• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Level-Up/Egg Moves

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    New Movesets/Egg Moves to change competitive battling?

I guess this is just a mere theory but how do you guys react to the fact that some Pokemon in HG/SS have different movesets to D/P/Pt - the games they'll probably be connecting to to battle. No you think it's fair, unfair or nothing's really changed at all?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Nasty Plot Mismagius = in-game beast, etc.
    The lack of Flare Blitz Flareon makes me sad though. ;-;

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I guess this is just a mere theory but how do you guys react to the fact that some Pokemon in HG/SS have different movesets to D/P/Pt - the games they'll probably be connecting to to battle. No you think it's fair, unfair or nothing's really changed at all?
    Well, I'm sure we were all probably expecting move changes since that happens with every new game. I don't think it's unfair since the games can trade with each other, so you can give DPPt Pokemon HgSs moves and the other way around. It's just a matter of having the games or having someone willing to teach your Pokemon the move.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Lugia has caught my attention! It now has Dragon Rush!

I also like the Power Whip Bulbasaur and the Extremespeed Dratini.

rukhavi

Desert Wanderer
    Years
    Just off of what I was already looking into i can see two i do like seeing
    Umbreon w/ heal bell : Umbreon w/ Wish Heal Bell Protect and Yawn will be a stall team's best friend. Cradily with Curse : the only glaring weakness with my old Restalk Cradily was substandard def. An unphazable 1.5 sdef sandstorm boosted + 3 curse cradily is going to hurt some things set up properly
    EDIT: oh and one of my fave starters torterra looks jacked with block and
    stockpile on top of its pretty good def and support

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well string shot could come in handy couldnt it! It reduces your fores speed, just because a lv 3 warmple has it doesnt mean its useless!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    yeah, no move is useless, not even splash! when i have a battle with my friend i keep ennoying him with my Lv.99 magikarp's SPLaSH! so string shot would do good too!

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    wow. and for 32 bp
    you can teach it something way better for that price

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    32 BP is nothing.
    Stringshot is a very good move if your a strategic battler, not an all out attack attack attack sort of battler.
    Stringshot has gotten me out of a few tight situations.
    Such as constant use throughout the battle to reduce their speed to as low as I can get it and when it comes down to a tough battle with them on low HP and me on low HP(and equipped with Quick Claw AND having stringshot spammed the opponent), I always win.

It wouldn't be there if it was useless.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
    New Level-Up/Egg Moves

It was her idea!

Maybe Gamefreak thought it would be hilarious?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I ain't against String Shot or anything, but there are better speed lowering moves like Icy Wind, Mud Shot, Trick Room (depending on the Pokemon in battle, of course), and just paralyzing the opponent. Making it 32 BP is kind of a rip off, though. Just my two cents.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    I've saw that 3 days before.

I know a useless and pointless way to use the String Shot Move Turtor :

1)Go with your Caterpie to the Move Delete-Man and delete String Shot.
    2)Then you go to the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier and collect 32 B.P. (I don't know what you can earn at the Battle Frontier).
    3)After that you go to the Move Tutor. Tada! Your Caterpie has learned Sting Shot! xD

Back