• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New old player!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Hey everyone!
    I'm a new/old player. As in I grew up playing pokemon (1st gen)
    And played a bit of plat, but never got into the whole hardcore aspect of the game.
    Back in 1st gen, winning a game was pretty much earthquake every turn, lol.

But I'm trying to get into everything, EVs, breeding, and building up a good team.
    Need some friends on my list for safari and battles and trading.

I'm a 27/m from Illinois US. With pokemon X, Not sure what my safari is yet but I have Bergen the E4.
    FC: 0361-7652-9175

I also play Animal crossing a bit for this that play.

Look forward to battleing, playing, and learning with you all!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, Earthquake was really amazing in Gen I because there were no abilities back then, aha. That and moves like Amnesia were really overpowed because the SpA & SpD split didn't happen until the R/B/Y days. Ugh, Psychic pokemon were so stroooong. XD

Take a look at the X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread; you can use that a resource to go and ask someone politely to add their friend code, since members around here have entered their own friend codes upon there, so, feel free to check it out to add more people to your friend list! I'm always looking for more Friend codes, so, best of luck to the both of us upon filling that up!

Oh, and there's also the Quick Battle Requests for battling, as well as the Trade Plaza for all your trading, so feel free to explore those as well! In any case, welcome to PC, friend, and it's nice to meet you today! Don't be shy on asking a staff members for assistance because they are oh so kind and willing to help! I look forward on seeing you around the forum, and I hope you'll enjoy your stay. ^^

Earthquake pretty much equaled death way back then. It's kind of amusing to look back at.. having all these strategies now makes Pokemon less predictable and a lot more fun. :) Welcome!

Ooh, well, you'll find everything you need here as far as resources are concerned so be sure to stick with us for a long while. Aura has already covered some suggestions so I recommend hopping over there and poking around. The Trade Corner is an ideal place for discussing IVs and the like and you can also show off anything cool you've bred via the chit-chat/DCC thread. The Battle Center will be able to help you build a great team be it for competitive or in-game purposes so you really have stumbled on a great forum here. Don't disappear on uss! We would really love to have you.

Oh, I'd also be happy to add your friend code so shoot me a message sometime! Always fun to have more people for the friend safari as well as more in-game friends. n_n Have a good time on the community and see you around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hi, welcome. I'm fairly new here and the people are extremely nice.
    Ps. I'm a gen 1 fan as well.

Back