• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New locations?

pkmin3033

Or some surfing routes. Surprised by how Alola lacked so many...
    I think that was to avoid comparisons with ORAS, honestly...after all, the "too much water" meme would have inevitably surfaced if we had been able to Surf/Dive along routes between islands, even though the island setup practically begged for that.

I wonder this time if we'll be able to do that too, now that Alola has established itself as something separate. It'd be a nice way to expand the region without expanding the region.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Pretty sure we'll get a few new areas at the very least, maybe even a new island if we're lucky. What would be cool if Akala Island split into smaller islands due to a volcanic eruption.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    maybe new island to explore in the post game, and make the 8 open slots gyms as well as trails.
    maybe trails for in game and gyms for post game..

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I don't expect any more islands but I do expect new areas on all of the existing islands.
    I'm hoping for Poni island to get a a mayor redesign myself since it is completely bare in the originals, specially the Battle Tree area, previous games had the battle facilities in towns or special areas, the Battle Tree however is in the middle of nowhere. (Wouldn't mind if they removed the tree completely to add something better too)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd just like to see some of the areas expanded on a bit. Though new islands wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing by any means.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that was to avoid comparisons with ORAS, honestly...after all, the "too much water" meme would have inevitably surfaced if we had been able to Surf/Dive along routes between islands, even though the island setup practically begged for that.

I wonder this time if we'll be able to do that too, now that Alola has established itself as something separate. It'd be a nice way to expand the region without expanding the region.

Plus it'll be a nice chance to get to use Lapras and Sharpedo more xD

Back