• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Member: Prometheus X

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Hello everyone, I'm Prometheus X and I'm new to this community. I hope to get acquainted with as many of you as possible and contribute to my fellow forum members in a positive way. I am very approachable and down to earth, so always feel free to talk to me whenever you like. I check all of the forms I am involved with regularly, so I shouldn't be hard to get in touch with most of the time. As you might imagine, I'm a huge Pokemon fan and have been a trainer, a title I proudly wear, ever since the original gold, silver, and crystal. My favorite Pokemon of all time is Feraligatr, and I consider not choosing Totodile in any game where it is available to be blasphemy. I am a big believer that Pokemon should be fun first and competitive second. I detest Smogon University and believe originality in battle strategy supersedes their cookie cutter move sets. I also love fan made original Pokemon "fakemon" and collect pictures of lots of fan made Pokemon from deviantart. That's about it for my introduction, so I'll wrap this up by saying its good to be here and thanks for having me aboard.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Nice to see another friendly member wants to join PC! This forum is so friendly, that you can't resist being in here if you stay more!

Anyway, it's nice to check the rules at the first place. And we'll be happy to talk with you if you want to. You could VM me or other members, and also staffs like Cirno. So, best wishes, and be active!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi Prometheus, and welcome to the fun world of PokeCommunity!

I'm glad you're feeling excited about meeting new people, that's what I want to see more of in new members, encouragement to want to get involved in the community. And I happen to be a kind-hearted person as well, so I'm pretty easy to approach. And everyone here at PC is a Pokemon fan, including myself, been a fan since Pokemon first landed in Australia, around 1999 or something. Never got to play an actual Pokemon game until 2003 though, and despite being aged in my 20s (with my 21st birthday coming in October) I still remain dedicated to the franchise more than ever.

Ah yes, Johto. It's such a memorable region and still remains a fave among fans, Feraligatr was never my kind of Water-type starter but it still has its uses. If you're interested in discussing Gold, Silver and Crystal I advise popping by the Metal & Color Generation Gaming section which discusses the good old days of Kanto and Johto. And we have sections covering the other Pokemon games too, including the upcoming Pokemon X & Y, which I believe will be awesome!

I do hope you enjoy PC, and remember reading the rules is important and/or contacting staff members, like our mod of The Welcome Lounge, the very cute but friendly Cirno who'd love to help out with any questions you have. I'm also open for a new friend, so if you ever need to chat just drop a VM on my profile and I do hope to see you around the forums!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Dude. Feraligator is cool, but you know Typhlosion is the Johto final evo.

Anyhow, welcome to PC Prometheus X! I started my Pokemon trainer journey at 2nd gen too. Crystal holds dear to my heart as my favourite Pokemon game of all time, though it probably only wins 'cause nostalgia haha. I don't really competitive battle much, but I see your point about Somogon kinda ruining that scene. Well, not ruining, but certainly making it a little less... competitive, shall I say. Anyhow, I think there's a Pokemon Battle section somewhere, and I feel like you will fit in right there, so do check it out! Also we have a little-but-not-really-little project going on in the Art and Design section called 'The PokeCommunity Pokedex Project', where some of the members are making a whole lot of awesome fakemon that you might be interested to look at.

Hope to see you around Mr X, and feel free to VM me if you like.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello there Prometheus! Welcome to PC bro!

It's good to know you're friendly cause you'll fit in here perfectly. We have a very friendly memberbase so someone who is approachable like you can easily make friends here. I really do hope you can stay active too and that you become a regular member. I'm a really friendly guy as well, or so I've been told, so if you ever want a person to chat with I won't mind you sending me a VM. :)

I personally started with Kanto and Pokemon Red, but I do love me some Johto. I remember I got Gold and Silver as gift for my first communion from a teacher. She told me to take one and give the other to a brother, so I picked Gold and gave Silver to my older brother. Ah boy, I remember all the fun times I've had playing that game. I first picked Cyndaquil I believe or Totodile, can't remember. After Gen III I would pick Chikorita cause at the time I really loved Treecko, and still do, and so I felt the need pick the Grass starter in every game. I still do today, but I've been more willing to pick the Fire or Water starter. Anyway, I do love Johto alot too. I love how in the games you can visit Kanto afterwords so two regions in one game! As Hikari mentioned, there is Metal & Color Generation Gaming for all things on Gen I and II.But besides that there's many other sections just for Pokemon as well.

Some fakemon are just really good! I've seen many on deviantart too and I have to say some are better than real Pokemon and that I hope some could be real Pokemon someday. Maybe in the upcoming games, Pokemon X and Y, we will get some Pokemon similar to some fakemon. While there isn't a section for Fakemon, we do have a thread here called The Pokecommunity Pokedex Project in Art & Design. . Every now and then people from the community come together to make an entire Pokedex of fakemon based on a theme. This time around, it's Pokemon based on Greek mythology. Art & Design also is where members can post gallery to show off their art, so it's likely some people have drawings of Fakemon in theirs. So just look at member's galleries and the Pokedex project to see Fakemon from our own members! Don't forget you can also submit your own to contribute to the project or even open your own gallery and post your works there.

Well, that's all I have to say for now so best be wrapping this up. Hope to see you around here often and that you enjoy yourself here. Remember, if you have question just ask any staff member (those in blue, red and orange) and they will help you with anything you may need. See you around!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes and I will defiantly vm as many of you as possible soon. At present, I'm away from my computer and I'm having to post from my iPhone, which makes things difficult at times, but I will start active posting as soon as I get back to my computer.

Back