• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New locations?

pkmin3033

Well, they can't just send us trudging through the same boring locations again, right? As a chain of islands, it is entirely possible that Alola may be expanded upon for these games. Is that something you would like to see? What sort of habitat, or trials, would you like to see on any new islands? Or if the old islands were to be expanded, what would you like to see added?

Years
    I would like to see additional routes, even if it's a small one.

Also, please make that golf course at Hano Grand Resort finally accessible! It was a huge missed opportunity for a side feature.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    An additional island would be nice to explore. Or improvement on the Poni Islands maybe?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    A few additional islands would be great to explore, Alola seems like it can be expanded upon, just like Unova (they can expand upon it even more as the games are bigger) or it would be good if we could visit a few past regions (Johto and Kanto), because I don't think we'll see them in the glorious 3D.

pkmin3033

I feel like soaring in the sky such as in ORAS would have worked well with Alola; the Mirage Island feature seems a natural fit for a region that consists entirely of islands.

Since revisiting another region seems highly unlikely at this stage, I'd like it if they expanded upon things significantly...maybe with a colder northern island, or a Safari Zone-type island. Just something to make it more interesting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Do you think that we would have new areas in Alola?
    Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seems to have new Pokemon so why not new areas?

I can see a few. Mostly new buildings and such rather than new routes and buildings.

Considering how they didn't add routes to OrAs Hoenn, I don't think they'll add any to U-SM Alola as they are island regions without much space to work with (Hoenn add some, though). Maybe we could see the return of mirage islands...

pkmin3033

I think there is a reasonably good chance that we will get at least one new island to explore. It won't be as big as the main four, but I think postgame content and/or expansion could include a new island and a subsequent map. That said, Alola was very patchwork in S/M so I expect many of the changes that will come will be filling that in, which would mean the changes wouldn't require one.

...regardless, I hope it is displayed better on the Rotom Dex in US/UM if that feature makes a return.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
    I think there might be an expansion to certain areas or a remodeling of some areas already featured in Sun and Moon, though, with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being called as an 'alternate story', it may be simply like what happened with ORAS, simply an improvement of graphical aesthetics.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    I think there is a reasonably good chance that we will get at least one new island to explore.

Actually, I have a feeling we'll get three more islands to explore. As I stated in another thread, only five islands have been covered by Alola, and Hawaii has eight major islands. The only islands we haven't seen yet are Molokai, Lanai and Kahoolawe. While I've already been through what they might be called (Oma'Oma'O, Alani and Ahinahina respectively) this will also mean that we'll get new Tapus to go with them as well. If this makes sense, then the guardian of Oma'Oma'O would likely be Bug/Fairy (as Grass/Fairy is already covered by Bulu), the guardian of Alani would likely be Fighting/Fairy, and the guardian of Ahinahina would likely be Steel/Fairy. However, this is only mere speculation and we don't know if we'll even get those island names, or even the same types for the Tapus.

pkmin3033

Actually, I have a feeling we'll get three more islands to explore. As I stated in another thread, only five islands have been covered by Alola, and Hawaii has eight major islands. The only islands we haven't seen yet are Molokai, Lanai and Kahoolawe. While I've already been through what they might be called (Oma'Oma'O, Alani and Ahinahina respectively) this will also mean that we'll get new Tapus to go with them as well. If this makes sense, then the guardian of Oma'Oma'O would likely be Bug/Fairy (as Grass/Fairy is already covered by Bulu), the guardian of Alani would likely be Fighting/Fairy, and the guardian of Ahinahina would likely be Steel/Fairy. However, this is only mere speculation and we don't know if we'll even get those island names, or even the same types for the Tapus.
    I honestly think that's a little too ambitious...I do believe SM were rushed out, but three whole islands of content? That seems...improbable. Traditionally its only been forme changes that have been unique to new titles in existing generations too, not entirely new Pokemon. They could set a precedent with Gen VII by introducing brand new Pokemon, granted - and I certainly wouldn't put it past them to do that - but I remain cynical about having entirely new Pokemon. Of course, if every major island has to have a Tapu Guardian, that makes the probability of significant expansion pretty low.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I hope that we get some new or expanded areas to go through. The islands felt/were so small in Sun/Moon.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Many routes of SM were pretty linear and didn't have a lot to explore so I'd like to see them elaborated a bit and given some more side areas we can check out. Not sure if we'll get anything major like a new island unless it's presence is like, super important to the plot in some way.

Years

I remember back during SM's time that apparently GF fused some of the islands together. So it's possible that all eight real life islands are already represented by the four we got now.

Years
    Many routes of SM were pretty linear and didn't have a lot to explore so I'd like to see them elaborated a bit and given some more side areas we can check out. Not sure if we'll get anything major like a new island unless it's presence is like, super important to the plot in some way.

This.

I feel we should get some new areas, but at the same time not something too major. The 8 main islands of Hawaii were pretty much simplified into four islands here, and I can see why that was done.

Years
    I'm hoping for a couple of new islands and tbh I think there's a great chance we'll get them. Plus, considering how sequels/third versions always increase dramatically on the post-game, I wouldn't be surprised to see an island or two only accessible after we beat the game.

Years
    I don't think there'll be necessarily new locations that will just pop up out of the blue, but I do see all the previous locations being all revamped up.

BUT hopefully they will include a dive feature to explore all that sea & water in Alola.

Or some surfing routes. Surprised by how Alola lacked so many...

Back