• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Expecting a spinoff... Or Pokémon Gray. Spinoffs generally drop randomly, so I have my money on Gray mainly. OR RS(3)DS.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    my bets are on the wii game. iwata confirmed it two months ago, saying that it would come out this year, so its the right time to announce it. as far as grey on the 3ds, they wouldn't announce it so soon. it would be on the 3ds, meaning they would want to ramp up the graphics more so than any other 3rd game that there has been so far. platinum came out 2 years after dp, which didnt really improve upon the first 2 that much. so i'm saying it will be atleast 2 years after bw before they release grey.

some ideas for the wii game

-pokemon stadium 3 (mini games etc)
    -pokemon coloseum (with a story mode)
    -pokemon snap 2 (unlikely, but would be sweet)

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Almost everyone forgets the fact the Gold & Silver were released on Game Boy and Crystal was released on Game Boy Color! so it's very much possible for them to release the 3rd installment on the 3DS. They've done it before there's no reason why they wouldn't do it again.

They were made on Gameboy Color, not Gameboy.
    That was only Blue/Green, Red and Yellow.

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    They were made on Gameboy Color, not Gameboy.
    That was only Blue/Green, Red and Yellow.

Yeah, your correct. so it says so on the boxes of the games but i'm speaking from looking at the cartridge itself.

Pokemon Gold (on an original Game Boy Cartridge)

Pokemon Crystal (on the Game Boy Color cartridge so it wasn't back compatible with the game boy itself yet G&S were)

Do you know what i mean? So if they released "Grey" on the 3DS you wouldn't be able to play it on the DS. That was the point i was trying to make :)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I will probably pick it up no matter what.

Unless if it is a Pokemon Ranger or PBR installment. I don't like Ranger, and while I have nothing against PBR, I don't have wifi so it would be useless to me. Plus my Wii broke down a few months ago.

A new Stadium sounds cool, but I am on the fence as to whether or not Nintendo would really revive that series. Either way, I am hoping for the next PMD, assuming of course it isn't Grey or the R/S remakes.

EDIT: I also won't pick up the game if it turns out to be Trozei or a non-RPG game in general. I have Portal 2 for my puzzles, even though I'm already done with it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's definately not going to be the third game to B/W, it's too early after B/W's release and I (unfortuantely) highly doubt a R/S/E remake, it would be ideal but I recon it's another spin-off. It won't be Ranger, we only got the third one late 2010.

Most probally a MD installment, I mean the last one was two years ago back in 09, and even that was kind of a third game to the two games Time & Darkness. I like the PMD installments so I woudn't be too botherd, but I'm kinda getting impatient for a R/S/E remake!

Nah, it's not too early. At the end of May it'll be around six months since they were released and it was six months after Pearl and Diamond were released that Platinum was announced.

That said, I think I'd prefer a R/S/E remake.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hm, it's possible, I mean there was a 2 year gap between them, but B/W does lack some features, if it was I doubt it would be on the 3DS because B/W was on DS and it would be pointless having it on a separate console really.

razzbat

dancer
    Years

Nah, it's not too early. At the end of May it'll be around six months since they were released and it was six months after Pearl and Diamond were released that Platinum was announced.

That said, I think I'd prefer a R/S/E remake.
    no it wasnt, it was announced in may 2008, 20 months after the release of dp in japan. and at the end of may it will be 8 months after the release of bw. not only this, the jump from dp to pt wasnt that big. with the console change from ds to 3ds, we'll expect a huge improvement meaning it will take alot more time to develop than past 3rd game. so yes, it is too early.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's possible they might have a Colliseum/XD type game on the 3DS now that it can handle more than the DS.

What do you think? Trading between those games to Black/White would be even simpler too.

I'd like to see something out of the blue, rather than just pokemon grey or a mystery dungeon game. They did say they wanted to do something unexpected with pokemon. Failing that my first preference would be a Ruby/Sapphire remake over pokemon Grey.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I'm really hoping it's either the R/S remakes (unlikely) or a Wii game like XD/BR/Stadium. But it will probably be PMD or Ranger, which I'm not too keen on. :(

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Well based on the pic, it looks like a mainstream game. Perhaps the third "grey"? Well I guess we will just have to wait and see.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I'm hoping for a new Colosseum game. The only problem though...is that I don't have a Wii.
    If it is a DS game, I'm hoping it will work on DSi, because I just got a DSi on Christmas and I'm not wasting money buying a 3DS.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I highly doubt that those games are either Mystery Dugeon or Ranger, mostly since image shows a screen shot of Black and White next to it which imply that the game will be compatible with those games. Mystery Dugeon and Ranger weren't compatable with the main series of game in the past which make those two unlikely.

It's most likely going to be a Pokemon game for the Wii which will either be a Shadow Pokemon game like XD and Colosseum or a battling game like Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I doubt that the game would be a main series title since it seems too early and it would take some time to develop the RS remakes and Grey on the 3DS.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Maybe its just me that never liked pmd/stadium much, eh. maybe cause i found pmd bit hard at times?

[3DS] Pokemon Snap 2
    [Wii] The new shadow Pokemon game /even though I soo want a portable one. /never use consoles much.
    [3DS] New PMD
    [Wii] PBR 2 (please with story/adventure. not just click and go :/) Or stadium, but I want to explore not just point /.\

Just some options
    and its a bit early for ranger (..i like it.) and grey or r/s/e remakes (want so bad ;-;-) is long away

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I hope it's a Pokemon Stadium type game for the Wii up to Black and White, but my guess would be Pokemon Gray. I'd like it to be on the 3DS. Who knows, there could be 2 versions of it for both types of DSs. It happened with Zelda Twilight Princess that had a Game Cube and Wii versions. I would really like to play Pokemon in 3D.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I highly doubt its R/S remakes, there's absolutely no reason for them anyway.

It'd be interesting for a PBR 2, but I guess it be for B/W. I'd buy it , all I really want is a tournament-style Pokemon game anyway, like Stadium.

blue

gucci
    Years
    it could be Grey, it could be a R/S remake, we'll just have to wait till May, although I'm becoming a little excited now.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    All of you saying it can't be a pokemon rpg are WRONG!
    Considering that every game comes out a Year before the USA/UK/Aus get them, so The japanese have had pokemon black and white for almost 2 years. Also,considering this game is in the early stages of development, it could take until about late 2011- 2012 until the japanese get it, meaning that by then, we'll have had pokemon black and white ( and maybe a stupid spin-off game to be announced LATER ) for about 1 1/2 - 2 years. So either a remake of R/S/E or a third version is Highly Likely. Either it's a third version, a remake of R/S/E, or the PBR for Black and White ( hopefully it has a story :) )

Years
    I really hope its a game like Pokemon Stadium, or Battle Revolution (but better). I love those games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back