkmn levels wouldn't rise any higher than the last gym's strongest pkmn. If you mastered the puzzle, then the plates would make sort of a weird design and float up in the sky making a sky case ^^ leading you all the way up to me (which would be in this huge area at the top of the waterfall. There we would battle.

My pkmn:
    Swampert
    Empoleon
    Wailmer
    Lapras
    Lantern
    and a frosslass that would alternate w/ one of my pkmn every once in awhile...

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    (Unofficial gym)
    Type:Poison
    Leader: Zane
    Layout: Toxic Swamp, Challenger would have to defeat trainers and solve puzzles to shift the floating platform.
    Pokemon: Gengar, Roserade, Venasaur, Grimer, Arbok

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Shuckle gym

SHUCKLE GYM
    Type: Rock, with fire and bug
    Leader: Shuck
    Layout: Outside is a giant shuckle shell, with shuckles living in 6 squares of grass, outside of the building, a giant shuckle shell, with a 15 percent chance of getting a shiny. Inside, you see a red bridge, and a big shuckle shell. You go inside, battle, and get boosted out through the top entrance, and see a fire. You must use the move surf to douse the water, and fight another trainer. After beating him, he gives you a HM, dive. You use this to dive and get a shuckle shell. Then you insert it into a hole in the wall, and make a waterfall, Use waterfall, and surf up it. Then, after another trainer battle,you go up some rock stairs. You end up in a soccer field, with two nets. Just use rock smash to hit it 4 squares, and score a goal on an opponent, battle him, and then use cut to allow the nets to move, and then push them together. They form a cannon that shoots you up to another shuckle shell, and then battle the gym leader.

GYM LEADER POKEMON
    Shuckle LVL 82
    Infernape LVL 79
    Delibird LVL 70
    Shiny Shuckle LVL 98
    Gulpin LVL 86
    Swalot LVL 86

When you beat, you get 5 shiny potions, that turn a Pokemon into a shiny.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Type: Dragon/Fire

Pokemon:

Magmar- Lvl 58
    Dragonair- Lvl 56
    Dragonite- Lvl 58
    Rapidash- Lvl 56
    Charizard- lvl 60

Years
    Type: I'd do away with type and go with a theme: an outer space theme
    Leader: Soledad
    Layout: It'd be decorated like the surface of the moon, all grey and rocky, with a big crater the challengers would have to walk, slowly spiraling toward the center, facing gym peons along the way, until they reach the bottom where the leader waits.

GYM LEADER POKEMON:
    - Clefable
    - Starmie
    - Solrock
    - Lunatone
    - Magnezone

Levels would be whatever is appropriate.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I would use reptile Pokemon. My team would contain...
    Kecleon
    Tropius
    Lickitung
    Sceptile
    Charizard

The gym would be located in a tropical place so it would be easy for me to find plenty of reptilian Pokemon. The layout of the gym would be simple, I would be too eager to battle to wait for my opponant to find their way out of a maze.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Type: Poison
    Leader: Tommy
    Layout: A basic labyrinth made with rocks through murky swamp terrain. Reach dead ends and Ninja Boys jump out at you. When you reach a junction, battle a Super Nerd to learn the right way to go. :P

GYM LEADER POKEMON
    lv.43 Roserade (Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed/Ingrain/Giga Drain)
    lv.44 Weezing (Toxic/Swagger/Explosion/Destiny Bond)
    lv.43 Tenacruel (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Barrier)
    lv.44 Muk (Toxic/Poison Jab/Rock Slide/Curse)
    lv.45 Drapion (Swords Dance/Cross Posion/Night Slash/Crunch)
    lv.47 Crobat (Poison Fang/Fly/Confuse Ray/Double Team)

:D

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    OKAY GUIZ DIS IS MY JIM!

Type: Grass
    Leader: Chuck-Mutha-F***ing-Norris! Forrest

Fancy Stuff: So yeah, the gym layout would prolly be like Fortree, excetp turned into a dungeon with multiple levels. You would eventually enter the husk of an enormous, scorched tree that was no longer alive, but still standing. Upon climing through the inside of the tree, like a tower, you would exit on one of it's branches, high above the rest of the forest. Here, you would face the leader. His ludicolo has a damp rock, and he tries to keep that alive as a priority, making rain a constant factor in the battle.

Pogeymans:
    Jumpluff (Sleep Powder, U-Turn, Leech Seed, Protect)
    Ludicolo (Rain Dance, Surf, Leech Seed, Ice Beam)
    Jumpluff (Sleep Powder, Whirlwind, U-Turn, Leech Seed)
    Ninetales (Energy Ball, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Dream Eater*)
    Torterra (Earthquake, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Crunch)
    *His 'tales doesn't have hypnosis, but it's for the mons but to sleep by the jumpluff, since they don't stay in unless it's the first one protectin'.

Levels I guess would be whatever's good for your point in game. This would be in a forest that has parts with a bunch of scorched and dying trees, as well as regular patches where the trees are fine. You'd get the Renewal badge and a TM for leech seed.

PachiPachi

The Pachirisu freak!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    My gym
    Type: Electric
    Leader: ME
    Layout: A random maze with electrocuted walls where you have to battle trainers to move on. Its very easy to get lost in.

Pokemon:
    Electivire
    Pachirisu
    Lanturn
    Luxray

The badge would be the Volt badge and a TM for Thunder.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    My gym

Layout: Same as R/S/E but with trainers on the floors with no cracks.

Pokemon:

(First Match):
    Skarmory lvl 47
    Staraptor lvl 49
    Honchkrow lvl 50

(Rematch/Post Elite 4):
    Skarmory lvl 67
    Salamence lvl 69
    Aerodactyl lv 68
    Charizard lvl 67
    Rayquaza lvl 70

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gym Leader: Haza (Me)
    Type: Poison
    Location: Cyanide City, a very polluted and smoggy city where only deady plants, and Poison and Fire type Pokemon can survive.
    Layout: Coming in from the city, the gym is a breath of fresh air. It is covered in beautiful roses of every color. Follow a certain pattern to reach Haza.
    Pokemon:

(First Match):
    Skuntank lvl 47
    Houndoom lvl 49
    Roserade (shiny) lvl 50

(Rematch/Post Elite 4):
    Seviper lvl 69
    Arbok lvl 69
    Roserade lv70
    Houndoom lvl 70
    Weezing lvl 70
    Roserade (shiny) lvl 72

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Oh this is hard.....
    Leader: Hamilton
    Layout: first there is a maze of trees and trainers to get to the gym- then you have to go through the obstacles to get through 4 floors of trainers (unless you use the move FLY, which it takes you right to me)

Pokemon
    Delibird Lv 39
    Pidgeot Lv 42

Rematch
    Delibird Lv 53
    Swellow Lv 53
    Altaria Lv 54
    Salamance Lv 55
    Staraptor Lv 56
    Pidgeot Lv 58

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Type: Psychic
    Leader: Neo
    Layout: Maybe somthing like the transproting tiles in saffron?
    Pokemon:
    Gardevoir Lv 40
    Gallade Lv 40
    Mr mime Lv 39
    Hypno Lv 38
    Alakazam Lv 41

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
    Type: Grass
    Leader: Lilka
    Layout: Thick forest-like maze,even thicker than Gardenia's gym and wider area

Pokemon:
    Oddish LV20
    Weepinbell LV24

Skiploom LV22
    Tropius LV24

Pokemon (Post-E4):

Vileplum LV 60
    Victreebel LV60
    Jumpfluff LV60
    Tropius LV70
    Leafeon LV70
    Tangrowth LV70

Snooki Polizzi

I'm no guido. I'm a guidette.
    Years
    If I was a gym leader it would be located at a Tanning Salon/Dance Club!

My Roster:
    A Shiny Tan Jynx
    Machop Guido Style
    Machoke Guido Style
    Machamp Guido Style
    and finally Buffaroo

My Badge:
    For winning you recive a life-long pass to the tanning salon, making your character in-game as tan as you want them to be!

SethOmega

I'm hiding in your hat.
    Years
    UNKOWN GYM
    Type: Mixed
    Leader: Seth
    Layout: Unknown Gym is set on a large course, that is surrounded by a large gate. The the goal is to navigate the course, usining hints provided, and find Seth. The area includes a forrest, a mountain, a cave, and a beach. The area is randomised whenever you enter, so Seth could be in any one of four areas.

Seth's Pokemon
    Marshtomp - 63
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Take Down
    Gardevoir - 63
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Confusion
    Toxic
    Aggron - 58
    Iron Tail
    Take Down
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Mightyena - 54
    Bite
    Crunch
    Take Down
    Thief
    Nidoking - 56
    Water Pulse
    Rock Tomb
    Fire Blast
    Megahorn

The Badge: If you manage to defeat Seth, you earn the Omega Badge. earning this badge makes all captured Pokemon obey you, and you get the TM Earthquake.

(Just so you know, I put my real Pokemon Sapphire team as the pokemon.)

Back